PDA

View Full Version : Das Auto X 2

lordairgtar
11-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Son in law's Ford Focus was falling apart literally, front nose piece coming off, battery losing charge and no one could figure it out. Needed brakes, tires and all that. He works at Hall VW / Mazda and asked about getting a new car and getting out of the loan on the Focus...long story short, they both traded in their cars and Lisa got a GTI and Eddie got the Jetta on lease. Their credit rating had improved to the point that the old car's (Scion xB & Focus) loans were bought out by the dealer and they leased the new ones plus a re-finance of the old loan buyout got them two cars for less than the old ones were costing. Since they do not put many miles on the cars, a lease was a pretty good deal. Nice cars, but I don't know how I feel about VWs except for the fact that they also got free maintenance for the length of the lease. Lisa's comment was she was going to get in trouble with such a fast car. The cars are both black.

FoxStang
11-05-2010, 05:33 PM
If they got free maintenance for the life of the lease, they're in good shape. Every newer VW I've ever dealt with always had issues, I'm confused as to how VAG can be one of the worlds largest manufacturers and still keep building a shoddy product. On the plus side I've always found their interiors to be nice, even if they are a design nightmare (Audi's...).

pOrk
11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I know lots of ppl at Hall Mazda VW, they are currently the largest Mazda / VW Parts Dealer in the Midwest, once their new body shop is built I don't think anyone will be able to compete in the parts game. A+ Dealership imo

Red97GTP
11-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Having driven many VW's, they are very well built, but over-engineered. If i were them, I would not buy out the lease unelss they are willing to shell out $2000 for a bumper to bumper warranty. Very smart on their part to lease rather than purchase a VW.

CannotPost
11-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm confused as to how VAG can be one of the worlds largest manufacturers and still keep building a shoddy product. On the plus side I've always found their interiors to be nice, even if they are a design nightmare (Audi's...).

LOL:rolf:rolf

I know there not a 79' Mustang.... But Audi / VW Design is hardly a nightmare. Just cause their product is 10 years ahead of domestics doesnt make them bad.
;P

Slow Joe
11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I know lots of ppl at Hall Mazda VW, they are currently the largest Mazda / VW Parts Dealer in the Midwest, once their new body shop is built I don't think anyone will be able to compete in the parts game. A+ Dealership imo

On top of that they're the largest Certified Used VW Dealer in WI...

FoxStang
11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
LOL:rolf:rolf

I know there not a 79' Mustang.... But Audi / VW Design is hardly a nightmare. Just cause their product is 10 years ahead of domestics doesnt make them bad.
;P

I'm talking strictly from an interior design aspect, the intuitiveness of the design is absolute shit, at least in my book. Took me 15x longer to figure out the Audi Q7 entertainment than it did the idrive in a similarly classed X5, and the idrive is supposed to be horrendous...

Don't let the cars I own fool you, I have quite a taste for German imports, so long as they hail from Munich or Stuttgart.

Crawlin
11-08-2010, 04:23 PM
On top of that they're the largest Certified Used VW Dealer in WI...

Gotta love being right on the highest traffic strip in the highest grossing income area of SE wisconsin and then being RIGHT NEXT to the lexus dealership all those parents visit and then buy the vw/mazda for the kids

HAHA (this is a joke obviously, but can be sort of true)

Hey Joe, what are they doing with Hall Chevrolet now?

pOrk
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
The old chevy location is for sale if you know anyone interested in buying some primo real-estate. For now its a service center / body shop for all makes and models. It is no longer Hall Chevrolet, its Hall Automotive. Hall will never sell new GM vehicles ever, ever again.

Crawlin
11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
even when it was Hall Chevrolet... I don't think they were selling GM Products... ;) get what I mean, haha.

yeah, that's primo real estate like the old Heiser Lincoln/Mercury and Northpoint Ford locations on 76th street. WAY overpriced real estate

pOrk
11-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Commercial properties are always over priced, thats why they sit empty so damn long :)