PDA

View Full Version : Flash/windows 7 issues

FoxStang
11-02-2010, 06:53 PM
So lately I've been getting issues whenever I watch a video full screen (youtube, hulu, etc) completely freezes (to the point where the machine needs to be reset), sometimes audio keeps going, other times not (Hardware accel disabled). Most of the time no BSOD, the few I did get I ran a debug on the dump file and it just said it was related to windows kernel process. Tried this in several different browsers (both 32 bit and 64 bit with appropriate flash plug in). Works perfectly fine in safe mode. Tried it without security software running, sound driver features turned off (IDT drivers known for flash problems), several diff nvidia drivers and a few other things.

Anyone got any ideas? I know there are a few fairly advanced tech people on here. I'm almost at my wits end here dealing with this, I suppose I could live without that feature, but its extremely annoying.

Myles
11-02-2010, 07:01 PM
reinstall flash. This sounds like a problem related to flash itself not windows.

FoxStang
11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
reinstall flash. This sounds like a problem related to flash itself not windows.
Did that a bunch of times already with the latest version, including full uninstall. I guess I'll try dl'ing flash 9 and see what happens.

Myles
11-02-2010, 07:17 PM
hmm, try updating your graphics driver

FoxStang
11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Was using modded new drivers since its a laptop, I'll try the standard nvidia driver they have for this machine.

FoxStang
11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Was a problem with the audio driver and video driver, found two that work so far, hopefully none of the problems persist.