PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off at Autozone!!!

SSScottSS
10-31-2010, 11:06 PM
I was moving my car tonight after trick and treat, to put it away for the evening, and I noticed I had a headlight out. Not that big of a deal since I can't remember how many years ago I last changed them. It was about 8:40 PM so I ran over to Autozone and bought 2 Silverstars thinking I would just replace both sides at once. The lights were $19.99 a piece :wooo , but I figure they will last quite a few years anyways.

I took my burnt out light out, and opened the sealed box for the first Silverstar and it said "Wagner Halogen"!!! and the inside of the bulb, they are the old sealed style, is all cloudy!!! I figured I must have accidentally grabbed my old bulb... nope, my old bulb was full of water. Grabbed the other Silverstar box and opened it and it had a General Electric bulb in it!!!!

Both of these Silverstar boxes appeared to glued shut from the factory and never opened.

I'm going to bring them back tomorrow. They'll probably think I'm trying to rip them off :fire

03Seville
10-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Someone probably bought the silver stars and then returned the pack with their old bulbs in it...
As long as they made it look sealed auto zone wouldn't check into out any further...

awsomeears
10-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Do yourself and don't get the silverstars, I returned mine after a few month and the lady manager didn't even ask for a receipt. She said " Silver stars are the crappiest bulb out there, just get the plane jane ones "

Perfect ever since...

SSScottSS
10-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Someone probably bought the silver stars and then returned the pack with their old bulbs in it...
As long as they made it look sealed auto zone wouldn't check into out any further...

I'm sure that's what happened, but instead of the store getting ripped off I got ripped. I probably should be so upset, but boy am I pissed!

lilws6
10-31-2010, 11:40 PM
shoulda went to carquest :goof

nismodave
11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Silerstars are JUNK....I put them in my Mazda Last year....lasted less than 8 months

Slow5oh
11-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Do you guys touch the Silverstar bulbs or something? I've never had a problem with them nor has anyone else that I personally know.

jbiscuit
11-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Junk!

srt4eh
11-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I put Silverstars into my srt-4 in 2004.....just last month had one die on me. Went to wal-mart to buy a new pair and decided that they were "cool" in the cruising days...now I just needed bulbs that made light...lol.

Silver86
11-01-2010, 09:53 AM
have had silverstars in most of my cars... never had a problem with them burning out early. hell... before i sold my accord, it had silverstars in it for atleast 4 years lol.

jbiscuit
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
OEM bulbs FTW.

SSScottSS
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I brought them back and exchanged without a problem thankfully.

-stew-
11-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I steal my headlight bulbs from used car lots.

wrath
11-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Hella. Used to use Silverstars before they started to suck.

jakedrew
11-02-2010, 08:36 PM
got 8 years on mine. I like them. Not sure how they are now.

lilws6
11-02-2010, 10:46 PM
lol funny a guy just came in today and said he got ripped by autozone. he bought a bulb put it in and it didn't work so he went back. they said oh we don't have any more but we'll give you a discount on a two pack. So the guy came across the street to us and bought a headlight and some brake light bulbs and told me the tail lights and headlight cost a buck more than the one bulb he got from the zone :goof we gots cheap lights apparently