PDA

View Full Version : DNR Cust.# the same a Hunter Cert.#?

Firefighter Z
10-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Hey is the DNR Customer number the same as a Hunter Certification number?

Some stores are giving me a hard time with my Hunter Certification Card because it's faded and they can't read the number, so I give them my old fishing license that has my DNR Customer number on it and give me the "It has to be the Hunter Certification Card" BS.

I know it's required that I must have it when getting a license but it's faded to plain white almost. All you can read is Wisconsin Hunter Safety Certification, with my name but the number is gone.

Oh BTW: they tried running my name with my DL, but their computer system doesn't go back that far???

team beater
10-30-2010, 01:19 PM
It's the same

team beater
10-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I had the same issue when getting my bow license this year. The stores can actually print a new card for you. I had to get the dnr customer service in the phone and walk the stores staff through it because they were stupid.

Firefighter Z
10-30-2010, 03:34 PM
I tried to get Gander to print me off a new card but they said their computers don't show me having a Hunter Safety cert.

Their excuse was that their computers don't go back that far... WTF? I did the cert. back in 1994.

I went on the DNR website to try to buy my Hunting License and it will let me, but I don't want to pay $27.00. So most likely I'll try a different store.

150 RESIDENT GUN DEER
[This license will be sent to you by mail within 7 days from today] $24.00
154 ANTLERLESS HERD CONTROL TAG
[This license will be sent to you by mail within 7 days from today] $0.00
50 CONVENIENCE FEE $3.00
Total: $27.00

Coops Brother
10-30-2010, 04:57 PM
There is somewhere on the DNR site to request a replacement hunter ed card.

Firefighter Z
10-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Ya I looked for it, found the link, went through the BS and didn't see anything in the sales area for buying a replacement cards, just licenses.

Rocket Power
10-30-2010, 10:41 PM
My hunter safety card crumbled years ago, but im old enough not to have the hunters ed req :rolf

flyin_blue_egg
10-31-2010, 09:02 AM
This is why I always keep last years lic. Then all you gotta do is give that to them.

Firefighter Z
11-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Well I talked to the DNR and it turns out I had 2 different numbers, so I had them merge all of the old number information to the new number and now I should be able to reprint my card right?

WRONG!
Gander Mountain still couldn't find the box for a reprint of the Hunter Cert. Card as also I...
WTF! Now it's looks like I will have to go down-town and see what the hell is going on...
Tax dollars hard at work there..........

They can't manage a Deer heard and now it looks like that they even manage this!

team beater
11-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I had my printed at Fleetfarm in Germantown.

DirtyMax
11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
My DNR Customer # is definitely different than my hunter ed #. The DNR# is set up like a SSN# while the hunter cert # is only like 5-6 digits. I think you have to go to a DNR station to get a reprint of the card. There's one down on MLK (N. 3rd) and North-ish area 2300 North MLK Drive. They should also be able to load that # onto your info so when a retail outlet pulls up your name, etc., the cert # is loaded.

Firefighter Z
11-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I called the DNR on Monday and they got everything straightened out and gave me a new number.
Turned out that when I talked to someone last time, they didn't complete it properly.