PDA

View Full Version : Pets

Voodoo Chick
10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I know damn near everyone here has some sort of pets......I noticed my 4 month old cat doing something pretty weird lately.....when he wants to be extra-friendly, he walks towards me with his back arched, on tip-toes, walking totally sideways (slowly) with his tail up and wagging and purring as loud as he can, then he stands up on his hind legs to be picked up. Very cute, but very weird.......So.....I was wondering, what are the weirdest, goofiest, most eccentric things YOUR pets do?

Holeshot
10-28-2010, 07:30 PM
One of my cats has O.C.D. She has all the fur licked of her belly. Even the vet says she's never see this in a cat before. Its a bald patch thats 2 in square.

0TransAm0
10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
^^lol @ avatar^^

my cat plays fetch with hair ties.. she brings it back and waits for you to fling it down the hallway like a rubber band.

Ricky Bobby
10-28-2010, 08:20 PM
^^lol @ avatar^^

my cat plays fetch with hair ties.. she brings it back and waits for you to fling it down the hallway like a rubber band.

x2 both my cats do this :rolf

Silver350
10-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Well two things my dog does that gets me to laugh everytime.
1. when she stretches, Front end down on the ground ass up in the air she will lift her head up and yawns but when she does she roars like a lion.
2. when playing with toys if you say give paw and then say no I want the other one and do it a while with out throwing the toy she let out a moan in frustration.

Thing my dog does and dont understand why. She will sit in front of you and stare you down like you should know what she wants.

theavenger333
10-28-2010, 09:49 PM
One of my cats has O.C.D. She has all the fur licked of her belly. Even the vet says she's never see this in a cat before. Its a bald patch thats 2 in square.

my parent's cat has the exact same thing. bald ass belly.

Voodoo Chick
10-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Well two things my dog does that gets me to laugh everytime.
1. when she stretches, Front end down on the ground ass up in the air she will lift her head up and yawns but when she does she roars like a lion.
2. when playing with toys if you say give paw and then say no I want the other one and do it a while with out throwing the toy she let out a moan in frustration.

Thing my dog does and dont understand why. She will sit in front of you and stare you down like you should know what she wants.

One of my cats does the exact same thing.....he'll also kinda shift his weight from paw to paw as if in impatience like "COME ON!!!!!!"

That_Guy
10-28-2010, 11:55 PM
I have a 14 year old macaw that I thought was a male lay eggs. Now everytime its time to lay eggs it gets all crazy menstral and agressive just like every other woman in my life. The only way to snap it out of its craziness is with a squirtbottle filled with water. "Fellas this does not work on women"

xxsn0blindxx
10-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Whenever I have meat trimmings I give them to my dog, but don't want him to know where they came from because I don't want to encourage him to beg for food while I'm cooking. So I sneak the food into his dish when he isn't looking or when he's outside. Now every time he comes in the house he falls over himself running to get to his dish in hopes there might be some chicken scraps. We don't give him food from that bowl normally and scraps get put in only once a week, but no exaggeration he checks it at least 30 times a day.

TheRX7Project
10-29-2010, 08:11 AM
One of my snails keeps going to the same spot in my tank where he gets stuck between a rock and the glass... that's all I got...

BR3W CITY
10-29-2010, 08:58 AM
I know damn near everyone here has some sort of pets......I noticed my 4 month old cat doing something pretty weird lately.....when he wants to be extra-friendly, he walks towards me with his back arched, on tip-toes, walking totally sideways (slowly) with his tail up and wagging and purring as loud as he can, then he stands up on his hind legs to be picked up. Very cute, but very weird.......So.....I was wondering, what are the weirdest, goofiest, most eccentric things YOUR pets do?

my cat does something similar. When he wants to be picked up he goes up on his rear legs and reaches up.

He also likes to get a running start and then jump straight up against the kitchen door frame...almost like he's doing a vertical jump test. He keeps trying to reach higher and higher.

PureSound15
10-29-2010, 09:25 AM
My dog is very good at identifying which toys are hers, and what are not.

She destroys anything that is poly-filled or has a squeeker BUT - I gave her a stuffed Tigger, which she carries around like her child everywhere she goes, and hasn't ever played ruff with it. Very strange.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/533e9fca.jpg

animal
10-29-2010, 09:25 AM
My lab will just all of a sudden freak out and start doing laps around the coffee table. We have a big L shaped section couch and he runs up the backrest like a banked turn at daytona and does like 10-12 full speed laps around the table whether theres someone on the couch or not. Funniest part isnt this, it's that while he runs, he tucks his ass in like you were trying to swat it with something. This whole thing takes no provocation. It's like a loose wire shorts out or something.

michelle
10-29-2010, 09:40 AM
^^ "zoomies" in the Great Dane world. Lola gets them when a rain drop hits her, before each meal, when leaves are falling on the ground, after a bath, if the wind hits her just right, while playing with Howie, etc.

After a bath usually lasts the longest.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/Lola/th_DSCN0751.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/Lola/?action=view&current=DSCN0751.mp4)

Myles
10-29-2010, 11:10 AM
My cat mauls people. Pretty sure its the spawn of satan.

Crawlin
10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Then you'd be satan's master cause it likes you.... and you can whoop it's ass

Myles
10-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I think the right word is Tolerates me. I give him food and water so in turn he only mauls me half the time.

flyin_blue_egg
10-29-2010, 11:53 AM
^^ "zoomies" in the Great Dane world. Lola gets them when a rain drop hits her, before each meal, when leaves are falling on the ground, after a bath, if the wind hits her just right, while playing with Howie, etc.

After a bath usually lasts the longest.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/Lola/th_DSCN0751.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/Lola/?action=view&current=DSCN0751.mp4)

My lab springer mix is the same way. I stood at the top of my stairs a few days ago and watched her run into the bedroom, onto the bed, off the bed, out the bedroom to my feet at the top of the stairs and then turn around and do it again. for about 5 mins.

my cat will also walk around the house and meow like he's being hurt over and over again.

Gregor
10-29-2010, 05:21 PM
I would love to have a Great Dane. I understand that there not that active but i see yours dances to a different beat.

Our cat will puff out its tail and hop sideways, that means she wants to be chased all over the house by my wife.

michelle
10-29-2010, 05:48 PM
I would love to have a Great Dane. I understand that there not that active but i see yours dances to a different beat.

Our cat will puff out its tail and hop sideways, that means she wants to be chased all over the house by my wife.

Lola is the most energetic GD I have ever been around. The few rescues I have picked up for the GD Rescue were so calm and laid-back. Cool thing is, her energy level got our beagle playing - helps Howie keep off the pounds!

I have a feeling Lola's energy level is the reason her previous owner gave her up so quickly at 5 months old. Oh well, her loss is definitely my gain! I've had her for officially a year now and she's been a great addition to our family. (:

lordairgtar
10-30-2010, 01:14 AM
We had a ferret that would just go nuts when you brought her out to play. She would dodge under the couch cushions and stick her head out and make that ferret noise that goes ook ook ook ook. Our dog Paris would also do fast laps through the apartment, and the apartment wasn't that big...I sure miss Paris.

michelle
10-30-2010, 06:53 AM
We had a ferret that would just go nuts when you brought her out to play. She would dodge under the couch cushions and stick her head out and make that ferret noise that goes ook ook ook ook. Our dog Paris would also do fast laps through the apartment, and the apartment wasn't that big...I sure miss Paris.

My ferrets love playing in their rice box. They dig, leap, and try "swimming" through it. We had to put our oldest ferret down the other week due to health problems at the age of 7-8. She made the best "ook ook ook" sounds of all three.

lordairgtar
10-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Sorry about your ferret. Ours too had to be put down. She wound up with a paralysis in her lower half and no chance of recovery from that. Along with Paris the dog, I seem to have bad luck with pets. Every time I see dogs or kittehs or any other furry friend I want to hug them and pet them.

michelle
10-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Sorry about your ferret. Ours too had to be put down. She wound up with a paralysis in her lower half and no chance of recovery from that. Along with Paris the dog, I seem to have bad luck with pets. Every time I see dogs or kittehs or any other furry friend I want to hug them and pet them.

Shelby suddenly had no movement of her lower half one morning, so I knew it was time. She already had to have her protein/sugar levels monitored after going into a coma (it's amazing how quickly some honey on her gums woke her up!).

My zoo is getting smaller and I think it's going to stay that way. It's been a bad month and there's only so much I can take emotionally and financially. I really want to adopt one of the GD rescues I picked up and helped transport to her foster family, but I know she is already 4 years old and has some health issues (cataracts, neuro issues, etc.) that I selfishly don't think I could handle losing her in a 3-5 years.

Voodoo Chick
10-30-2010, 05:31 PM
I keep swearing up and down that I won't take in any more animals, because when I lose one, it just destroys me....then I end up adopting more anyway. Which is how I ended up with two more kittens. I'm sure it's a cycle I'll repeat throughout my whole life...."I'm not getting anymore pets...." then followed by "Welllll.........maybe just these two.....or three...." I'm so glad I have my two new little guys, though. Loosing my cat that I had for 16 years was agony of the purest form, but the little ones made it a little more bearable.

DerangedPony
10-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Both of our Greyhounds do some crazy stuff like the way one of them sleeps:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3919/img20100825225401.jpg

WI_Dave
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM

A buddy of mine had a blue Great Dane and it was very hyper even as she got older. A dog that big thats hyper spells bad news :rolf She used to stand on her hind legs and box with you.:chair:

Yooformula
11-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Our lab can be hanging out downstairs totally fine then out of the blue begin racing up/down the stairs at the speed of light like 6 times then go lay down.

Voodoo Chick
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM

Oh, I would SO LOVE to see a pic of that!! :rolf

michelle
11-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Lola (Great Dane) sucks on her "blankie" before she falls asleep. I'll catch her doing the same when we wake up in the morning if she woke up before us.

She'll also drag her "blankie" around the house and act so proud about it.

Voodoo Chick
11-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Lola (Great Dane) sucks on her "blankie" before she falls asleep. I'll catch her doing the same when we wake up in the morning if she woke up before us.

She'll also drag her "blankie" around the house and act so proud about it.

My husband made a "spider" out of thick black pipe cleaners for the kittens, and they carry it to wherever they intend to sleep........and when they wake up, they carry it over to their food dish.......today I found it in the bathtub.......

Forrest
04-22-2011, 07:37 AM
I think pets are more faithful to man than any other life partner or companion..
I have a dog named Jack and i think he is the most loving to me..

flyin_blue_egg
04-22-2011, 11:20 AM
^^^It's a good thing you have your dog....b/c all this spamming is gonna make all of us hate you really fast

KidCougar
04-23-2011, 02:02 PM
my cat plays fetch.With those little mice, no matter where she is wor what shes doing if you through it she hears it,hunts it down, and brings it rite nixe to you and waits for you to throw it again.And when she gets bored with that she trys to knock it out the air but still will bring it back,untill shes breathing heavy and her jaw is jung open.lol its funny and cool.

Holeshot
04-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Another thread form the dead

jamestown478
04-23-2011, 07:31 PM

my vet said it was because the cat was stressed and suggested a hormone shot to prevent him from doing it. He said its making her feel like they are about to have kittens and are preparing theselves to be a mom.