PDA

View Full Version : NFL: Fixxed or not???

Russ Jerome
10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
GB's second scoring drive was clearly not a catch, NBC anouncers (Chris Collinsworth and the old guy) clearly call it and replay it over and over but the score stands.

MN's challenge, the one that shows a legal NFL catch (if your unsure of the rules read them before denying) is overturned as not a catch.

Repeatedly thru the game the contact "non calls" while MN offense is onfeild are quietly ignored. I may be a Vikes fan and know Favre is a retard who can not control his throw speed I think the NFL LOVES the Packers. Vikes are winning right now, should be by 14 more points before the half but oh well :)

DynoTom
10-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I think Packer fans are just glad the refs might as well be wearing packer jerseys.....I think the Vikes will win......AR looks even worse than normal in this game....

badass88gt
10-24-2010, 09:32 PM
....but not worse than Favre(yet)

Russ Jerome
10-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Favre is the only bad thing on the Vikings side right now, hope he gets his mellon stowed in (as he throws for 40yrds again..). Hated Favre on the Packers, hate him more on my team...shit he just connecyed again!

Reverend Cooper
10-24-2010, 09:39 PM
farve is awesome,Arod has not been the same since he got his eggs scrambled lol

badass88gt
10-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Lol, yup. Real awesome...

05caddyext
10-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Hated Favre when he was a Packer? Are you serious? Im not a packer fan either, been a 49er fan all my life, but really? Favre has every important record ever. Iron man. Sure he makes terrible decisions, but he has made so many good ones, he has 504 tds. The next closest guy (84 less) hasn't played in a decade. Favre is probably the greatest player in history.

To answer your question, is the NFL fixed? Minnesota should have challenged that play. They have the same opportunity to to challenge that the Packers do, they chose not to. And yeah some of the interference calls are crap, but they happen to EVERY team, EVERY game so just suck it up and let the game play out.

badass88gt
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Wow, what a game. Blood pressure is up!

Russ Jerome
10-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Yup Favre sucks, his first two years (when I moved here as a lifelong Vikes fan) as a Packer were just horrible, his records are both receptions and interceptions, completions and incompletions. His glory is only equaled bye his gory, but never been a fan.

Vikings tonight: outstanding team with a great BACK UP QB, Favre did AP and RM no good, another few point loss :(

BOSS LX
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Ar looked just fine to me, besides that one interception to Allen. My only beef with the pack, is I am sick of them letting the opposing team stick around! Most of the issue is play calling! Sure wish a running game would be developed! That would make Aaron's life a lot easier!

2 games up on the Minnesota and tied with the horrid Bears, I will take it for now!

Lash
10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
It's gonna be hard to go right to sleep after that game.

:stare

Holeshot
10-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I hope Minnesota gets the Lombardi trophy but under the right circumstances. And thats up to Karma :)

flyin_blue_egg
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I hope Minnesota gets the Lombardi trophy but under the right circumstances. And thats up to Karma :)

You're kidding right?? Favre would have to play lights out for them to even have a chance at the playoffs. Right now they'd have to win 6 of 10 to even finish at .500, and with how Favre is playing this season won't happen. And if some how Favre gets hurt Jackson is no better, with the exception being he won't throw as many bad passes.

Holeshot
10-24-2010, 11:23 PM
You're kidding right?? Favre would have to play lights out for them to even have a chance at the playoffs. Right now they'd have to win 6 of 10 to even finish at .500, and with how Favre is playing this season won't happen. And if some how Favre gets hurt Jackson is no better, with the exception being he won't throw as many bad passes.

I meant with out Mr Favre.

VroomPshhTsi
10-24-2010, 11:36 PM
NFL fixed the game OMG!!

Really? Wow, there were PLENTY of calls that didn't go the Packers way either. There are calls like that every single game. Did you see Mathews getting held a handful of times? What about the ref on MN's last "TD" where the second foot CLEARLY landed out of bounds but the ref staring right as his feet (Harvin I believe) called him in. Thankfully they replayed it and called him out. Or on A-Rod's second INT, Jennings clearly got pushed out of bounds but no pass interference.
Main point: there are bad calls every single game against both teams, get over it.

I just love when the losing team blames the refs. Suck it up, if your team was as good as you say they are, they wouldn't leave it up to the refs. And your shitty old QB wouldn't throw so many interceptions.

How much of a sore loser can you be to bring up a conspiracy like that?

Thanks for the laugh though :rolf

GTSLOW
10-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Really? Wow, there were PLENTY of calls that didn't go the Packers way either. There are calls like that every single game. Did you see Mathews getting held a handful of times? What about the ref on MN's last "TD" where the second foot CLEARLY landed out of bounds but the ref staring right as his feet (Harvin I believe) called him in. Thankfully they replayed it and called him out. Or on A-Rod's second INT, Jennings clearly got pushed out of bounds but no pass interference.
Main point: there are bad calls every single game against both teams, get over it.

I just love when the losing team blames the refs. Suck it up, if your team was as good as you say they are, they wouldn't leave it up to the refs. And your shitty old QB wouldn't throw so many interceptions.

How much of a sore loser can you be to bring up a conspiracy like that?

Thanks for the laugh though :rolf

Ya really. :rolleyes: its their own coaches choice to make challenges just like mccarthy. There was crap calls on both sides. That ref that stood right there and called that out of bounds td should be fired. I agree with lash that game was down to the wire. Being a pack fan I can still say I felt bad for brett he knew he played a shitty game from start to stop. You could see it in his eyes.

05caddyext
10-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Its not always the coaches choice to review. If its under 2 minutes, which the last td was, it is a booth review.

And also, its BS that you can't review if there was interference or not, just if the TD stands. Harvin was clearly pushed before he caught the ball which made him land out of bounds. And I still HATE the rule about whats a TD and whats not. You can fly through the air from the 5 yard line and have only the BALL go over a pylon in the endzone and thats immediately a TD, but when you catch a ball in the endzone you have to have control to the ground and back up? When you catch the ball, the ball is across the plane of the endzone, TD, period. And, by the way, that catch was legal, and there is already an NFL rule about it, the refs got that wrong. Same with having to have 2 feet down in the endzone like the catch at the end. Why is that the case? As long as the ball is in the endzone when the catch is made, why does the receiver have to be in it? They don't when they leap from the 5 yard line, so why in the endzone is it different?

Someone please explain this to me, not only talking about the game last night, just football in general.

05caddyext
10-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Yup Favre sucks, his first two years (when I moved here as a lifelong Vikes fan) as a Packer were just horrible, his records are both receptions and interceptions, completions and incompletions. His glory is only equaled bye his gory, but never been a fan.

Wow you are right it is highly unusual to have a few bad seasons as a new quaterback in the league. Man that never happens. Its a good thing that he made up for it hey? How many quaterbacks have the Vikings had during Favres tenure in Green Bay? I believe they have had 10. And how many superbowls did they win? 0. The fact that he holds the record for interceptions is just a statistical probability, when you have thrown that many passes, you are going to throw picks. He holds nearly every record for QB's, good and bad. What's your second choice? Tavaris Jackson? Hes awesome, he throws more tds that Brett, and he can't play a whole game without getting hurt.

Here is another interesting fact. Favre throws 1 interception for every 30 passes he throws. Payton Manning throws 1 every 37 passes he throws, that ain't much better. Same goes for Drew Brees, 1 every 37.

flyin_blue_egg
10-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Its not always the coaches choice to review. If its under 2 minutes, which the last td was, it is a booth review.

And also, its BS that you can't review if there was interference or not, just if the TD stands. Harvin was clearly pushed before he caught the ball which made him land out of bounds. And I still HATE the rule about whats a TD and whats not. You can fly through the air from the 5 yard line and have only the BALL go over a pylon in the endzone and thats immediately a TD, but when you catch a ball in the endzone you have to have control to the ground and back up? When you catch the ball, the ball is across the plane of the endzone, TD, period. And, by the way, that catch was legal, and there is already an NFL rule about it, the refs got that wrong. Same with having to have 2 feet down in the endzone like the catch at the end. Why is that the case? As long as the ball is in the endzone when the catch is made, why does the receiver have to be in it? They don't when they leap from the 5 yard line, so why in the endzone is it different?

Someone please explain this to me, not only talking about the game last night, just football in general.

you're bringing up two diff. scenarios here.

1) WR catches ball (2 feet down) at 10 yard line. Dives from 3 yd. line and hits pylon w/ ball. That is a TD b/c he had possession.

2) WR in endzone, jumps for ball. The WR has to get possession of ball (2 feet in bounds) to gain possession of ball which is required for a TD.

The diff. is that in 1 the WR already has poss. of the ball. In 2 he still needs to gain the poss. of the ball. And don't forget the NFL got ride of the "push out" rule a few years ago.

Russ Jerome
10-25-2010, 11:50 AM

MN was ahead and was in the red zone as I posted :)
MN should have flagged the play...almost as much as benching Favre!

05caddyext
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
The push out rule only applied when the receiver was in the air WITH THE BALL. The rule wouldn't have applied either way because he didn't have the ball yet, he was interfered with before he caught it. That isn't the pushout rule, its interference.

animal
10-25-2010, 12:15 PM
The push out rule only applied when the receiver was in the air WITH THE BALL. The rule wouldn't have applied either way because he didn't have the ball yet, he was interfered with before he caught it. That isn't the pushout rule, its interference.

LOL

This discussion is humorous. Whatever happened last night, neither team got as hosed as detroit did in week 1.

:popcorn

Lash
10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL

This discussion is humorous. Whatever happened last night, neither team got as hosed as detroit did in week 1.

:popcorn

That was a hosing for the record books.