PDA

View Full Version : WSRA Newsletter article where I mention BCM

lordairgtar
10-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Weske Benefit
On a beautiful Sunday in October, the WSRA along with the Geirach's held a benefit for the Weske family to help allay some of their rising medical bills due to breast cancer treatment. Well over 300 cars showed up and saw some cars I had never seen before. Well over $6000 was raised for the family to help them. During the day, a car show was held on the grounds of the Richfield Chalet. A sausage feast was prepared for those who were hungry and by the looks of things, many did not go without. I certainly enjoyed those two Italian sausages i had...yummy! Much appreciation to the members who manned the food table. Awesome door prizes and raffle items were given by members of the club and the various businesses who got involved. I tried to win the really cool Job Site Milwaukee Tool radio/CD player boom box thingy, but alas, I did not.
It was a long day for me as I provided the musical portion with my DJ equipment. I had a lot of fun doing this during the day and at night playing indoors on stage for the dance, which really hadn't attracted many dancers but the kids seemed to enjoy running up onto the stag and jumping off it. Also, during the day, with the blessings of the property owners, attendees were able to exercise their car's muscles by trying out the burn out pit. Seems there was a lot of smoky good times as the magical aroma of tortured tires wafted through the air. Even Capt. Bob & Arlo from Wisconsin Hot Rod radio stopped by and gave a little talk about Trans 123.
Much thanks to those who provided the venue, the food and the Geirach's especially, and the many WSRA members. Here are some of the folks and businesses who helped out.
Donges Bay Club House, Frenz Garden Center, Herbst Oil, Aaron & Carol Solsrud (Jewelry), Ale House, Bark River Kids, Bayside Garden Center, Hauser Electric, Hoffer's Tropical Life, Carol & Bill Kamin, La Chimenea, Matco Tools, Neu's Supply, Nichol's Tree Service, Thermoset, 3rd Ward Chiropractic, Village BP, Micheal Geirach, Worzella Photography, Lisa Neske for event photos. Some of the car clubs present were of course the WSRA, Kirkhayn Cruisers, Brew City Muscle Car Club, Boondockers, and Rods & Relics. A very big thank you to the Mequon/Theinsville Lions Club for their kind contribution. Also thanks to the JMG Wholesale Meats people for donating the sausages.

Scale Side
To those who like the small scale rods, the founder of Model Empire, Gerry Geiger, has passed away. I know many who were involved in the car hobby probably started out with model cars. Model Empire has and still continues to provide hours of hobby fun and relaxation. Our condolences to the Geiger family and the many customers of the store.

Politics
Back door politics
Sources state that, the Senate Transportation Committee members voted by ballot to send Ch. Trans 123, back to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for revisions.
Supposedly, the Chairman of the Committee met with Department officials and they agreed that the rule would not be resubmitted, but rather would be dealt with this January during the next legislative session.
Unfortunately, at this point in the legislative process, the DOT or the Transportation Committee are not required to have any additional public hearings on Ch. Trans 123.
In January, Ch. Trans 123 can be resubmitted to the Trans Committee, approved by the Committee and become an Administrative Rule without any further public hearings.
Here is how you can help.
THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR FOR OUR STATE LEGISLATORS !!!!!!
To continue our opposition to Ch. Trans, we must send letters, emails and make phone calls to the newly elected legislators, as soon as they are elected.
I will expect DOT to resubmit Ch. Trans 123 as soon as the new legislature convenes. DOT would be hoping that, the new legislators would be unaware of the opposition to Ch, Trans 123 and approve Ch. Trans 123.
VOTE IN NOVEMBER AND INFORM YOUR NEW LEGISLATOR THAT YOU OPPOSE CH. TRANS. 123.