PDA

View Full Version : Antlers

michelle
10-24-2010, 09:20 AM
I know, this is weird coming from me of all people, but I am looking for a source for deer antlers. Apparently they make excellent chew toys for the dogs with better benefits over traditional bones (no odor, splinters, etc.).

I figured the hunters in here might know.

Thank you.

That_Guy
10-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Find a local elk farm. I know there is one right down the road from me in erin. There is also another one in lomira

pOrk
10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
I will be selling these by spring time if it can wait, I am buying in bulk from a few local deer farms but I won't have product till shedding season ( spring time ). Will be selling for the same reason you are looking for them, these are super hot with people spending more on their pets then ever before :)

michelle
10-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I will be selling these by spring time if it can wait, I am buying in bulk from a few local deer farms but I won't have product till shedding season ( spring time ). Will be selling for the same reason you are looking for them, these are super hot with people spending more on their pets then ever before :)

What do you think, price-wise?

pOrk
10-24-2010, 12:51 PM
BCM people will get hooked up, It will be far less then you can get them at the pet stores thats for sure. At Central Bark they sell them for close to $60/lb, I am thinking closer to $8/lb

michelle
10-24-2010, 03:14 PM
BCM people will get hooked up, It will be far less then you can get them at the pet stores thats for sure. At Central Bark they sell them for close to $60/lb, I am thinking closer to $8/lb

I will be stopping over as soon as you have a supply! Have you tried them with your dog yet? I thought you mentioned he is quite the chewer.

pOrk
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Levin goes nuts over them, has one has has been working on for months that is holding up great. Pretty smoothed over now, but still chews on it constantly.

URLOZIN
10-26-2010, 08:57 AM
My parents had a deer farm and we gave their dog a small antler and it lasted longer than anything he has ever chewed.. It was just a small dog though..

flyin_blue_egg
10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Let me know when you get a supply in as well. I've got an 8 m/o springer/lab mix and she chews threw everything. Thankfully it's just her toys and not shoes etc., but buying toys all the time is getting pricey.

pOrk
10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Let me know when you get a supply in as well. I've got an 8 m/o springer/lab mix and she chews threw everything. Thankfully it's just her toys and not shoes etc., but buying toys all the time is getting pricey.

Look up goughnuts brand dog toys, guarenteeeeeeed for life. I have the black pill chew and my dog trashes everything but this. Also try the super soft 94 cent squeeky toys from like walmart, if they make noise my dog is super careful with them and they seem to last forever.

Rocket Power
10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Also try the super soft 94 cent squeeky toys from like walmart, if they make noise my dog is super careful with them and they seem to last forever.

One of ours is just the opposite, if it makes noise it tears it up til it finds and pops the squeaker:rolf

flyin_blue_egg
10-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Look up goughnuts brand dog toys, guarenteeeeeeed for life. I have the black pill chew and my dog trashes everything but this. Also try the super soft 94 cent squeeky toys from like walmart, if they make noise my dog is super careful with them and they seem to last forever.

My dog is the opposite when it comes to toys that make noise. If it does anything she's all over it.