PDA

View Full Version : What happened to The Stone Sword...

wheelsofsteel
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
There was a resturant/bar that was open for a few weeks on Layton Ave between 7th and 10th Street. For the past 2 weeks or better it's been pitch black there everytime I drive by regardless of the time of day it is. And not the sword looking sign with the scrolling specials is gone from the front of the place.

Voodoo Chick
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
It was closed permanently due to a MASSIVE theft by one of it's own employees. ENTIRE computer system, and something like $60,000.

jbiscuit
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Wow!!!

British_Ben
10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Damn.... I heard they had good tacos -> http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47690

DoubleAron
10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Hate to say it Brad but that place sounds like a gay bar.

Feature Pony
10-18-2010, 03:12 PM
It was closed permanently due to a MASSIVE theft by one of it's own employees. ENTIRE computer system, and something like $60,000.

Dang, don't they have insurance for that?? Oh well another crap hole will open there and close, it must be the Sizzler curse?:rolf

wheelsofsteel
10-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Hate to say it Brad but that place sounds like a gay bar.

Now it all makes sense on why Scottie always wanted me to meet him there.

wheelsofsteel
10-18-2010, 03:36 PM

Dang, that isn't cool at all. I just assumed that cursed building has taken another resturant for a ride. That building should be demolished and something else built there.

So what happened to the sign, the crooks lift that too?????

Flicktitty
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow, that sucks!

TheRX7Project
10-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Damn that sucks, their fillet mignon was off the chain too! It's funny though, while we were there we joked that "we should eat here while we can..."

Car Guy
10-18-2010, 05:41 PM
I knew this place would not last for one reason or another......:(

lordairgtar
10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I thought the food was pretty good there. I had a cheese burger of some kind which was not dry and was plenty tasty. Sorry this happened. The guy that ran the car shows seemed pretty cool.

awsomeears
10-18-2010, 06:22 PM
" Sizzler Curse "

hotshift13
10-19-2010, 12:34 AM
I know the owners, there was a lot of BS going on, Simple fact, the place wasn't making money, they had no more money to put into it to make it better. I guess the people that worked there wern't getting paid, you can look on the face book page. There was no "robbery" just a dumb ass owner trying to cover their ass to look good. The sign went back to the sign guy.... but the food was good!!!

spooln30
10-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Funny thing. I used to work at Sizzlers when I was 16. Working there was very similar to that movie "Waiting" Good times, especially one night closing with a very cute waitress in the woman's bathroom. LOL! I also remember when this cook would kinda joke around about robbing the night manager for the days take. Cuz the manager would take the cash to First Star after we closed. Months later I found out he did rob him. Dumb ass got caught. Serves him right.

Voodoo Chick
10-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I know the owners, there was a lot of BS going on, Simple fact, the place wasn't making money, they had no more money to put into it to make it better. I guess the people that worked there wern't getting paid, you can look on the face book page. There was no "robbery" just a dumb ass owner trying to cover their ass to look good. The sign went back to the sign guy.... but the food was good!!!

Why did they post on Facebook about the robbery, though?? That was like 1-2 weeks back....did they say they were robbed to try to not look stupid?????

hotshift13
10-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Yes, trying not to look stoopid!! The "owner" walked away from the whole thing after someone she liked got fired. The "Investor" saw that the place wasnt making money, so everything was taken, at the same time the "owner" came back with the owner of the building and tried to seize everything, but they were too late, so she the "owner" claimed that someone broke in and stole everything.

You guys can go to their facebook page and read a lil bit about whats going on. She claims that my truck was seen at the resterant after I quit working for the "investors" other company.

GHOSST
10-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Damn, that sounds news worthy! Right up the alley of ol Miltown, lol.

DirtyMax
10-19-2010, 08:53 PM
The rent on that building is silly....in the $9K range plus utilities. The places that usually occupy that space aren't those kind of places. The owner of that place must paint a real good picture to prospective tenants.

GHOSST
10-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Some chain will eventually grab it. Especially one without money issues.

hotshift13
10-20-2010, 11:01 PM
$8.ooo per month for the place, electric and gas was like 9.000 a month...