PDA

View Full Version : BW3s bans guns!

LIL EVO
10-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Really? Since you cant carry where alcohol is served anyway, why bother with a sign? Is this policy across the country at bw3s?

Www.lilevo.com/miscpic/IMAG0328.jpg

fivonut
10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
They want to advertise opportunity for the criminals.

Rocket Power
10-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I want to see them say that to someone robbing the place. " Sorry sir we don't allow guns here, you'll have to leave.":rolf

Silver350
10-17-2010, 02:01 PM
That or a Police officer that walks in for lunch. I am sorry sir you must secure that weapon in your car.

Z28Envy
10-17-2010, 02:05 PM
When I lived in MN back when CC passed almost every business put up these signs. Police officers were exempt from it when on duty but had to abide by it when off duty if they were carrying.

pOrk
10-17-2010, 03:49 PM
When I lived in MN back when CC passed almost every business put up these signs. Police officers were exempt from it when on duty but had to abide by it when off duty if they were carrying.

Lol, I don't know a single cop that doesn"t carry their gun 24/7

lordairgtar
10-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Some departments require them to carry, even when off duty.

70 cutlass 442
10-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Some departments require them to carry, even when off duty.

what he said...

05caddyext
10-18-2010, 09:08 AM
The part about some departments requiring them to be carried when off duty is null/void because its a RULE. The LAW says that any business is allowed to put up signs saying they don't allow them in their operation. So the fact that the officer has to carry his weapon for his job, doesn't trump the business's RIGHT to tell them they can't.

Cryptic
10-18-2010, 09:42 AM
I doubt any business is going to kick out a uniformed police officer, because he has a side arm.

Rocket Power
10-18-2010, 12:45 PM
I doubt any business is going to kick out a uniformed police officer, because he has a side arm.

This^
Good luck getting a cop to leave his gun in the car while there for something police related, or lunch for that matter.

05caddyext
10-18-2010, 01:05 PM
The response was for off duty officers not uniformed officers.

Yooformula
10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
in the restaurant business, what happened to the guys at Culver's became a hot topic for corporations and bw3 made a corp decision to clearly post that they dont want to have the guns on premise. some states allow it and others dont so as a nationwide corp policy, they post the signs in all stores to avoid the issue all together especially since in the end, they reserve the right to deny service. similar to going into a restaurant shirtless or with flip flops or being unruly, sure its legal but restaurants that dont want that in their establishment refuse them. no restaurant would deny a cop service for carrying his sidearm and to be honest, MOST restaurant know their officers personally and wouldnt refuse them if they carried and were off duty. Cops, whether in uniform or out of, present a sense of security to the establishment and are NEVER shunned.

WI_Dave
10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Most OFF DUTY cops conceal carry, which the rest of us cannot do. So it would be unlikely anyone would know they were carrying anyway, but I would imagine if they showed a badge the owners would be okay with it. I respect the fact that the company requests it not be done there, it is their right just as open carrying is our right. As stated above you could not open carry there anyhow due to them serving alcohol.

kornholio788
10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Its a business. They have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose for any reason they choose. Don't like it, don't go there.

Silver350
10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Yoo. I thought I saw BW3 on Hwy 100 in stallis with the sign up in summer time before the culver's thing took place.

fivonut
10-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Its a business. They have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose for any reason they choose. Don't like it, don't go there.

They also have the right to be robbed by criminals who don't give a rats ass about signs. I couldn't care less if they don't want me to carry a side arm in their store, as you said it's their right. When the neighborhood punk desperate for cash to get his next fix decides to walk in and rob the joint at gun point I'll gladly stand by and do nothing. Hell, I'll even keep my mouth shut when the cops are asking for witnesses!! After all, it's my right!!!

jamestown478
10-18-2010, 10:29 PM
The part about some departments requiring them to be carried when off duty is null/void because its a RULE. The LAW says that any business is allowed to put up signs saying they don't allow them in their operation. So the fact that the officer has to carry his weapon for his job, doesn't trump the business's RIGHT to tell them they can't.

as long as your not acting like an idiot and flashing it around no one will know you are caring your off duty gun

kornholio788
10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
They also have the right to be robbed by criminals who don't give a rats ass about signs. I couldn't care less if they don't want me to carry a side arm in their store, as you said it's their right. When the neighborhood punk desperate for cash to get his next fix decides to walk in and rob the joint at gun point I'll gladly stand by and do nothing. Hell, I'll even keep my mouth shut when the cops are asking for witnesses!! After all, it's my right!!!

Yes. Because now people are going to rob BW3s like crazy. Nothing will change. Gas stations will still get robbed wayyy more. Just being over dramatic about the whole thing.

You can't honestly say that if you were a robber. And you happened to go to bdubs and you saw that sign you would think to yourself and you looked at the probably 100 or so would be witnesses, "Gee this is a baller place to rob no one has a gun! That host has probably like 50 bucks in her drawer! Also with all the high doller security systems compared to the gas station down the street that only has 1 witness, probably only a couple cameras, and has WAY more money.

Like I said. Just being over dramatic. You can't take your gun in there to begin with due to it serving alcohol. So why the fuck does it matter? That is like them putting a sign up saying they serve food. NO SHIT WE ALREADY KNEW THIS!

Now I am ALL for people owning/carrying guns. So it isn't like I am a gun hater. But what is the point of getting rediculou about posting a sign that says something that you ALREADY couldn't legally do in the first place?

And for the whole cop thing. If you seriously think they are going to turn away a police officer for having his state issued side arm on him you are seriously retarded. And should have YOUR gun taken from you for being that dumb in thinking that.

VroomPshhTsi
10-18-2010, 11:28 PM
^^^ x1,000,000,000

Yooformula
10-19-2010, 01:31 AM

Dude, really? so not having the signs would deter criminals? i dont understand your post. From my experience, I would rather you DIDNT whip out your gun while being robbed, there is less likely of a gun shoot out by just staying calm, giving them money covered by insurance and remembering as much info as I could.I have been robbed at gun point twice at 2 different bw3 in the 8 years I worked there way before teh signs were put up and each time it was a nervous skittish mofo that would have fired if he was threatened by anotehr gun.

fivonut
10-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Dude, really? so not having the signs would deter criminals? i dont understand your post. From my experience, I would rather you DIDNT whip out your gun while being robbed, there is less likely of a gun shoot out by just staying calm, giving them money covered by insurance and remembering as much info as I could.I have been robbed at gun point twice at 2 different bw3 in the 8 years I worked there way before teh signs were put up and each time it was a nervous skittish mofo that would have fired if he was threatened by anotehr gun.

It's been proven time and time again that when the criminals know that private citizens are allowed to be armed, violent crime rates drop, sometimes drastically.

Look at the situation from a crooks point of view. If you know there's a possibility that someone in BW3 could be armed, are you more or less likely to attempt a robbery?? I'll give you a hint, believe it or not, crooks like an easy target...

Now, take into account the fact that BW3 is now publicly advertising that there will be NO GUNS what so ever in their restuarants. Are you more or less likely to attempt a robbery?? Recall the previous hint...

Also consider who is most likely to abide by the posting in the window. An armed law abiding citizen or an armed criminal. Another hint, criminals, by definition, don't give a rats ass about laws or signs...

fivonut
10-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes. Because now people are going to rob BW3s like crazy. Nothing will change. Gas stations will still get robbed wayyy more. Just being over dramatic about the whole thing.

You can't honestly say that if you were a robber. And you happened to go to bdubs and you saw that sign you would think to yourself and you looked at the probably 100 or so would be witnesses, "Gee this is a baller place to rob no one has a gun! That host has probably like 50 bucks in her drawer! Also with all the high doller security systems compared to the gas station down the street that only has 1 witness, probably only a couple cameras, and has WAY more money.

Like I said. Just being over dramatic. You can't take your gun in there to begin with due to it serving alcohol. So why the fuck does it matter? That is like them putting a sign up saying they serve food. NO SHIT WE ALREADY KNEW THIS!

Now I am ALL for people owning/carrying guns. So it isn't like I am a gun hater. But what is the point of getting rediculou about posting a sign that says something that you ALREADY couldn't legally do in the first place?

And for the whole cop thing. If you seriously think they are going to turn away a police officer for having his state issued side arm on him you are seriously retarded. And should have YOUR gun taken from you for being that dumb in thinking that.

I install and service security systems for a living and I have installed in bars and gas stations as well as multi million dollar corporations. I can honestly say you got it turned around. You'd be surprised how intricate a gas stations system can get. A lot more than most bars I've put systems in. But that's besides the point....

You and Yoo are taking this a lil too seriously. What I said was VERY sarcastic (sorry it didn't seep through). Like you said, it's already illegal. In that case, why even post the sign!?!?! I know what my legal rights are as far as carrying goes and I abide by them. Every body I know who regularly carries a firearm also knows that they'd be up shit creek if they wandered into a place that serves alcohol armed. So, what fuckin sense does it make to post the sign!?!? None what so ever. Which is why I think it's a ridiculous effort on BW's part, which I why I made ridiculous comments about it.

Now, bend over, put your head between your legs, grasp that stick tightly and yank!!!!

Yooformula
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Which is why I think it's a ridiculous effort on BW's part, which I why I made ridiculous comments about it.

When its a CORPORATE mandate, they dont have a choice. Some states MIGHT allow it while others like ours do not. The signs are given out at the same time to EVERY store whether it affects them or not, from a corporate standpoint they are just covering their ass.