PDA

View Full Version : big game this saturday

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 09:47 AM
guys,

going to my first badger game this saturday, and it will be my first time in madison. we're going up early and i was wondering where to go (bar/restaurant) for lunch/early dinner. i know they have a quaker steak and lube, that's what we were thinking about. i'd prefer a big, public restaurant, as i will be dressed in my ohio state gear, and i'd really like not getting spit on, or having someone throw piss-filled water baloons at me. and i would think this would be a high probability at any small campus bar. any ideas?? should be a good game either way

kirk

Prince Valiant
10-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I'd just dress respectably and eat at state street brats...have fun!

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
i've got an aj hawk jersey from his days at osu. my wife will be wearing an osu shirt. as much as i love living in wisconsin so far, and have become a packer fan, we're absolute die-hard buckeye fans.

nismodave
10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
we're absolute die-hard buckeye fans.

I can confirm that. LOL :thumbsup

HITMAN
10-15-2010, 12:03 PM
as much as i love living in wisconsin so far, and have become a packer fan, we're absolute die-hard buckeye fans.

Then you are in for a disappointing evening... ;)

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Then you are in for a dissapointing evening... ;)

we'll see. my wife is the absolute die-hard fan, as she went there for undergrad. i went there for grad school and you just don't get the same experience as a grad student. should be good weather, and prior should be fully recovered from his quad injury. look out.

JC70SS
10-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Buckeyes=GAY

Either way Brett Bielema is as shitty as Ken Macha. The badgers are going to get their asses kicked, sold my tix for big$$

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Buckeyes=GAY

buckeye fans are some of the most hated fans in sports, and above is proof. not sure what you mean by buckeyes=gay. are you talking about the fans? the players? jim tressel?? (at which point i might agree). nothing wrong with supporting a school which you attended. i still went to the games when they were absolutely horrible--and i mean horrible (1999-2001). my last year there they won the nat'l championship

JC70SS
10-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Well let's just say a lot of their fans are slightly arrogant. I have close friends that went their. "Thee" Ohio sate is just annoying, their is nothing that special about OSU. When I think of great schools I think of great academics. I would have to say Notre Dame fans art a bit high on their horses too.

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Well let's just say a lot of their fans are slightly arrogant. I have close friends that went their. "Thee" Ohio sate is just annoying, their [THERE] is nothing that special about OSU. When I think of great schools I think of great academics. I would have to say Notre Dame fans art a bit high on their horses too.

fixed it for you. :thumbsup

you could say that about any school, or any school's fans. i will honestly stack my education up against any public school out there---period. my experience at osu was not undergrad though. i got the medical residency of my choice in an extremely competitive field. when i think of great schools i think of not only academics, but the whole experience of college---its more than just academics that makes a successful person. ohio state provides the whole college experience---from academics, to research, to sports, to greek life, to great job/coop opportunities, all professional/graduate level schools, etc.

Prince Valiant
10-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Someone isn't in the office today...i think this is a single day record for you, lol.

JC70SS
10-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Ohio State SUCKeyes= OVER-RATED:alcoholic

Gregor
10-16-2010, 11:19 PM
good game to go to.

HITMAN
10-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Like I said:
Then you are in for a disappointing evening... ;)

Oh, that had to hurt, huh? #1 gets the high, hard one from #18.

The Badgers are for real and stopping Clay has to be a bit like trying to stop a cement truck from 60mph with your car. It can be done, but it's going to be a punishing experience... ;)

Got to admit though, OSU's Dane Sanzenbacher is no joke. He made a couple of great catches and was my only source of real irritation the whole evening.

flyin_blue_egg
10-17-2010, 12:17 AM
And they LOST!!!! How bout that. #1 goes down two weeks in a row. I was hoping UW would win but to be honest didn't think they had the weapons on offence to keep up. Guess OSU didn't have the weapons on offence to keep up

VroomPshhTsi
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Buckeyes=GAY

Either way Brett Bielema is as shitty as Ken Macha. The badgers are going to get their asses kicked, sold my tix for big$$

Still glad you sold your tickets? :goof
Nice prediction. I thought it would be close and could have gone either way.

Ohio State has lost their last 3 games when ranked #1. That's pretty much the definition of choking.

VroomPshhTsi
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
fixed it for you. :thumbsup

you could say that about any school, or any school's fans. i will honestly stack my education up against any public school out there---period. my experience at osu was not undergrad though. i got the medical residency of my choice in an extremely competitive field. when i think of great schools i think of not only academics, but the whole experience of college---its more than just academics that makes a successful person. ohio state provides the whole college experience---from academics, to research, to sports, to greek life, to great job/coop opportunities, all professional/graduate level schools, etc.

You actually sound like one of the few non-arrogant OSU fans. I'm on a college football board and the OSU fans there are terrible. They have the "Holier than thou" feeling in everything they say.

kirks5oh
10-17-2010, 03:51 PM
i'll take my lickings like a man. yeah, osu got dominated the whole game, no excuses. fans for the most part were pretty well-mannered---its a hard pill to swallow.