PDA

View Full Version : children's hospital code 7

easytoremember
10-15-2010, 09:01 AM
At children's hospital today. They announced a 'code 7' some people ran around looked in most of the rooms, then they called it off...

Who knows what a code 7 is at children's hospital

Deggy
10-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Missing patient?

Prince Valiant
10-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Not really sure...I know code 4 is cardiac emergency, commonly referred to code blue.

Most hospitals use a color code...code black for imminent weather, code gray for possible weather in the area, code pink for baby abduction, etc.

But the fact of the matter is is that most hospital codes are not universal. Most I know of have gone on to colors, but obviously many still use numbers. Same colors mean different things in different hospitals.

My guess based on what you're saying is it was possible abduction/lost child...as a bomb code, hazardous material, or weather would have resulted in very different scenarios to you...whereas with a missing child, no one is evacuated. It was probably a "I lost my child..." to which they were quickly found.

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 09:50 AM
every hospital has different codes for different situations. either way, you don't have to worry about it. could be anything from a missing patient, to an unruly patient/visitor. anything that would involve you, there would be more information given over the p.a. to instruct visitors to evacuate/etc.

BoosTT
10-15-2010, 10:42 AM
It is/was a missing/lost person.

Korndogg
10-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Ill just texted my fiance. She works at Froedtert and she had to do rotations through children's when she was in school.

EDIT: She thinks a code 7 is like a code blue in some other hospitals which is when someone is crashing and they need help asap. She cant remember exactly because she hasn't been there in a while. A code pink apparently for a missing child.

theavenger333
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
code pink is missing BABY. code blue is missing child.

Korndogg
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
ok that works too. Like I said she couldn't remember exactly.

But is a code 7 like a code blue in some other hospitals?

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 12:55 PM
and at my hospital a code 'adam' is a missing child/infant, code grey is a person with a weapon, a 10-0-6 is an unruly patient visitor, and a code 'brown'---well, you don't want to be responding to a code brown. traditionally a code 'blue' is a patient who's having a cardiac arrest

like i said, its been different at every hospital i've worked at.

Korndogg
10-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to find my fiances code card from children's. Can't seem to find it though.

kirks5oh
10-15-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm trying to find my fiances code card from children's. Can't seem to find it though.

really not a big deal---its not newsworthy. i can guarantee it was either a cardiac arrest/unresponsive patient, or a missing patient. more than likely an unresponsive patient, seeing as how that's the thing that would get a nurse to move that quickly. happens several times a day at large, inner city hospitals.

Prince Valiant
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
The hospital system I work in is:

code blue: cardiac emergency
code black: tornado/severe weather in the immediate area
code grey: Severe weather/tornado warnings
code orange: hazardous material
code pink: missing baby-there is a different color for a missing child since they require different search methods.

there is also code green which I believe is unruly person/patient, another color designates general disaster meaning a high influx of patients coming in...

and so many others it's hard to recall...fortunately I'm rarely in the hospitals.

Korndogg
10-15-2010, 01:06 PM
really not a big deal---its not newsworthy. i can guarantee it was either a cardiac arrest/unresponsive patient, or a missing patient. more than likely an unresponsive patient, seeing as how that's the thing that would get a nurse to move that quickly. happens several times a day at large, inner city hospitals.

Yeah it just had me wondering, thats all haha. I can't find her badge anyway though. She seems to think a code 7 is most likely cardiac like you said though. I can't even find my children's code badge. When I helped build the new bed tower we had badges and they gave us code badges also so we knew the numbers for stuff.

PonyKiller87
10-15-2010, 01:06 PM
At Childrens Code 7 is just like a code blue or code 4 somewhere else.

My work does all of thier MEP engineering work, which includes nurse call systems.

Usually the code 7. Depending where it happens will determine the response. If the button is pressed in a patient room the nurse call system tells them what room to respond to. If someone goes down in a hallway or something it can be activated at a nurse station or I think through a phone, either way then there is usualy instructions so that the staff responding knows where to go.

The missing baby / kid stuff is a completely seperate system and has different alerts

Korndogg
10-15-2010, 01:08 PM
At Childrens Code 7 is just like a code blue or code 4 somewhere else.

Wow....so she was right about something for once... :rolf

Karps TA
10-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Do they have a code red where they beat a kid with a sock filled with soap?