PDA

View Full Version : Lowrider culture in Japan.

lordairgtar
10-10-2010, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH831OB7eTY
Pretty cool considering.

awsomeears
10-10-2010, 12:56 AM
That's gotta be the coolest thing Ive seen in awhile.....

Good for them !

TheRX7Project
10-10-2010, 10:57 AM
That was pretty sweet! That white '64 had some wicked hydraulics.

nismodave
10-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Very Cool. Wish they would of showed more of the 71/72 Chevelle.

Dasred
10-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Makes me miss Yoshinoya so much!

Yooformula
10-10-2010, 01:49 PM
meh so they've moved on from fast and furious over to latino gang bangers now? japanese wannabe pimps just look silly to me for some reason.lol

04_GTO_Jimbo
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I thought it was cool to see, but sadly for every Japanese lowrider in Japan, there is 837,591 Riced out Hondas in the states. I will gladly trade em back, both in cars and the drivers.

jbiscuit
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
The Japanese love American cars. The customs and traditional hot rod culture over there is booming. Japan in general has a huge car enthusiast population. There is a huge customs and hot rods show put on by Mooneyes Japan in Yokohama, Japan and coverage of the show can be found over on the HAMB if interested. Cool video and killer cars!!

SmokinRAM114
10-10-2010, 09:58 PM
i felt like i was watching a live version of san andreas.

Feature Pony
10-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Over in Japan the muscle car market is booming, when my dad was over there with the military 5 years ago he said he had a flash back of the 70's. Chargers, challengers, cudas, chevelles, novas, camaros, mustangs all had Cragar S/S, air shocks jacked up, white painted rear ends, traction bars with blue lights on them, tunnel rams and metal flake paint, lots of metal flake paint.

jbiscuit
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
^ That has to be badass to see!

lilws6
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
damn no wonder a poor white boy in the states can't find a decent old car. there all being over nighted to japan. don't get me wrong i would by no means pass up an r34 skyline but i wouldn't mine that early 70's chevelle they got over there either :)

jbiscuit
10-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Found this over on the HAMB.....website for the Local Hero car club in Nagoya, Japan. Killer customs and hot rods!!!

http://www.local-style.org/home

2006wrxtr
10-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I lived in LA in the Mid 90's and worked for SuperShops.
You would be saddend by the # of Americam Muscle cars being put in containers and shipped to Japan.

I lived on Crenshaw and Manchester in Inglewood. There would be O.G.'s
" Oriental Gansters " Buy Bubble Top Impala lowriders from Crypts and Blood. Briefcases full of cash and no violence. Some crazy times.

I had people come into SS and spend $K's in 10's and 5's.

Had alot of fun back then. I was glad the windows in my Apt were set high and the building was brick.. Bullit Proof..

jbiscuit
10-16-2010, 06:00 PM
there has been a lot of discussion on the HAMB and other sites recently that Japan is quickly becoming the newest SoCal rich in car culture....which the Japanese have to have more money and more patience in dealing with the regulations in place over there and the rarity of parts. So those deep in the custom and hot rod culture have to have money to play. The Mooneyes show over there is attended by a lot of Cali hot rod builders etc because the market is booming over there for custom built hot rods. Asia in general has a lot of coin to buy toys with. My boss got pics of GT-Rs, Saleen Mustangs and first gen Camaros on the streets of Beijing on a recent trip. Can only imagine what cars lurk in Japan if there is that much cool shit in China!!

GHOSST
10-16-2010, 06:49 PM
That was cool. Not half assed, or ridiculously done. On the other hand, when they look at our wannabe ricers with moms honda or a used broke down hyundai with an exhaust, I bet they laugh and or bow thier heads in shame.