PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Shop Recomendations

SilverHorse
10-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't know a thing about any shops in the Milwaukee (West Bend) area. Any recomendations for black and grey?

Voodoo Chick
10-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Monsters Ink on 51st and Howard Ave........They are the best. Timmy, one of the artists, does FANTASTIC black and grey.

TheRX7Project
10-09-2010, 12:38 AM
The place on 27th and Oklahoma-ish (forgot the name) did a great job on my arm and my ex wife's back.

BR3W CITY
10-09-2010, 12:43 AM
John at Body Ritual in milwaukee. I have a ton of work done by him (almost exclusively does all of my current work)

I'll hold my color work he's done on my arm against most other local artists. I've also heard some good things about that Rockstar Tattoo place but it looks like ALOT of hype.

rx7project - i think the place your talking about is Zoes Viscous Circle

TheRX7Project
10-09-2010, 12:57 AM
^^ IDK it's across the street from Subway. It's been a couple years since my last ink.

DoubleAron
10-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Alter-Ego Tattooing & Body
(262) 626-4445
1235 Fond Du Lac Ave, Kewaskum, WI 53040

Right down the road from you, Renne is awesome!

-stew-
10-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Best tip I can give you on selecting a tattooist is to look at older work they have done IN PERSON. The photo albums on the counter will help you figure out the artists style, but the big test is time.

That said, I recommend Julio Avila at Solid State Tattoo in Milwaukee.
http://www.julioavila.com/main.htm
http://www.solidstatemilwaukee.com/index_2.htm

Daytonapacecar959
10-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Jim Francis at Rockstar on Hwy. 100

xxtremeteam
10-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Homeward Bound Tattoo Port washington an d now in westbend Adam or Jessie to do the work

03Seville
10-09-2010, 09:42 AM
HH Tattoo on 51st n lisbon.

Talk to Wayne... he's the only one Ill let do mine. Great with anything you could want, even his portraits are amazing.

Karps TA
10-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I just had my first done in August by Barry at Waukesha Tattoo Company and highly recommend them. Really nice clean shop. Barry took my half ass description of what I wanted and somehow nailed exactly what I was looking for.

Car Guy
10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
The place on 27th and Oklahoma-ish (forgot the name) did a great job on my arm and my ex wife's back.

rx7project - i think the place your talking about is Zoes Viscous Circle

Negative, Zoe's is on Howard and Howell Ave......:thumbsup

Red97GTP
10-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I know the owner of Rockstar tattoo, his name is Brock. He does awesome work. Look at Rockstars page on facebook for pics of his work.

Nix
10-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I just had my first done in August by Barry at Waukesha Tattoo Company and highly recommend them. Really nice clean shop. Barry took my half ass description of what I wanted and somehow nailed exactly what I was looking for.

Where is Waukesha Tattoo Company? Is it a newer shop? Was Barry previously employed by Black Dragon?

CPonyGo
10-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Brock at Rockstar didmine and my girlfriends daughter Kacie..actually ashely did it)

hrsp
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM
road trip to miami ink!! lol

badass88gt
10-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Last time I was down there I stopped in at 305 Ink, which is the real name of the shop that was on the Miami Ink show with Ami and Chris. Talk about a tiny little hole in the wall, that place was small! We saw Yoji and Darren but that's it, and now that shop is a gift store and Ami and Chris have a new shop down the road called Love/Hate Tattoo.

Karps TA
10-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Where is Waukesha Tattoo Company? Is it a newer shop? Was Barry previously employed by Black Dragon?

It's on Main St in Waukesha http://www.wix.com/koolfooltattoo/waukeshatattoo

Same Barry, apparently the owner of Black Dragon had died, and his wife was running the place into the ground. So Barry and 2 other artists there left and opened up their own shop. They just opened this spring I think. Really cool shop.

Nix
10-13-2010, 11:15 AM
It's on Main St in Waukesha http://www.wix.com/koolfooltattoo/waukeshatattoo

Same Barry, apparently the owner of Black Dragon had died, and his wife was running the place into the ground. So Barry and 2 other artists there left and opened up their own shop. They just opened this spring I think. Really cool shop.

I'm sorry I just realized you had responded to my questions.

I had caught wind of the owner passi g I guess it was cancer of some type and he went quick. He did my right arm an Barry had done all the other work I've had done over the years and he always did outstanding work.

I really appreciate the info Karp!