PDA

View Full Version : Best time to buy a bike.

03Seville
10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
ok obviously bikes are cheaper as the weather gets cooler... but when do they seem to actually hit rock bottom.

Ive been debating on getting a sport bike for while and then I was riding my friends R1 yesterday and now im positive I want something along those lines.

Seems to be a few good deals on craigslist right now, but Im sure the deals are going to get better... I just dont know when.

Any tips or suggestions I should be aware of when looking at used bikes?

MoCkiN U
10-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I was told feb/march when I was looking last. thinking of putting mine on the market this winter once I get some issues ironed out with it like I want and get something different.

Just chatting with pork about this today. He was good help with me looking for mine.

03Seville
10-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I was told feb/march when I was looking last. thinking of putting mine on the market this winter once I get some issues ironed out with it like I want and get something different.

Just chatting with pork about this today. He was good help with me looking for mine.

Good that will give me some time then, as Im obviously in no rush to get it since the riding season is coming to an end here soon.

Just out of curiosity how much are you looking to get for yours? Wouldn't mind getting one from someone on here, as probably alot less likely to get screwed lol.

MoCkiN U
10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I am not sure on that one. I have some things to tighten up cosmetically. The upper fairing bounces from the stay cracking on it and that bugs me. The headlight is cracked all over and want to replace that. Want to make sure its tuned properly with all paperwork and then feel I can get $3500 for it. Its a 98 suzuki 750.

I have had it only this year. I put 3850 miles on it in my ownership. Learned a lot on it and babied the bike. It has more potential than my experience will ever get out of it. Not looking to screw anyone either but do think with work I put into it to get it cleaned, graphics replaced, and looking nice again I can get more than what I paid for it.

03Seville
10-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Let me know when/if you decide to sell it, depending on the timing i may be interested.

pOrk
10-06-2010, 05:02 AM
To get the best price you want to buy before the snow flys, once bikes are in storage people are in less of a rush to unload them and once spring time rolls around everybody is looking to sell their bikes and replace with newer / faster / better.

BoosTT
10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
To get the best price you want to buy before the snow flys, once bikes are in storage people are in less of a rush to unload them and once spring time rolls around everybody is looking to sell their bikes and replace with newer / faster / better.

Exactly. IMO the best time to buy was about 3 weeks ago. Midnight madness at road track and trail is THE TIME!

SSLEVO
10-06-2010, 10:46 AM
I've got an r1 for you guys!!!

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48123

03Seville
10-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I've got an r1 for you guys!!!

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48123

:drool:I wish I could afford it.... lol

SSScottSS
10-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Best time to buy is slipping away quickly. I agree with Pork that once ppl have their bikes tucked away for the winter they are done till spring when the prices skyrocket through the roof.