PDA

View Full Version : Parts

Wannarace62188
07-15-2004, 11:51 AM
i got a 93 bird with the 5.0 in it. does ne1 know where to get parts for this thing i am talking like performance mods. i am tired of seein all mustang parts. let me know

Prince Valiant
07-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Things such as heads (the big key to gaining power with the 5.0) cams, uper and lower intakes, throttle bodies, injectors should all be a relatively simple bolt-on.

I don't know if they make headers (they should) for the t-birds with 5.0's, but even if they don't the fox body headers probably would fit with minor mods in either long tube or shorty form.

Cold air intakes are something that even if you couldn't find, you would be able to make yourself...

Gears...isn't it an IRS? don't know what to do for gears, I'd be suprised if ford didn't have a whole slew out there for it though...

as for the tranny, there are plenty of torque converters and shift kits that'll help you out there as well...i'd ask animal or stangman if they know anything, as they are most prominent ford guys on the boards...

scubastang
07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
I am not familiar with T-birds, but does it have a 302 "H.O", or ie the same motor as a mustang? Either way, I would first recommend gears, then shifter if stick, shift kit/valve body if auto tranny, then full exhaust (headers/xorh-pipe/catback).

Dependent on if its the HO, I will save suggestions for the motor.

good luck! :3gears:

Wannarace62188
07-15-2004, 01:40 PM
yes it is the HO and i believe it is the same engine as in the 94 mustang GT but not sure if that is right or not. If it is i will just buy mustang performance parts then! i dont know where i can figure this out at tho either if i am correct or not on this with the engine. Valiant i know about all that stuff its just a matter of trying to find a place where they sell it for my car. i got an exhaust on it already (flowmaster) but i couldnt find headers to put on right away tho when i got the exhaust work done.