PDA

View Full Version : Just went from Nintendo to xBox in a matter of 15 min's AKA New Phone * Incredible *

awsomeears
10-03-2010, 03:23 AM
I've had my 7 year old LG Flip phone also know as the STRONGEST phone in the world, I never needed to bring a charge up north for a 3 day visit because the battery would last 6.5 days unused and 5.5 days used :thumbsup

I now have the Verizon " Incredible " http://www.thetechupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/HTC-Incredible.jpg

This is my 1st Smart Phone and I just can't believe what the god dam phones can do, the camera has a 8 megapixel on it a speaking turn by turn GPS and also cooks in the AM...... :rolf

The coolest function for those late booze hound am mornings would be the double L.E.D. lights that you can use in Flashlight mode :thumbsup

Crawlin
10-03-2010, 07:36 AM
remember to bring your charger up north, hahahaha

cool phone!

Josepy
10-03-2010, 08:02 AM
I just switched from the motorola rocker to the new samsung fascinate. Pretty much the same move from nintendo to xbox. 5mp camera which is fine for me. 720p video. Led screen.

http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Samsung-Fascinate-verizon.jpg

fivonut
10-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Get the advanced task killer app. You'll find a ton of apps running in the background and will kill your full battery in a matter of hours!!

Rocket Power
10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Can't imagine what it would be like switching from that old of a phone. I couldn't believe how much of a difference it was between my old storm and my new X

03CVLX
10-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Nice phone, as said above. Do not go on a long trip without a charger. Battery life obviously varies with usage but as soon as you start using apps and texting the batteries go south very fast on these phones. There are days where mine is dead in 10 hrs.

Ricky Bobby
10-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Can't imagine what it would be like switching from that old of a phone. I couldn't believe how much of a difference it was between my old storm and my new X

x2 i did the same switch and i couldnt think of it i had gone from like my razor to the x :rolf

GTSLOW
10-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I just switched from the motorola rocker to the new samsung fascinate. Pretty much the same move from nintendo to xbox. 5mp camera which is fine for me. 720p video. Led screen.

http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Samsung-Fascinate-verizon.jpg

How do you like the screen? What's battery life like?

GHOSST
10-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I know I hate my motorolla smart phone, I thought my experience would be great like this, but my backflip motorolla phone sucks so much ass if I didn't need it I'd toss it right into the wall. To date, every motorolla phone I've ownd, have been pieces of shit! The SLVR, the V276, and now the backflip... I told myself I would never buy motorolla again, but I thought the smart phone version would be decent.. wrong!

Josepy
10-03-2010, 03:31 PM
How do you like the screen? What's battery life like?

Screen is awesome. Crystal clear. Even out in the sunlight. It self adjusts and i can see it perfectly in the sun. When i took the X outside I could not. Battery will go for well over a day.

lordairgtar
10-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Like going from driving an 83 Merc Wagon to owning a 2011 Lincoln or caddy.

tommyt5078
10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't even own a cell phone, put the cash in a ROTH and my 401K :headbang

jbiscuit
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Kinda like my iPhone that has to be charged daily or it's dead as shit by morning lol

GTSLOW
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Screen is awesome. Crystal clear. Even out in the sunlight. It self adjusts and i can see it perfectly in the sun. When i took the X outside I could not. Battery will go for well over a day.

Dam that's fuckin sweet on the auto adjust. One gripe on my D2 would be the screen quality. Although that may be part to do with my screen cover too. Glad to hear ya found one that you like. lol

lilws6
10-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Like going from driving an 83 Merc Wagon to owning a 2011 Lincoln or caddy.

i thought the 11 mercs were done? or is that 12 either way i'de take the caddy :) i hate my black berry thats all i have useful to add

03CVLX
10-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Mercury is dead in 11. Lincoln stays with supposedly a bunch of new models.

SSScottSS
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Get the advanced task killer app. You'll find a ton of apps running in the background and will kill your full battery in a matter of hours!!

I just got the HTC Desire, which I love almost as much as my wife :rolf , but I had an advanced app killer on it. I was reading up on these things on an Android forum and the tech geeks/wizards/junkies... whatever you want to call them, strongly recommend against them so I took mine off and the battery seems to last much longer without the task killer. I just took it off this morning though so it's not really a fair comparison yet.

SSScottSS
10-04-2010, 12:01 AM
I know I hate my motorolla smart phone, I thought my experience would be great like this, but my backflip motorolla phone sucks so much ass if I didn't need it I'd toss it right into the wall. To date, every motorolla phone I've ownd, have been pieces of shit! The SLVR, the V276, and now the backflip... I told myself I would never buy motorolla again, but I thought the smart phone version would be decent.. wrong!

I had a Razr and that phone was a tank!!! In fact me and my wife had them and my wife recently went back to hers and it still works great!!! Maybe we just got lucky?

FoxStang
10-04-2010, 10:39 AM

I have the AT&T version the captivate, like it way more than my old iphone.

Set up google voice so you can get visual voicemail would be my advice, very handy.

Rocket Power
10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I just got the HTC Desire, which I love almost as much as my wife :rolf , but I had an advanced app killer on it. I was reading up on these things on an Android forum and the tech geeks/wizards/junkies... whatever you want to call them, strongly recommend against them so I took mine off and the battery seems to last much longer without the task killer. I just took it off this morning though so it's not really a fair comparison yet.

I heard that too but haven't gotten rid of it yet. My X is at half battery and I took it off the charger about this time yesterday. Haven't been using it real hard, some surfing some texting.

Actually using it as a phone is at least down to number three on the list, I use it more for web, games and texting than phone calls.:rolf

Adamsy87
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Set up google voice so you can get visual voicemail would be my advice, very handy.

Google voice is a great concept but I haven't gotten a halfway accurate transcript yet from it.

BigSnailBuick
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Very cool:thumbsup AT&T didnt have that phone :( On a side note though I just went from a iphone to the new iphone 4. The HD pics and videos are INCREDIBLE...even the sound quality is unreal. Gotta love how advanced phones are getting!

FoxStang
10-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Google voice is a great concept but I haven't gotten a halfway accurate transcript yet from it.
This is too true, but generally its good enough to figure out what the message says.

SSScottSS
10-05-2010, 12:56 AM

do they look like this?

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Just had to for the fun of it :rolf