PDA

View Full Version : Very Sad.... Farewell Cheif.

GHOSST
10-02-2010, 10:32 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1526/2011-automotive-hot-list-the-departed/

We've known about this for sometime... but so very sad about pontiac..... :(

Voodoo Chick
10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
End of an era for sure.

2006wrxtr
10-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Always thought the Pontiac had Pizazz..
Don't know why they couldn't keep just
a small niche lineup.

Nix
10-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I've owned atleast 4-5 Pontiacs in my time and and I've throughly enjoyed each and everyone of them.

It really is sad...

chargedformula
10-03-2010, 06:53 AM
i didnt purposely try to do it, but all we currently own is pontiacs. 1996 firebird formula, 2004 grand prix gtp, and a 2000 sunfire. its a shame they are gone

GHOSST
10-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I've never personally owned one, but the brother brand has always been an icon. I mean, the story they share is nothing compared to Hummer and Saturn. And when I think about it, Saturns weren't that bad.. but kinda like the little cousin that can't play sports well..

Exitspeed
10-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I had a 99 GA GT that was a pile of shit and I vowed to never buy a GM product again. Fast forward to like 2004-ish and the Solstice is coming out and it's gorgeous and a damn fine first effort at fighting the Miata. The Solstice GXP Coupe is one of m favorite cars ever. Then the G8 GT and GXP are just freakin fabulous. GM across all their brands greatly improved their designs inside and out. Their interior designs are class leading in a lot of segments. Their quality over-all just made a complete 180.

Needless to say I became a fan. I was really bummed out that they decided to get rid fof the brand instead of keeping it as an actual sports brand that would have basically been made up of the Sostice, G8, and a Firebird would have been a no-brainer.

But I can't say I blame them. It was more then likely the right decision though.

IcePickFreak
10-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I've had quite a few Pontiac's as well, just by chance really. 84 Grand Prix, 97 Trans Am, 99 WS6, 2000 Grand Prix (only a GT), and obviously the current G8. Within 1-1/2 months of me buying the G8, my first brand new car, Pontiac's demise was announced and the dealer I bought from closed lol (Bob Tolkan Buick on 27th). I knew it was likely for Pontiac to get the ax, and I wouldn't of taken it to that dealer for warranty work anyway so no regrets. They make a ton of them in Australia so parts will be available, albeit expensive.

GHOSST
10-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm betting some Pontiacs will be worth some money in the future. Some Oldsmobiles with be worth some cash too.

lilws6
10-03-2010, 08:03 PM
i wanted a camaro for just abotu forever. but when i ran across my ws6 i had to have it theres one thing and one thing only i'll ever get rid of it for. well maybe two :)

GHOSST
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
i wanted a camaro for just abotu forever. but when i ran across my ws6 i had to have it theres one thing and one thing only i'll ever get rid of it for. well maybe two :)

What? What are they? I'd only get rid of my SS for a 2010 SS... but then I'd buy another 00-02 Camaro somewhere down the line, I know I would.

OxmanWI
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Sad

drrodder
10-07-2010, 07:19 AM
I'm betting some Pontiacs will be worth some money in the future. Some Oldsmobiles with be worth some cash too.

I got 3 1st gen aurora's, need one? I haven't seen any price increase there yet.
I like the older Olds adn Chiefs. Mid 60's and some mid 50's are ral sharp. Back in the 30's were a few real classics. At least these timeless ones will remain around.

GHOSST
10-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I meant in a few decades, haha

Larrygto
10-07-2010, 02:59 PM
They've brought the Camaro and Challenger back from the dead, I'm sure if they feel there's a market for them some of them may be back?
Wishful thinking I know :goof

Slow Joe
10-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Hate to say it to all four of the brands, but good bye and good riddance.

GHOSST
10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Hate to say it to all four of the brands, but good bye and good riddance.

Why so harsh? lol.

Slow Joe
10-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Why so harsh? lol.

My opinion has always been that Pontiac plugged up the GM line, and made it harder for people to decide what to get. Should I get an Equinox or a Torrent? Wait they're the same... Which one costs less? I also use to sell Pontiacs... :rolf

Saturns were decent cars, but they were mostly parts bin cars in their later years... What can we take from where?

Hummer... No comment.

And Mercury... In recent years has been a way to get the same Ford model with a different grill and more options.. Normally for less money.

They were all brands that were useless, and eating up funding that could have been put toward development of better, and different vehicles. Yes, some will be missed. Such as the G8, Solstice (Sky), and H1. But the rest were repetitive, and just another way to put an updated grill on a vehicle they already had in the line up.

Rocket Power
10-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Meh, I was done with GM when they axed Oldsmobile. Never was a Pontiac guy, they mostly, with a few exceptions, seemed like Chevys with bird beaks and red dash lights, and excessive body cladding:goof

Blackout
10-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Its very sad.... No more GTOs..... Grand Prix....

Slow Joe
10-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Its very sad.... No more GTOs..... Grand Prix....

Both of those models were phased out prior to the 2009 Model year.

Blackout
10-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Correct, but I'm just upset that there won't ever be any more. I think that is a phenomenal mistake.

FoxStang
10-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Correct, but I'm just upset that there won't ever be any more. I think that is a phenomenal mistake.
How is getting rid of something that has far too many parentheses on the income statement a phenomenal mistake? It's the most sound business decision that could be made...