PDA

View Full Version : The Social Network?

GHOSST
09-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Come on, I like facebook, but does this guy deserve a movie? I could care less how he became a billionaire. Tom doesn't have a movie, and he technically struck gold first. I wont' waste my money seeing this trash in theaters.

Anyone going to see this???? :confused:confused

British_Ben
09-29-2010, 10:06 PM
I won't go and see it, but I can tell you that I'm more interested in it than Facebook itself.

Prince Valiant
09-29-2010, 10:24 PM
The guy is weird...but weird enough to make a movie about? We'll see what the public thinks...I won't.

GHOSST
09-29-2010, 10:32 PM
I think its hella gay, I mean, Justin Timberlake is in it.

05caddyext
09-30-2010, 08:35 AM
This movie is going to hurt facebooks image if they aren't careful. They make it very clear that most of it is based on nothing but speculation about what happened behind closed doors. A few things to note. Everyone thinks Justin Timberlake is a poor choice? Are you serious? You know that teenage girls will go see the movie just to see him right? Lots and lots of teenage girls. The only smarter choice they could have made for an actor would have been Justin Beiber. They draw huge crowds and pay lots of money. The story of Facebook is intriguing, but I would want to see a documentary with facts, not fictional stories. And one more thing. He's not a billionaire yet.

BR3W CITY
09-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Honestly, as much as I don't like Justin Timberlake, he's not a terrible actor. He never worsened a movie, actually I thought he was good in Alpha Dog (if anyone else in the world saw that). This movie will suck, and "embellishing" only begins to describe the larger than life manner they describe this in. The story is interesting enough for a blog article, maybe a 30minute NatGeo special, no more than that.

jbiscuit
09-30-2010, 09:36 PM
It's just Hollywood's version of how Facebook got started. I doubt even 20% of the movie is accurate. The comment about casting Justin Bieber is spot on. In fact I wouldn't doubt they tried to get him! His schedule is probably far too jam packed to work on a sub-par flick lile this one. It's a shame that there is potential there to be an entertaining movie but the over embellishments make a fail.

05caddyext
10-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Every review I have read so far this morning says the movie is great. Acting is sharp, and the quality of the movie is very good. Hmm. Still not going to spend 10 bucks to see it, but I will rent it.

Crawlin
10-01-2010, 07:32 AM
I thought I remember reading that the guy who invented facebook is pissed about how this movie portrays him and the "story" saying that it's all wrong.

Or did I read it wrong and the guy actually has a say in the storyline of this movie?

WI_Dave
10-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Every review I have read so far this morning says the movie is great. Acting is sharp, and the quality of the movie is very good. Hmm. Still not going to spend 10 bucks to see it, but I will rent it.

Get it bootleg that way the irony is he got rich off the internet and internet will cut into his profits.:D

jbiscuit
10-01-2010, 07:54 AM
I thought I remember reading that the guy who invented facebook is pissed about how this movie portrays him and the "story" saying that it's all wrong.

Or did I read it wrong and the guy actually has a say in the storyline of this movie?

Chris I did read that somewhere too online. The originator of Facebook wants nothing to do with the movie since the story is completely embellished/Hollywoodized. I bet the actual story is lame :rolf

"One day were were playing around online between games of Halo and were like dude how cool would it be to like start an online site where you can be friends with everyone you know? BAM Facebook. The End." :rolf

GHOSST
10-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Chris I did read that somewhere too online. The originator of Facebook wants nothing to do with the movie since the story is completely embellished/Hollywoodized. I bet the actual story is lame :rolf

"One day were were playing around online between games of Halo and were like dude how cool would it be to like start an online site where you can be friends with everyone you know? BAM Facebook. The End." :rolf

BAM myspace was already around :chair:. :thumbsup I think TOM would kick Mark Zuckerberg's ass in a fight, hhahahahahah!

Crawlin
10-01-2010, 09:46 AM
let's vote to bring back Celebrity Deathmatch on MTV and have them do THAT fight!!

jbiscuit
10-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Now that I would watch!

hrsp
10-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I won't go and see it, but I can tell you that I'm more interested in it than Facebook itself.

Exactly how i feel!!!