PDA

View Full Version : Google/ images...wtf!

Russ Jerome
09-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Was there anything at all wrong with the old setup before? Why would they change a lightning fast image page to something that would make the fastest connecting connection to a screaming halt. Just when hoped Yahoo would finaly die, I find myself using there image search that SMOKES Googles slow/troll and wait to load...grrrrrrrr!!!

British_Ben
09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Why would they change a lightning fast image page to something that would make the fastest connecting connection to a screaming halt.

Not this one:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/899023693.png :thumbsup

BR3W CITY
09-29-2010, 09:19 PM
how on earth? My connection is like a tenth of that

British_Ben
09-29-2010, 09:26 PM
how on earth? My connection is like a tenth of that
Your connection is a tenth of that?! I want your home connection. That connection is at work, work = an ISP.

Anyway, didn't want to thread hijack. I also do not like the new Google images, but I'm getting used to it. Kinda nice not to have to click through to the next page.

Russ Jerome
09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
I could not be happier with my RR cable connection, would be nice if Google could load images in some timely fashion...my ADD drives me crazy!

British_Ben
09-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Alright, so I decided to test this... went to http://images.google.com and searched "brew city" (without the quotes). The first picture was unexpected to say the least.

Anyway, it loads pretty quickly for me. I'm on RR Turbo at home.

Korndogg
09-29-2010, 10:07 PM
loads instantly for me?

BR3W CITY
09-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Your connection is a tenth of that?! I want your home connection. That connection is at work, work = an ISP.

Anyway, didn't want to thread hijack. I also do not like the new Google images, but I'm getting used to it. Kinda nice not to have to click through to the next page.

work connection for me, but not at an isp or anything

Al
10-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Google has a new setup where it starts searching for you as you type. If you have a newer computer with a fast connection, it is pretty nice.

When you go on Google, look to the right of the box where you type. There should be a thing that says "instant is on." Click that and set it to "instant is off."

CarrotTop
10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Idk i typed Cat and got About 129,000,000 results (0.10 seconds) with all images loaded right away. Nothing fancy either. Just RR.

Russ Jerome
10-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Must be my connection I guess, I can see the 8 million images right away I simply cant scroll down until fully loaded. Im getting used to failure as time goes bye :(

pw_cc_runner
10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I just noticed something and thought of this thread... at the bottom of an image search in text it says "switch to basic view" which brings back the old format.

Cryptic
10-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I also prefer the basic/old view. Especially on slightly older computers

Russ Jerome
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I just noticed something and thought of this thread... at the bottom of an image search in text it says "switch to basic view" which brings back the old format.

I looked for just that option before and swore it wasnt available before!
Like the old, getting used to the new style, just cant scroll down right away.