PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner

88Nightmare
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Well I remember now why my parents ditched time Warner at their house. I have it at my apt and it's pretty frustrating. My hd channels cut in and out and every once in awhile, my channels get all pixelated for about two seconds then goes back to normal. Now my channels are still flickering. Anyone else have these problems?

Korndogg
09-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah what box do you have? I had the older samsung and I had all those problems, got the newer samsung and haven't had a problem since.

JaMichaels
09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
I was having that problem but they recently came out here and replaced all the cable in my basement that fed the lower 3 TV's. The installer contributed it to the older style coaxial cable not being able to transfer the data well enough and the fact that we had like 3: 4 way splitters to get cable to the whole house, reducing the signal significantly to the end of the line TV's. Call them up, tell them it sucks, they'll figure it out and make good on their end, they always have for me.

blizzard
09-29-2010, 07:06 PM
I just moved to Milwaukee about a month ago and have service through them. So far everything seems great.

Ricky Bobby
09-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Well I remember now why my parents ditched time Warner at their house. I have it at my apt and it's pretty frustrating. My hd channels cut in and out and every once in awhile, my channels get all pixelated for about two seconds then goes back to normal. Now my channels are still flickering. Anyone else have these problems?

call for a service call we'll fix it

0TransAm0
09-29-2010, 08:03 PM

yup i get that about every other day. that and half my HD channels don't work. :flipoff2: TWC. we are thinking about switching..

hell today i got the pixelated crap about every 15 min. and it didn't matter what channel it was on.

VroomPshhTsi
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
For some reason my audio doesn't work half the time when I turn on my TV/cable box in the morning.... I just turn it off and back on and it usually works again

Not perfect but from what I've seen with dish it's still better... meh

GHOSST
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
I have the exact same problems, but more than often my screen just goes black, I have to press guide and go to another channel and then return to the channel I was watching. Time to call TWC!

88Nightmare
09-30-2010, 05:30 AM
I have a newer box. Think its a cisco....

0TransAm0
09-30-2010, 06:19 AM
mines a scientific Atlanta box..

Ricky Bobby
09-30-2010, 06:44 AM
I have the exact same problems, but more than often my screen just goes black, I have to press guide and go to another channel and then return to the channel I was watching. Time to call TWC!

are u running a hdmi cord sounds like that could be the problem if u are try running components and see if that clears up the problem, also go into settings and in display the output resolution and put it on 1080 only that can help with it switching between 480 and other res and confusing the tv on what pic to display

Silver86
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
mines a scientific Atlanta box..

theres your problem... we went through those boxes (both DVR, and reg.) like we go through milk at my house...

this newer Samsung box that weve got has been working really well.

Slow5oh
09-30-2010, 10:42 AM
i like my directv. Just got it in my Apt yesterday, 300 some channels and 6mb internet for 58 bucks a month, can't really go wrong considering charter wanted 80/month 3mb internet and 24 channels. Only thing that sucks is no TV in storms.

03Seville
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
theres your problem... we went through those boxes (both DVR, and reg.) like we go through milk at my house...

this newer Samsung box that weve got has been working really well.

not completely true. the Scientific Atlanta boxes are the most common boxes we have and their are multiple diff ones available. Ive had 2 Scientific Atlanta boxes and 1 Samsung in my place for the last 2 years and have yet to have a problem with any of them.

WI_Dave
09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
i like my directv. Just got it in my Apt yesterday, 300 some channels and 6mb internet for 58 bucks a month, can't really go wrong considering charter wanted 80/month 3mb internet and 24 channels. Only thing that sucks is no TV in storms.

I would still have dtv if it want for uverse. TWC customer service sucks. I had issues with them and will never go back. I would rather use dial up than send them any more money. DTV uses (or did when I checked) TWC for phone and internet bundles so I went with uverse.

03Seville
09-30-2010, 12:43 PM
I would still have dtv if it want for uverse. TWC customer service sucks. I had issues with them and will never go back. I would rather use dial up than send them any more money. DTV uses (or did when I checked) TWC for phone and internet bundles so I went with uverse.

DTV is in no way associated with TW... they dont use any of our services

pOrk
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM

Damnnn that's cheap, we pay 50 / month for 7 mb internet with time warner, I'm calling to switch tonight

WI_Dave
09-30-2010, 02:17 PM
DTV is in no way associated with TW... they dont use any of our services

Good to know!! When I called they said they use our local cable provider for telephone and internet. Since our only cable provider is/was TWC I made the assumption thats who they used.

03Seville
09-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Good to know!! When I called they said they use our local cable provider for telephone and internet. Since our only cable provider is/was TWC I made the assumption thats who they used.

Ya if I remember correctly Dish used to/or still does use AT&T services for their phone/internet but TW never combined with any other provider.