PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here bowfish?

WI_Dave
09-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Just wondering if anybody else does it too.

I just started this past spring and its a blast. I never even took my bass boat out this year.

STANMAN
09-29-2010, 02:45 PM
I did it for A LOT of years when I was growing up on lake Nagawicka in Delafield. Carp spawning are some fun aiming practice, but even more fun was "trophy" hunting them later in the season when they were in deeper water.

I don't think I could ever do it out of a bass boat, they tend to get assorted bodily fluids everywhere. I would spray out our aluminum row boat after every session and it still got to stinking after awhile.

WI_Dave
09-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Yeah I have an aluminum Jon with lights and genny set up for it and it gets ripe lol. I shot Nagawicka 1 time this summer and those were some of my biggest fish. I try to go to lakes that arent too populated so I don't disturb too many people.

STANMAN
09-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah I have an aluminum Jon with lights and genny set up for it and it gets ripe lol. I shot Nagawicka 1 time this summer and those were some of my biggest fish. I try to go to lakes that arent too populated so I don't disturb too many people.

Yep, Wicka has some good trophy bowing later in the season when they are done spawning. Spawning time was always just "fun" time, once they were done and the water cleared up, it's "hunting" time for the big ones:thumbsup

penji04
09-30-2010, 10:37 PM
I havent done it in a few years but its a lot of fun!