PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Penatlies lose.

GTSLOW
09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
That is all.

To bad it had to be to the shitty bears. :rolf

Josepy
09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
awesome post. pretty sure the whole state of Wisconsin knew this already. post whore. lol

Firefighter Z
09-27-2010, 10:47 PM
That is all.

To bad it had to be to the shitty bears. :rolf

Ya and it happened on Monday Night Football :rolf

Reverend Cooper
09-27-2010, 10:47 PM
yeah thank god for your new running back Arod otherwise they would have got smoked

GTSLOW
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Whats the total count 17 and how many 100yards?

GHOSST
09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
:fire:fire:flipoff2::mad:Pissed. Why do we lose to the shitty bears... Then they do terrible, and we do decent.. fucking irritating...

hrsp
09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
packers need desperate help in the running game...maybe give larry johnson a shot...cant hurt and he is cheap as well...

VroomPshhTsi
09-27-2010, 11:04 PM
yeah thank god for your new running back Arod otherwise they would have got smoked

It's all in how you look at it.

Passing Yards
GB 316
CHI 199

Rushing Yards
GB 63
CHI 77

The game clearly came down to penalties and special teams. 152 yards in penalties for GB, one PR TD for CHI, another TD setup by a PR. I don't see how Packers would have "got smoked." Chicago only managed to rush for 14 more yards.

PB86MCSS
09-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Bears aren't shitty but the Packers are the better team. Packers outplayed them on offense and defense, just not special teams. Too bad they shot themselves in the foot over and over though.

Karps TA
09-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Why are people so surprised?

McCarthy can't coach his way out of a paper bag. He's a great offensive coordinator, that's it. They make the same mistakes every single season. Then his moronic use of challenges and decision to just hope the Bears miss a chip shot FG at the end, instead of letting them score and getting the ball back with minute and half.

Special Teams continue to suck cause TT's roster moves. He keeps too many (8-9) TE's and FB's. So now your special teams are filled with offensive players who don't tackle and know how to shed blocks.

But don't worry, they'll beat another bad team next week, and everyone will think that they are a juggernaut again.

The Packers have only beaten like 5 teams that finished over .500 the last 2 years. They kick the crap out of the bad teams.

GTSLOW
09-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Why are people so surprised?

McCarthy can't coach his way out of a paper bag. He's a great offensive coordinator, that's it. They make the same mistakes every single season. Then his moronic use of challenges and decision to just hope the Bears miss a chip shot FG at the end, instead of letting them score and getting the ball back with minute and half.

This is one thing I didn't understand????? Would have been way cooler to see them try and make it back down score and go for a 2pt conversion or OT.

flyin_blue_egg
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
The biggest prob. w/ the game was the young secondary. On the drive that the bears scored the winning pts. the packers got an INT on a ball that was clearly underthrown, but we got called for pass interference. Even had the DB not interfered the INT more then likley still happens. Then you look at the Barrnet INT that got negated by the roughing the passer penalty which i think was BS. He didn't hit his helmet with his arm or something, but his own helmet during the tackle attempt. The thing i don't get is there's no penalty called if you do the same thing trying to tackle a RB or WR.

badass88gt
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Why the hell did he challenge that turnover? I guess it really didn't matter but it could have if the interception right after that would have stood...

PB86MCSS
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM
The Packers have only beaten like 5 teams that finished over .500 the last 2 years. They kick the crap out of the bad teams.

That's how it is for good teams, typically the Playoff teams you won't be much better than .500 against if you are a similar, Playoff type team. If you are maybe an elite team, you will beat anyone except when you fall asleep on a given week, but name the last team other than the 07' Patriots to be that type of team. The Packers are good but I don't see any team as a world beater this year, or in most years with parity the way it is. This season might take the cake for it, only 3 unbeatens after 3 weeks and two are mediocre teams.

05caddyext
09-30-2010, 08:30 AM
I like the "it all depends on how you look at it" quote. How so?

A loss is a loss. Period.

Always excuses about how this happened and this penalty or that one. Every team in the league has to deal with the refs every game. They make questionable calls for every team, every game, part of the deal. They don't always go against you, there are plenty of calls that go your way to. The fact is that just like last year, the packers don't even try to go down field. They do it all pre-season long, everyone talks about their 5 receiver sets and how dangerous they are. Then in the regular season, they don't go down the field at all. If you don't have a serious running threat, you have to throw down the field several times in the opening of the game to widen the playing field. They know damn well you aren't going to run against them, by throwing down the field you open up the thoughts about running. I stand by my 8-8 season.

BR3W CITY
09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Clay matthews was being focused against, but still put alot of pressure on when he could. I think that when you blitz matthews, and the play is past him, you leave a major gap in the younger secondary for them to run/toss to.

PB86MCSS
09-30-2010, 05:29 PM
After every loss the team is terrible, after every win they are destined for the Super Bowl. This is why sports talk radio annoys me, but I still listen sometimes...just like coming into these threads. While I know better, I can't resist. I'll stick with my 11-5 mark.

VroomPshhTsi
10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I like the "it all depends on how you look at it" quote. How so?

A loss is a loss. Period.

I was responding to Coop's comment on how the Packers "would have been smoked" if Rodgers didn't scramble so well. I referred to the fact that the Bears only had 14 more rushing yards than the Packers.

I agree 100% a loss is a loss. I use that point all the time on college football boards I'm on.

Non-Packer fans are complaining about how all the Packer fans are saying they should have won that game. Well that's what fans say after a tough loss. Did you expect everyone to keep quiet about it or say "geee what a great game, sucks we lost but good job everyone tried their best."

GTSLOW
10-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Its gonna be rough being detriots only win this season :goof

pw_cc_runner
10-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Its gonna be rough being detriots only win this season :goof

haha, I've been waiting to see how long it would take someone to say something about this one :rolf

GTSLOW
10-03-2010, 02:58 PM
haha, I've been waiting to see how long it would take someone to say something about this one :rolf

:) we'll see they might be able to squeeze this one out still.

pw_cc_runner
10-03-2010, 03:02 PM
:) we'll see the might be able to squeeze this one out still.

yeah and everyone will jump on the bandwagon and proclaim Packers Super Bowl bound, right :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

oh brother... we got some work to do. I still think this team has potential, but this is an ugly one today.

GTSLOW
10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Yup 26-28 final. Nothing to be proud of there.

TheRX7Project
10-03-2010, 03:12 PM
They were really trying to give this one away in the 4th quarter.

Silver03SRT
10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
It seems as though every time the packers lose a game people say they beat themselves, they gave that one away ect. but when other teams lose its oh the packers were the better team. even though a team has lets say 80 yrds in penalities in the first half and throws a pick 6 and a pick in the red zone. IMO Packers got lucky with Woodson returning that pick in the 3rd.

Prince Valiant
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
IIMO Packers got lucky with Woodson returning that pick in the 3rd.Yeah...cause woodson is kind of a hack.

Silver03SRT
10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I never said he was a hack. Just saying they got lucky he got that int. Packers were not moving the ball in the second half.

GTSLOW
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Second half was brutal. :puke

Prince Valiant
10-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I never said he was a hack. Just saying they got lucky he got that int. Packers were not moving the ball in the second half.
See, I disagree. Great players make great plays.

Getting "lucky" on the other had would be something like have a touchdown called back on a bad call...like the lions vs the bear

(ftr, the call was bad because after his second foot hit the ground and he had clear possession of the ball, the ball is a catch. The rule they cited is for catches in the air in which the receivers feet never touch the ground).

Otherwise interceptions and their returns are all part of the game.

Plus, I don't think the packers were totally lost in the second half...when it mattered the controlled the ball, getting first downs as needed and running out the clock. Against divisional foes in what might arguably be the best division from top to bottom, I'll take that everyday. Would I have preferred a score of 35-3? sure. But in divisional games, a win is a win...

Silver03SRT
10-04-2010, 10:35 PM
See, I disagree. Great players make great plays.

Getting "lucky" on the other had would be something like have a touchdown called back on a bad call...like the lions vs the bear

(ftr, the call was bad because after his second foot hit the ground and he had clear possession of the ball, the ball is a catch. The rule they cited is for catches in the air in which the receivers feet never touch the ground).

Otherwise interceptions and their returns are all part of the game.

Plus, I don't think the packers were totally lost in the second half...when it mattered the controlled the ball, getting first downs as needed and running out the clock. Against divisional foes in what might arguably be the best division from top to bottom, I'll take that everyday. Would I have preferred a score of 35-3? sure. But in divisional games, a win is a win...

Yes you are right that great player make great plays. What I said was the Packers meaning the team got lucky Woodson made that play. Never said Woodson got lucky. I just found it funny that everyone talked shit about the Vikings beating the Lions saying big deal it was the Lions and they suck but when the Packers squeak by with a 2pt win they think its the best win. I've said it since I watched the Bears game that the Lions are not a bad team. They have been in EVERY game this year and in each game one play could have turned the game for them. Also I do agree Lions should have beat the Bears.

GTSLOW
10-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Looks like round 2 for the pack.

The penalties sure helped today in the OT.

pw_cc_runner
10-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Looks like round 2 for the pack.

The penalties sure helped today in the OT.

They really haven't had a convincing or close to dominant game yet this year. Even the Bills game had that long dry spell. I wonder why they can't put it all together to put anyone away. We could almost be a one win team right now. It has not been good. I am beginning to wonder if they will manage to turn it around or not. :wow

Prince Valiant
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
They usually come out fairly strong and then stagnate...teams adjust, but the offense seems unable to counter the adjustments...I think in large part due to lack of multiple looks for the run game. Add that with the penalties and there is no surprise that the pack has looked off to finish games.

GTSLOW
10-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I will say though without all the injuries I'm pretty sure the would have pulled it off. But who knows they still lost.

GTSLOW
10-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Again....

flyin_blue_egg
10-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I really don't think penalties lead to the lose today. yea on the punt they had the penalty for covering the center and then MIA score a TD on the drive. But I think the bigger problem was the fact that Henne got sacked a grand total of ZERO times in the game. They had absolutly no pass rush all game long. I thought they could survive on offence as long as Rogers came back, but with the lose of barnett earlier in the season and now Matthews, Pickett and Poppinga (matthews back-up) they are really gonna struggle.

GTSLOW
10-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh I was simply refering to them losing again :(

flyin_blue_egg
10-18-2010, 01:23 PM
OK i thought you meant due to penalties

Karps TA
10-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I enjoy all the bitching about the penalty on the punt yesterday. Ticky tack penalty yes. But how about being more pissed that your players don't know the rule? Give me a break. If you look down and see the ball directly in front of you, move a foot to the left or the right and that penalty never gets called.

So tired of the Packers and their poor play due to a lack of coaching. Horrible fundamentals.

And while we're at it. The players - yes especially you Rodgers, stop whining to the refs every single down. No wonder the refs throw the flag so much. They're sick of the crying.

DynoTom
10-24-2010, 11:07 AM
So tired of the Packers and their poor play due to a lack of coaching. Horrible fundamentals.

And while we're at it. The players - yes especially you Rodgers, stop whining to the refs every single down. No wonder the refs throw the flag so much. They're sick of the crying.

I have an idea for a column about Rodgers, about one asking him why he does his ridiculous Championship Belt move, after a TD. For a guy that has never won even ONE playoff game (much less a Championship !) isn't that just a little silly, at best ??? You don't see Tom Brady do that and he has 3 Super Bowl rings. Good grief.

Forrest
04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
sorry dude..
I have nothing to say about all this...
No remarks guys..

GTSLOW
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
:rolf the question is what was he trolling for?

Todd Z
04-22-2011, 10:49 AM
This was fun to read a few months after they won the Super Bowl.

GTSLOW
09-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Can we do it again???? We're at 5 sofar!