PDA

View Full Version : Oil

Voodoo Chick
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Brad Penn oil- anyone here use it?? I have heard good things about it, but haven't used it yet. Any opinions?

jbiscuit
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats the oil I WILL be running with the new motor. Lots of people really like it with old motors. Did you catch how much it is a quart by chance through the vendor at Jefferson? I assume you saw the guy there with it. I plan to buy a case of it from him at Spring Jefferson should my motor be close to ready

I run the Valvoline VR1 in my 327 and it really likes it. Great consistent oil pressure even hot, motor runs nice and quiet. I'd recommend that stuff too. Has lots of zinc in it for the flat tappet cam

Voodoo Chick
09-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Thats the oil I WILL be running with the new motor. Lots of people really like it with old motors. Did you catch how much it is a quart by chance through the vendor at Jefferson? I assume you saw the guy there with it. I plan to buy a case of it from him at Spring Jefferson should my motor be close to ready

I run the Valvoline VR1 in my 327 and it really likes it. Great consistent oil pressure even hot, motor runs nice and quiet. I'd recommend that stuff too. Has lots of zinc in it for the flat tappet cam

Yeah, I saw the guy at Jefferson, got his business cards, so if you need his contact info, let me know.......it's $60 per case (12 bottles) so, that is an awesome price............Plus, it's a really gross dark green, so the cars will look like they have "alien blood" lol! :shades

British_Ben
09-26-2010, 07:38 PM
I believe Ron(juicedimpss) at Clocks Off Racing carries Brad Penn oils. :thumbsup

jbiscuit
09-26-2010, 09:17 PM
That is a good price for that oil. If Ron can get Brad Penn that would be the hot ticket

Gregor
09-26-2010, 09:56 PM
A store down carries it. Something to do with the zinc in the oil being great for flat tappet cams.

DR.FORD
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
2000+HP, bearings look new when disassembled=Brad Penn Oil is The Best!

Moparjim
09-27-2010, 01:16 PM
I use it also, 1500 RWHP Turbo Viper testimonial here I guess. I use it in all the muscle car type stuff, and ATVs and motorcycles as well.

Chad/Schmidt's Gas and Go - the race gas guy and also a BCM sponser has it in stock and/or can get whatever you need.

PureSound15
09-27-2010, 04:05 PM
I use it also, 1500 RWHP Turbo Viper testimonial here I guess. I use it in all the muscle car type stuff, and ATVs and motorcycles as well.

Chad/Schmidt's Gas and Go - the race gas guy and also a BCM sponser has it in stock and/or can get whatever you need.

Schmidt's is not a sponsor of BCM.

Looks like Clocks Off has the hookup!

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48509

Moparjim
09-27-2010, 06:38 PM
My mistake I thought they were sponsers. Ron's would be a great place to go for it as well obviously!

JC70SS
09-28-2010, 07:55 AM
I believe C&S also has it.