03Seville
09-24-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/chrysler-auto-workers-busted_20100923_dk

Car Guy
09-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I seen this on today's evening news.....:alcoholic :rolf

Plum Crazy
09-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Cant tell you how many guys at the Engine Plant here in Kenosha go to work drunk.

03Seville
09-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Cant tell you how many guys at the Engine Plant here in Kenosha go to work drunk.

wouldnt doubt it at all. I just can't comprehend how people can have so little appreciation for their job especially when their arent many out their right now

Plum Crazy
09-24-2010, 09:26 PM
wouldnt doubt it at all. I just can't comprehend how people can have so little appreciation for their job especially when their arent many out their right now

Because they know shit wont happen to them with the UAW behind them. These guys will get a slap on the wrist, maybe a week off with pay at the most.

03Seville
09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Because they know shit wont happen to them with the UAW behind them. These guys will get a slap on the wrist, maybe a week off with pay at the most.

yeah but they said these guys got indefinite suspension w/o pay. which they deserve 100%

Nix
09-24-2010, 11:11 PM
After seeing this I'm suprised that I have yet to have any type of issue with my 300C.

Al
09-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Comparatively, how does this beer consumption differ from the HQ in Germany?

Feature Pony
09-24-2010, 11:17 PM
haha it figures!!! I had so many problems with my crate hemi motor itsnot even funny!! When I called into complain the union guy said well there is nothing the uaw can do for quality. I told him to fire the sob, he got mad at that remark. I will never buy a mopar crate motor with out tearing it apart before firing!

Reverend Cooper
09-24-2010, 11:27 PM
ahahahaha go figure fucking joke

lordairgtar
09-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Comparatively, how does this beer consumption differ from the HQ in Germany?
HQ is no longer Daimler in Germany.

TheRX7Project
09-25-2010, 07:36 AM
the union guy said well there is nothing the uaw can do for quality.

Wow. I can think of a few things they can do for quality... like, not showing up for work drunk or stoned for starters.

Exitspeed
09-25-2010, 07:41 AM
They must have built this quality piece here.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8940/img6797.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2913/img6798.jpg

JC70SS
09-25-2010, 08:44 AM
what quality? If anyone has every owned a Grand Cherokee you would know:rolf

JOHN 86GT
09-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Must have been built after "lunch" :alcoholic

I know there was a lot "prescription" use at the printer I used to work for.

They must have built this quality piece here.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8940/img6797.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2913/img6798.jpg

Moparjim
09-25-2010, 10:35 PM

I can. None. Not if their caught at least. If your suspected of being under the influence, your taken for testing. If you refuse, your sent home. Its a dangerous factory environment they don't screw around and theres very clear rules. Like anyhwhere else I'm sure jackasses maybe get away with it but its no different than anywhere else. Those guys at jeff north will most likely end up being fired now that they were caught. Dumbasses. As the unon statement says, they won't tolerate it either.

I love how on all these threads everyone that has no direct knowledge piles on their opinion. I worked at KEP for twelve years. This article is the typical sensationalist media. Stupid shit happens everyday everywhere, when it does it hits the news lol. its not like every chrysler plant is full of drunken people day in day out.

Al
09-25-2010, 11:39 PM
HQ is no longer Daimler in Germany.

I know
But still, in Germany, the workers drink beer with their lunch and then go and make some reliable cars.

Nix
09-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I know
But still, in Germany, the workers drink beer with their lunch and then go and make some reliable cars.

Different Country different execptions to the rules?

I'm not sure how things work over there in Germany, but in the US this is not accepted behavior.

I'm wating till something happens with one of my windows and I have to take a door skin off only to find a bottle of Mr. Thompson's Whiskey :rolf

GHOSST
09-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Damn, I can bet you the one who snitched was the guy that wasn't invited or allowed! I just can't believe these guys are this stupid... something doesn't add up..

Moparjim
09-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Different Country different execptions to the rules?

I'm not sure how things work over there in Germany, but in the US this is not accepted behavior.

I'm wating till something happens with one of my windows and I have to take a door skin off only to find a bottle of Mr. Thompson's Whiskey :rolf

Just a funny FYI in Germany at the daimler plants drinking was indeed allowed lol. They served beer in the cafeterias and it was normal to drink during lunch and on breaks. Several of our guys visited several german plants during the daimler tenure and saw it first hand.

Moparjim
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
After seeing this I'm suprised that I have yet to have any type of issue with my 300C.

Surprised why? If you read JD Power reports, consumer reports, industry news many Chrysler vehicles have very good quality like the large cars like yours, jeeps, minivans, dakotas, trucks. Your 300c has the exact trans, rear end, suspension, many other parts right out of the Mercedes E class and I mean the exact parts, plus a better engine in the hemi, for half the price. Too bad jackasses in this country pay more attention to rumor, anecdotal bullshit, or the random isolated video of a few choice dipshits then they do actual facts.

FoxStang
09-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Hmmm, all the poorly built interiors I've run across in Chrysler's must be purely coincidental then...
I guess I've been subscribing to too much anecdotal bullshit, my eyes must also be deceiving me.

lordairgtar
09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I know
I see the point you make.

GRM-REPR
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
None of this is shocking etc.

When I was a gen tech at Ford, I saw shit that should've been on a comedy reel.

I think one of the best ones would be having the ring/pinion removed from an Econoline van and putting the light inside the dif and seeing FU*K YOU!!!! painted inside of it.

Or maybe the half empty 5th of Whiskey inside a brand new Crown Vic's driver side door against the glass.

I fondly remember being pissed off during a frustrating search for a rattle in a customers brand new F-150, only to eventually find a large shim that had string wrapped around it and hanging up above the gas tank.

Or maybe just the head gasket that was missing from the factory on a Crown Vic that old Jack Griffin was coming from Florida to pick up back in 98'....

Anyone who thinks crap like this doesn't happen is kidding themselves.

God only knows what they are doing when no one is watching. I saw the results too many times and had to fix them. (although seeing FU*K YOU!!! in a dif was funny for us all then).....

Got Boost
09-27-2010, 03:27 PM
supposdly all those workers got fired....

FoxStang
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
supposdly all those workers got fired....
Except two, who are getting a one month disciplinary layoff without pay.

TheRX7Project
09-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Hmmm, all the poorly built interiors I've run across in Chrysler's must be purely coincidental then...
I guess I've been subscribing to too much anecdotal bullshit, my eyes must also be deceiving me.

The cheapness of the interiors has nothing to do with the workers putting them together. They don't choose the materials.

lordairgtar
09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
None of this is shocking etc.

When I was a gen tech at Ford, I saw shit that should've been on a comedy reel.

I think one of the best ones would be having the ring/pinion removed from an Econoline van and putting the light inside the dif and seeing FU*K YOU!!!! painted inside of it.

Kind of hard to see how that could be done seeing how quickly cars move down the assembly line. That would sure surprise me looking inside a part and seeing a message like that.

FoxStang
09-27-2010, 10:35 PM
The cheapness of the interiors has nothing to do with the workers putting them together. They don't choose the materials.
I'm not talking material quality, build quality...