PDA

View Full Version : WTB: LS engine harness

rally_scort
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Looking for a clean LS harness, no throttle-by-wire stuff.A matching ECU would be awesome also.

BAD LS1
09-21-2010, 04:26 PM
I dont have anything on hand, but if i may make a suggestion... Try and find a 99-02 harness from an F body only. 98 is a bastard year and lots of quirks and the computer for it is quite antiquated. Also there is a diff between 6 speed manual and auto harness's, so if your looking to run a 4l60E auto, you can do it with an A4 harness and PCM otherwise if its like a TH400 or any sort of manual trans, the M6 harness or A4 harness would work.

LS1tech.com clasifieds will be your most direct route, people are parting cars out ALL the time and selling these very items at a reseaonable cost. I picked up a '00 M6 harness and PCM for 200$ and it was in mint condition.

rally_scort
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
ill be running a TH350...but im thinking about going the carb route.I found a harness out of a 00 suburban for $50 if i pull it.How much would it cost for you to weed out the shit i dont need to run this truck with TH350?

BAD LS1
09-22-2010, 11:01 AM
You could leave it as is and just have some extra plugs to tie up too... Then turn off all the codes that will come about so it doesnt limp mode the engine once its all done.

95mustang302
09-22-2010, 04:52 PM
with the harness from the truck you will need to swap out all of the injector plugs if you intend to run ford style injectors.

Keep an eye on ebay as well. I got a harness on ebay for cheap. it was an a4 harness, but I just removed all of the automatic crap and thinned it out.

rally_scort
09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
with the harness from the truck you will need to swap out all of the injector plugs if you intend to run ford style injectors.

Keep an eye on ebay as well. I got a harness on ebay for cheap. it was an a4 harness, but I just removed all of the automatic crap and thinned it out.

did you go with a truck harness? I remember looking at it when we came to pick up the longtubes, but wasnt sure if it was an Fbody harness or truck.Would you possibly have time to get me started once i get a harness? Id be willing to compensate for the labor, id rather get it right the first time without the headaches.

BAD LS1
09-23-2010, 01:33 PM
oh thats right! the truck injectors of that vintage were delphi Multec II style. it can be fixed with some of the plug and play pig tails as the easiest fix. most injectors otherwise will have the EV1 style connectors like noted above with the FMS injectors as well and f bodies use this same style connector.

SLOWC5
09-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Ford makes nice adapters for injectors, were using them on the new truck manifold in the s10

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/productImages_thumbBIG/12420908683910571.jpg

rally_scort
09-23-2010, 05:58 PM
maybe I missed something, whats the deal with the ford injectors? I planned to run the stock injectors, is there a benefit/necessity to run the ford injectors?