PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a crotch rocket

quickcarl
07-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Looking to buy the only rice I could ever imagine buying. GSXR750 would be nice. Looking to spend 2g's to start. Never know. :popcorn

Prince Valiant
07-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Looking to buy the only rice I could ever imagine buying. GSXR750 would be nice. Looking to spend 2g's to start. Never know. :popcorn
Surprisingly you can generally get a hyabussa for less than most 750's and liter bikes...something about the owners being too scared to touch those things ever again. :goof

JC70SS
07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Carl I don't know for sure, but I don't think 2K is going to go too far? These things take a quick depreciation hit, then hold their value decently. I know of a guy who is selling his Yamaha R6, mint condition and this thing is babied.

Al
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I would buy a hyabusa if I get comfortable with a bike. But I would probably dumb it down so I don't kill myself.

Crawlin
07-12-2004, 11:15 PM
it's all in the rider how "respectable" the bike seems. don't get too wrist happy, it won't seem so bad.

anyways, i had a '97 GSX-R750

$2g's is gonna be hard to get something with. might want to look into ebay and some salvage bikes that have been rebuilt or ones that need some more. that'll help costwise a ton. a full set of plastics is around 600-1000 depending on condition. all the little parts add up though.

Mine was built pretty badass :) big bore kit, full race Hindle exhaust, aftermarket sprockets front and rear, braided brake line and EBC pads, and most importantly... no chicken stripes :) I get low in corners :)

For pictures:

www.geocities.com/z28camaro93/index8.html

Chris

Prince Valiant
07-13-2004, 12:06 AM
it's all in the rider how "respectable" the bike seems. don't get too wrist happy, it won't seem so bad.

anyways, i had a '97 GSX-R750

$2g's is gonna be hard to get something with. might want to look into ebay and some salvage bikes that have been rebuilt or ones that need some more. that'll help costwise a ton. a full set of plastics is around 600-1000 depending on condition. all the little parts add up though.

Mine was built pretty badass :) big bore kit, full race Hindle exhaust, aftermarket sprockets front and rear, braided brake line and EBC pads, and most importantly... no chicken stripes :) I get low in corners :)

For pictures:

www.geocities.com/z28camaro93/index8.html

Chris
Uh, you're a "stunter"?

:rolf :goof

GHOSST
07-13-2004, 12:39 AM
I'd definitely go for it!:thumbsup I can't to buy one... got to get this friggin car paid off...

Crawlin
07-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Chris, you like that 'ey?

God was I bored when I made that page :) I pulled the funniest little icons I could off the website to throw on there. You know, just so people could do like you did ;) Miltown Wheelie Boyz were out last night at Oscar's and I was talking to them and they were trying to get me to buy another bike, ha. I said I am liking living.

Chris

2k3gtp
07-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Be careful about buying from any of the online classifieds esspecially if these factors exist:

1. The seller will not talk to you via phone.
2. Price seems too good to be true.
3. They want you to use an escrow service other than one that you or someone you know and trust has used before.
4. They seem very eager to get the transaction completed.
5. If they cannot provide additional photos of the bike.

Dont get screwed be safe and go to an online forum such as this for bikes and ask a few questions to see what you really should start out with for a first bike and what you would expect to pay for such and such a bike with miles and conditon, etc.

Crawlin
07-13-2004, 04:42 PM
WWW.SPORTBIKES.NET

THAT'S A GREAT ONE TO START OFF ON, AND EVEN FIND SOME LOCAL PEOPLE. ALSO...

WWW.WERA.COM IS WHERE I FOUND ALOT OF PARTS, ALONG WITH THE GREAT LAKES ROAD RACING ASSOCIATION (GLRRA) WEBSITE. PEOPLE TAKING STOCK STUFF OFF THE BIKES TO RUN RACE PLASTICS OR EVEN RACE BIKES.