PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with IL registration process?

SSScottSS
09-15-2010, 03:11 PM
I sold a Kawasaki Ninja last year to a guy in IL. I recently got a message on Facebook about the bike. He asked if I used to own it and I replied back that I did. He replied:

that you for getting back intouch with me. the guy you sold it to did not transfer the title and now the state wants like 600 to transfer the title in my name can you help me get it fixed?. the currancy exchange needs you to fill out a for stating that the dte on th title was entered by mistake i can fax it and you fax it back and i save lots of cash.o by the way how long did you own it and does the engine have any work done to it that you know of.i purchased it becouse i owned one back in 1990 and wanted to get that feeling back now that im 48 and looking to relive some of my youth. once again THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT FORE ME !!!
TONY

Anyone know WTF this guy is talking about? What does the currency exchange have to do with a motorcycle registration? I don't mind helping someone out when I can, but this just seems fishy. I am also concerned that if sign something that I just recently sold the bike that I will have to assume responsibility for the bike for the past year when it was out of my possession.

jbiscuit
09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Not your problem. Too bad so sad for the new owner.

Rocket Power
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
not your problem. Too bad so sad for the new owner.

qft

tommyt5078
09-15-2010, 06:56 PM
What does the currency exchange have to do with a motorcycle registration?

I know for sure you can walk into a currency exchange in Ill. and buy a registration for anything and they will send all paperwork, etc. to the state of Ill., just like you would at the DVM up here.

After reading the reply (it's that english???), I think it's someone trying to scam you, stay away, far away!!!!!

PB86MCSS
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Guy knows alot of info for the typical scammer...also what would he have to gain out of it? Unless he stole it and wants to somehow title it "legally" under his name.

I'd look into it more of course but it might be something legit to save the guy a hassle and money. Maybe ask if he can send you some your way for saving him $600 :) .

SSScottSS
09-16-2010, 01:37 PM
I think he has the bike and the title, but the rest just doesn't seem right. I think I'm going to let him deal with it on his own.