PDA

View Full Version : Garrett gonna be junk??

cletus
09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Someone posted this on another forum I'm on just curious to see what people think.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1936851

STANMAN
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I had a GT35R in my 05 SRT-4, I never had an issue with it.

nismodave
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Stuff like this is suspect, could indeed be a disgruntled worker.

cletus
09-13-2010, 09:19 PM
very well could be.........

cletus
09-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I had a GT35R in my 05 SRT-4, I never had an issue with it.

Did you read the link LOL?
Not suggesting their old stuff is bad actually I personally am not suggesting any of it is bad.

Flicktitty
09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Stuff like this is suspect, could indeed be a disgruntled worker.

This,

this guy has got on a bunch of forums, I know of Supraforums, Zilvia.net and Nicoclub and warned everyone of this..... either this guy REALLY cares for the community or he got shit canned and took it really personally.

WhatsADSM
09-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Yea it almost seems like a disgruntled worker more than anything. FWIW my experience has always been pretty good with Garret even after they were purchased by Honeywell. My only real comment is that the technology has improved significantly and I feel there are far better options out there for the money anyways.

Car Guy
09-13-2010, 10:24 PM
This,

this guy has got on a bunch of forums, I know of Supraforums, Zilvia.net and Nicoclub and warned everyone of this..... either this guy REALLY cares for the community or he got shit canned and took it really personally.

He posted the thread(s) a month before leaving his position. Nowhere did I read he was fired.....

cletus
09-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Well some people still do take pride in quality US manufactured components. Not many but some and if all the R&D is done........ now they have prints and specs theoretically it shouldn't matter where the parts are made.

I tend to agree more than likely a disgruntled employee............

Cryptic
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
glad I went NA :goof

Sprayaway Fox
09-15-2010, 09:44 PM
If you guys read more into the forum there are people in the aircraft world that know quality went to shit. There are other people that posted in it that also agree with the guy who wrote it.

One guy in the forum said that he used to use them in aircraft and noticed a big quality differance when Honeywell bought out garret.

Older garret turbos good, Honeywell aquired garret turbos bad.

My bud actually had his garret blow up the other day. Ill have to let him know.

....On a side note, why the hell am I reading a turbo thread?:rolf

nismodave
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
....On a side note, why the hell am I reading a turbo thread?:rolf

Know thine enemy?

Same reason I know about a lil but about mustang stuff....absorbsion.