PDA

View Full Version : '08 vette boost options

sloLs1
09-13-2010, 11:41 AM
My coworker has a 2008 c6 vette 6speed and wants to have a shop install a power adder... He was thinking twin turbos but I also suggested the option of a blower.... My question is what's out there for c6 veTtes that are proven systems??? Its just a sunday car will never see the strip but he does want it to perform!

Any suggestions?? Thank you

Josepy
09-13-2010, 11:44 AM
My coworker has a 2008 c6 vette 6speed and wants to have a shop install a power adder... He was thinking twin turbos but I also suggested the option of a blower.... My question is what's out there for c6 veTtes that are proven systems??? Its just a sunday car will never see the strip but he does want it to perform!

Any suggestions?? Thank you

I love my procharger setup on the TA. STS twin turbo kits are junk. Do not let him get that.

SLOWC5
09-13-2010, 11:55 AM
tvs2300....
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2384294-magna-charger-tvs2300-and-my-ls2-3.html
OR
Edelbrock E Force, Get to keep the stock hood
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2679833-2007-ls-2-edelbrock-e-force-driving-impressions.html

Jeff

sloLs1
09-13-2010, 11:58 AM
tvs2300....

Jeff

What is that??

SLOWC5
09-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Fixed with links.

BAD LS1
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Centrifugul blower like a procharger or paxton Novi... Turbos are nice but not many kits around that arent priced astronomically. This is a 10.7:1 motor so its not going to tolerate much boost let alone heat... there in lies the issue with a roots/screw blower in this app.

GTSLOW
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Centrifugul blower like a procharger or paxton Novi... Turbos are nice but not many kits around that arent priced astronomically. This is a 10.7:1 motor so its not going to tolerate much boost let alone heat... there in lies the issue with a roots/screw blower in this app.

I think both of those kits above are screw type.

WhatsADSM
09-13-2010, 04:25 PM
IMO I agree with Tom. Centri is the way to go especially with a stock engine. Heat is bad.

SLOWC5
09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Both are screw style and both are very reliable and good drivability and know to make good power. Too each their own

GTSLOW
09-13-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.procharger.com/LS3_vette.shtml

http://www.procharger.com/images/c6_uh.jpg

sloLs1
09-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Well he was quoted 10k to have twin turbos installed.... He didn't thatnk that was such a bad price soooo I'm assuming he wants as much power he can get wiith driveability in mind for around 10k lol..... I'm just trying to help him make a decision

emptypockets
09-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Id contact A&A Corvette or East Coast Supercharging, there pretty much the best in the business when it comes to the vettes and there pricing is well under 10K installed on most of there custom supercharger packages. They both offer installation or just kits for you to install. Ive installed both the ECS Novi kit and the A&A Vortech kit in the past, the kits are well thought out, have alot of nice custom parts you dont get in the off the shelf kits and are really reasonable as far as price. If you check out the forced induction section of corvetteforum they are sponsors and ususally have good pricing floating around.

emptypockets
09-14-2010, 05:56 AM
You did ask for PROVEN kits, so here they are....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2520715-ragin-racin-supercharger-install-special-6499-a.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2659943-vette-doctors-end-of-summer-special-vortech-supercharger-6-599-installed-and-tuned.html

These are the current INSTALLED specials, the kits are cheaper obviously if you just want to buy them. But like i said, ive dealt with both, and there both aweseome kits with a great price.

Sorry i didnt edit my original post, apparently I still cannot due to post count or somthing?

sloLs1
09-14-2010, 10:20 AM
thank you gtslow and emptypockets... those are good links. ill show those to him.... now ill just have to find a reputable shop around here to do that!

WhatsADSM
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Yea I have heard good results from the A&A kits as well.

BAD LS1
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
thank you gtslow and emptypockets... those are good links. ill show those to him.... now ill just have to find a reputable shop around here to do that!

:thumbsup

emptypockets
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I believe Speed Inc is a retailer/installer for A&A, they were running a special a while back. May want to contact them. Also i believe ECS offers there kits with a procharger head unit if you would like instead of the Paxton. Last time I checked ECS was still the IRS corvette 1/4 record holder with the paxton head unit though. Both of them are great kits, i liked the A&A kit the most and A&A's customer service was better IMO.

sloLs1
09-14-2010, 10:07 PM
:thumbsup

tom id send him to you, but i think he wants a "shop" to do the install just so that if something were to happen he would have a place to go back to. Hes an older guy who is retiring in 2 years and just wants everything to be legit, even though you would prolly do the best work and get it done for a good price....

how well does the stock clutch hold up in the c6 vettes??

emptypockets
09-15-2010, 05:11 AM
The clutch's life will depends on a few things. How good the tires are and how he drives. All in all though the stocker will have a very short life at 600 rwhp+

BAD LS1
09-15-2010, 07:18 AM
tom id send him to you, but i think he wants a "shop" to do the install just so that if something were to happen he would have a place to go back to. Hes an older guy who is retiring in 2 years and just wants everything to be legit, even though you would prolly do the best work and get it done for a good price....

how well does the stock clutch hold up in the c6 vettes??

I wasnt imply i would do it hahah, just was agreeing. Does this old feller know what hes getting into? i mean the LS3 in stock form is not slow! Just dont let him go too bat shit crazy with this thing to the point of hurting the motor or him self.

As far as the clutch goes, i dont forsee this thing ending up at GLD doing 6500 RPM holeshots off a two-step on slicks and provided he doesnt pour the coals to it every second he drives it, that clutch will last a long while. The F1's will for sure be the fuseable link.

sloLs1
09-15-2010, 02:38 PM
That's good info... And ya he's not one to race the car... He just likes to mash it on the on ramp or stomp it on the freeway. It'll never see the track let alone any kind of sticker tire than factory.... Car was bought new in 08 and only has 5k miles lol... I suggested he could even put a cam and bolts on and almost get the same amount of hp but I don't think that would cater to his driving. A blower seems like the best route.

JC70SS
09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Well if I were hime I would get the roots blower if he is just going to get on it a bit. The procharger type blower only produces boost that is "noticable" at 3500rpm and up. Personally I would just tell the guy to get some headers and a stealth cam.

Is he even putting headers on this car?

jbiscuit
09-15-2010, 03:40 PM
cam, headers, tune and call it a day.

SLOWC5
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
We just did a 10' maro. Cam, headers, t stat. Tuned through a stock intake made 485/430. I know toms done some smaller cam'd vetted that made or very close too 500rwhp! Still very streetable

BAD LS1
09-15-2010, 04:21 PM
+1 for cam/headers also. My Camaro made 501 to the wheels through 1-5/8" headers, that would be more than enough for this guy in this car and it would be instaneous.

sloLs1
09-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Yaaa... I think a lot of this is for the fact that he can say its supercharged lol.... He doesn't understand how a cam, headers and tune will make that much of a difference... Just another typical vette owner that doesn't know shit about cars (no offense to anyone on here!) I told him to go on youtube and watch as many c6 vette videos as he could, then maybe he'll see somthing he likes!?!?