PDA

View Full Version : Grill Recipes

Nix
09-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I know this has been discussed before in the past and I figured it would be a good idea to bring it up again incase anyone has some awesome recipes for anything on the grill.

Post what it is and how you go about it and what you need or reccomend.

Red97GTP
09-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Get yourself some really good thin skirt steak (or other thinnly sliced steak.) Put on the grill and while on there, season with "Adobo" seasoning and real lime juice. Flip the steak and repeat. Warm corn tortilla shells on the grill as well (not too long though as they will harden.) Put on whatever typical taco stuff on there (lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.)

Enjoy!

Prince Valiant
09-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Grilled BBQ Burgers:
1/3 lb ground chuck formed to a fairly larger/thinner patty as the burger will shrink during cooking.

Season to your liking....myself I use a combo of Seasoned salt, black and Cayenne pepper.

Favorite SWEET bbq sauce. So for example, sweet baby ray's original bbq sauce, though I'd submit there is better out there...but your favorite is the important thing.

de-acidified apple cider vinegar (I use roundy's)---don't worry, though it's vinegar, it doesn't add a vinergary flavor. It's to add a fruity sweetness to the usually heavy/tangier bbq sauces.

Mix in a small mixing bowl 9 parts BBQ sauce to 1 part apple cider vinegar. Too much vinegar added, and the mix is too watery to grill effectively.

Okay, now:

Grill one side of the burger to your liking, already seasoned. Turn.

After it's turned, use a brush or spoon to spread the bbq/apple cider mix on the cooked side of the burger.

After about 4-5 minutes cooking on higher grill heat, flip the burger again. The bbq side has now carmelized a bit, and flipping it will sear it to a firmer texture.

Now spread BBQ mix on the topside of the burger patty...cook for another minute or two.

Serve on favorite bun. Can serve plain or with any combo of cheese, lettuce, mayo. Ketchup/mustard/more bbq sauce doesn't typically work well with this type of burger.

EDIT: Actually, yellow mustard might work quite well with this combo...

Enjoy a unique tasting and authentically Backyard bbq burger.

----I have to give credit to my dad for this recipe...though he says I grill a better burger, he's the one that developed this unique combination of sauce/apple cider vinegar and cooking it straight on the burger.