PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Never Forget

nismodave
09-11-2010, 09:19 AM
1lKZqqSI9-s

Car Guy
09-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Thank you for posting this video Dave. We must NEVER forget what happened that fateful day.....

stenchmiester
09-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I also would like to extend a thank you to those who have fought or are currently fighting for our freedom. Freedom does not come free

noeggs4u
09-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Thank you to all who have served.

TheRX7Project
09-11-2010, 10:59 AM
As stated above, THANK YOU to our troops wherever in the world you are. Your selfless gift to our nation deserves nothing but the utmost gratitude of your fellow countrymen.

We must never forget the day the world changed forever. Not only here but everywhere. Don't forget the brave souls who took down the 4th plane, giving their own lives to save who knows how many more.

Todd Z
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Remember in the days and weeks following how united everybody was. You didn't care if somebody was rebublican, democrat, rich or poor we were all Americans and united. Everybody needs to never forget because if we do it can and likely would happen again.

Thank you to all our troops, fire fighters, police officers, medical people and volunteers that helped.

flyin_blue_egg
09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I still remember exactly where I was in school when we found out it happened. WE MUST NEVER FORGET.

b4mytm
09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for posting that Dave.
Never Forget...

Yooformula
09-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Never forget doesnt mean on just this day...it means everytime you vote in someone that wants to cut back our military or take a pussy approach to known terrrorists, everytime you allow a politician to attempt to remove our rights to bear arms, everytime you allow political correctness to keep you from opening your mouth when you see something wrong, or better yet thinking that it didnt happen here so its not that bad... It means never forgetting it EVERYDAY.

Thank you to all our troops, fire fighters, police officers, medical people and volunteers that risked their lives to help. God Bless ALL those that died and their families.

CATNHAT
09-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Never forget doesnt mean on just this day...it means everytime you vote in someone that wants to cut back our military or take a pussy approach to known terrrorists, everytime you allow a politician to attempt to remove our rights to bear arms, everytime you allow political correctness to keep you from opening your mouth when you see something wrong, or better yet thinking that it didnt happen here so its not that bad... It means never forgetting it EVERYDAY.

Thank you to all our troops, fire fighters, police officers, medical people and volunteers that risked their lives to help. God Bless ALL those that died and their families.

Amen Brother.

Neal Steffek
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
How come people go all nuts on 9/11 but not 12/7? I never understood that.

nismodave
09-11-2010, 01:48 PM

I realise how big of a tragedy was 12/7 also, but was not around when it happened.

Stop trying to turn this thread into something else.

Neal Steffek
09-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I realise how big of a tragedy was 12/7 also, but was not around when it happened.

Stop trying to turn this thread into something else.

I am not, just kinda weird that an attack on America that led us into a world war gets little no nothing in the media but 9/11 people still go crazy for. Kinda makes me sick.

som2002
09-11-2010, 01:57 PM
i also would like to extend a thank you to those who have fought or are currently fighting for our freedom. Freedom does not come free

ditto!

Prince Valiant
09-11-2010, 03:13 PM
I think the hardest thing to watch is the public's reaction to it...people who aren't trained to speak with as little emotion as possible as the anchor's who were watching it unfold on the screen from afar...but people who were right there as it happened.

To answer the question of why it affects so many more than 12/7 is yes, proximity of time and place...most all of us watched it live and on TV. We didn't read it on a headline the day after the fact, or heard it covered on the radio that night as most did w/ pearl harbor.

2006wrxtr
09-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah I was a E3 in the Navy Working on a hh-15 seahawk when we heard the news on the radio. 2 days later I'm on the USS George Washington,
in New York and our squadron is doing search and rescue support Ops.

Yooformula
09-11-2010, 04:03 PM

SERIOUSLY? Umm lets see why a tragedy that took place a few years ago still stings vs one that took place DECADES ago...Probably because 9/11 happened on US soil right in our backyard not off on a military base thousands of miles away from the public. 9/11 killed CIVILIANS not military personnel that assume a certain amount of risk. 9/11 occurred RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR EYES!! So ALOT of us could watch our friends and family die or get hurt. 9/11 impacted a major US city and left a large chunk of it buried under debris and chaos for months/years!

maybe neal bury your head up your ass and remember another day that so many innocent CIVILIAN friends and family members died on and let the rest of us remember THIS tragedy.:flipoff2: That kind of complacency is the reason why shit like this could occur.....because so easy you FORGET!

Neal Steffek
09-11-2010, 04:13 PM
SERIOUSLY? Umm lets see why a tragedy that took place a few years ago still stings vs one that took place DECADES ago...Probably because 9/11 happened on US soil right in our backyard not off on a military base thousands of miles away from the public. 9/11 killed CIVILIANS not military personnel that assume a certain amount of risk. 9/11 occurred RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR EYES!! So ALOT of us could watch our friends and family die or get hurt. 9/11 impacted a major US city and left a large chunk of it buried under debris and chaos for months/years!

maybe neal bury your head up your ass and remember another day that so many innocent CIVILIAN friends and family members died on and let the rest of us remember THIS tragedy.:flipoff2: That kind of complacency is the reason why shit like this could occur.....because so easy you FORGET!

Awesome to hear you don't care if someone in the military is killed, and that their life is some how worth less then other people, WTF man? Really?

Good to hear you care more about what happens in some states more then others. Shouldnt matter where it happens in the USA, and attack on us sucks big time. Do you not care that the pentagon was hit and people there died becasue they worked at a milatary building? Man thats messed up.

Yooformula
09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Awesome to hear you don't care if someone in the military is killed, and that their life is some how worth less then other people, WTF man? Really?

Good to hear you care more about what happens in some states more then others. Shouldnt matter where it happens in the USA, and attack on us sucks big time. Do you not care that the pentagon was hit and people there died becasue they worked at a milatary building? Man thats messed up.

Did I say that I dont care about military personnel being in harm's way? Dammit I better tell my brother stand in the line of fire when he ships out and to not watch his ass. Ftr, there is a big difference between the risk you accept by joining the military vs being a civilian going to work on a nice fall day! When my father signed up to be a translator for the US MARINES he understood this same principle and accepted it. But someone going to work at the WTC/PC shouldn't have to expect to get bombed on US soil.

And for the fucking record....did the pentagon get hit on 9/11 or was that another day? Because this thread is about 9/11 and ALL of the events covering it. Go stir a pot elsewhere after you pull your head out of your ass.

Neal Steffek
09-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Did I say that I dont care about military personnel being in harm's way? Dammit I better tell my brother stand in the line of fire when he ships out and to not watch his ass. There is a difference between the risk you accept by joining the military vs being a civilian going to work on a nice fall day! And for the fucking record....did the pentagon get hit on 9/11 or was that another day? Because this thread is about 9/11 and ALL of the events covering it. Go stir a pot elsewhere after you pull your head out of your ass.

Man those are your words not mine. Stop trying to make me out as the bad guy becasue I want 12/7 to remembered like 9/11 is. And for the record, civilians were killed during the attack on Pear Harbor also.

Yooformula
09-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Man those are your words not mine. Stop trying to make me out as the bad guy becasue I want 12/7 to remembered like 9/11 is. And for the record, civilians were killed during the attack on Pear Harbor also.

People do remember 12/7 like most of us still do ON 12/7 NOT 9/11! FTR, yes civilians were killed during the pearl harbor bombing....57 of them vs the 2977 on 9/11!! The big difference again being that some of us had family and friends there and got to watch it occur live not decades later!

Pearl Harbor casualties
2,402 military killed
57 civilians killed
Total 2459

NYC 9/11 casualties
World Trade Center - 2,606
American 11 - 87
United 175 - 60
Pentagon 125
American 77 - 59
Shanksville United 93 - 40
Total 2,977

Neal Steffek
09-11-2010, 05:32 PM
People do remember 12/7 like most of us still do ON 12/7 NOT 9/11! FTR, yes civilians were killed during the pearl harbor bombing....57 of them vs the 2977 on 9/11!! The big difference again being that some of us had family and friends there and got to watch it occur live not decades later!

Pearl Harbor casualties
2,402 military killed
57 civilians killed
Total 2459

NYC 9/11 casualties
World Trade Center - 2,606
American 11 - 87
United 175 - 60
Pentagon 125
American 77 - 59
Shanksville United 93 - 40
Total 2,977

Problem is that on 12/7 the media hype is at 0. Yes, you may see the history channle do a documentry on it, but No sporting events, web sites, or anything else goes nuts for it like 9/11. everyone says never forget about 9/11, but if they put that much effort into trying to remember what happened at Pear Harbor 9/11 may not have happened.

(by that I mean keeping eyes open for an attack on our soil.)

What I also hate is that when we got bombed, we entered war with Japan the very next day. 9 years later we are still pussy footing around what happeened to us. :fire

Got Boost
09-12-2010, 12:33 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3eQmzw6n3k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3eQmzw6n3k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> Neat video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k&feature=player_embedded

2006wrxtr
09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
A video from the USS GW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7thGDkDNZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-uVOzCDK8

GHOSST
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3eQmzw6n3k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J3eQmzw6n3k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>Neat video...

google html. :thumbsup.