PDA

View Full Version : Garage Builders

Quick96ss
09-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Iam looking to put up another garage on my property! I would pour the concrete slab for it! I'am wondering if there was any reasonable place that would build it! I looked at Menards and found some garages i liked but they have to built and right now i really dont have the time.
Thanks

Firefighter Z
09-07-2010, 01:54 PM
My Dad built his own garage, practically the size of an small barn...

He's not a Contractor/ Licensed but he does home improvements and renovations he also guarantees his work.

He lives in the U.P. so they only license for certain things.

I don't know how Wisconsin works so... But he is looking for work since it's kinda been slow in the U.P., he has 30 years experience, he was a Professional roofer and sider but now he does everything.

PM' ME if you want more info.

jbiscuit
09-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Menards can usually give you some local contractor's names on sheets if you ask in the building materials area. Otherwise get some friends together and knock out the framing/sheathing in a weekend. Not that hard to frame a garage

Anakonda69
09-07-2010, 08:17 PM
classic builders. they rebuilt my garage at my previous house after the fire and did an awesome job.

Russ Jerome
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I work on classic builders trucks, I think all they do is garages so they may be a good value dollar wise?

Slow Joe
09-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Otherwise get some friends together and knock out the framing/sheathing in a weekend. Not that hard to frame a garage

I agree with this... Just make sure you pull the right permits, and lay proper footing...

hrsp
09-23-2010, 11:58 PM
i agree with this... Just make sure you pull the right permits, and lay proper footing...

very important to get proper permits!!!!