PDA

View Full Version : Retro Camaro Builds

Arigmaster
09-05-2010, 11:32 PM
I have been watching for a couple opportunities to upgrade my daily driver by purchasing a rebuildable crash car/truck/SUV and ran across this company out of London Kentucky.

It appears that they are retro-fitting late 90's to '01 Camaros with vintage parts to create retroclassics and then selling them. They actually look pretty sharp but I have to wonder because at the end of the day they are still a used car. I realize many hours go into these but is it really worth the price?

http://www.londonautosales.com/index.php?fn=catalog.search&cat=MUSCLE%20CARS

http://www.londonautosales.com/index.php?fn=catalog.detail&pid=BARRETT%20JACKSON

These cars range from 55K to 65K based on the package but still... The newest one is still an '01. I have to wonder if Insurance companies would even touch these cars for the purchase price?

GHOSST
09-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Hell no, I wouldn't spend the money on that crap. They look horrible, clean as ever, but somewhat offensive. Worse then the 01/04+ Mustang that haunts the eyes of some BCM'ers.

pjturkey
09-06-2010, 04:05 AM
I would think that as long as you have it appraised at that value by a liscenced appraiser, they'll ensure it for whatever it's appraised at....assuming you show a bill of sale to the appraiser, you'll get what you paid for it.

xFullThrottlex
09-06-2010, 06:22 AM
i think they are pretty neat but for $55k you could get a badass 69 camaro

GTSLOW
09-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I've seen these before. They just look weird with the wind shield.

TheRX7Project
09-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Hell for $55k you can build a brand new '69 Camaro, however the hell you want it... a brand new Dynacorn body shell is $13k. Hell, buy the Dynacorn shell and a wrecked 4th gen and you could put together a pretty sweet car for probably $25k

95mustang302
09-06-2010, 08:53 AM
NO, and god those are ugly, they just don't look right...

BoosTT
09-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Kinda cool. I wouldn't spend $60k on it though.

Crawlin
09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
FUCK THAT.

I agree, they look kinda cool That black with white strip convertible is sweet.

But in reality, like you said, it's still a used car and a VERY select market that after a year of ownership I'd be you'd be hard pressed to get 50% of what you paid.

You'd be MUCH better off buying one of those crate bodies for $13,500 and doing it the way YOU like it and have it be an all steel, real '69 camaro that is a kit car but all new parts. I'd be you would have the same money into it, but the resale on it would be better than anything else.