PDA

View Full Version : Starting Issues

Silver350
09-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Well the Beast is starting pretty rough. It sounds like the starter is going. Although I took it to Advance Auto Parts and they say the battery, Alternator, and the starter test out good. But it is making a ear peircing Grinding noise when it is trying to start. Once she starts all is quiet again. I was thinking about doing this repair myself however I am having a hard time finding it. Anyone know were the starter is located on a 2007 GMC Sierra NNBS?

Ricky Bobby
09-05-2010, 05:30 PM
scott is it like its missing teeth on the flywheel or does it crank and make the sound? and i believe the starter is on the pass side by the back side of motor shouldnt be to bad if u wanna tackle it i got time tues and tools u can use here

Silver350
09-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Well the truck makes sound. I am not sure if the fly wheel is missing teeth or not. Judging by all the noise it makes when it starts I am guessing that they are all there. My truck wont start now. Makes a lot of grinding noise and starts to turn over but its so loud I just turn the ignition off. I am going to get the part tomorrow and my neighbor is going to assist me with the install. He is a mechanic.

Silver350
09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Replaced the starter today. Everything works like a champ.

Ricky Bobby
09-06-2010, 07:43 PM
:thumbsup