PDA

View Full Version : Road America drive for babies

Drivinhard
09-05-2010, 05:28 AM
I signed up for this event, this will be my first event like this. Does anyone have any pointers on car setup, maintenance or what to bring to this event? I'm sure some one here has be to this or is going to this, how is the event?
Right after the event I plan on driving up and pitting for my buddy who is running in LSPR rally, if my car is fine after friday.

02subbieRS
09-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I was thinking about signing up for this. I'd need to source myself a helmet though.....

Todd Z
09-05-2010, 02:06 PM
TRAFFIC! Great event because ALL of the money does go to charity. If you are looking for clean laps you will probably not get them.

02subbieRS
09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm looking more for getting on a circuit and getting in some decent seat time.

Todd Z
09-06-2010, 11:50 AM
You can call me, 414-350-6303. Drive for babies is not a good event for learning. I do suggest going simply because the money goes to charity.

Badger Bimmers is the best upcoming event for good seat time with a quality instructor.

Drivinhard
09-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the replies, I had signed up for the drive for babies a couple of months ago already. I hope I woun't be disappointed. I don't know if I can make the one in early october, otherwise would the fbody event be ok for a novice to the track, it will be after I do the drive for babies. Or is it for more experienced drivers with higher powered cars, I will be rocking a first gen neon acr. I was going to take that incase something happens to it, I wouldn't be so p*ssed cause it is cheaper.

Todd Z
09-07-2010, 12:53 PM
F body is fine to run with. They have a variety of cars and will probably be lightly attended. Hope to see you there. I will be there but not sure if I will be running. Right now I have a total of eight track days scheduled in October. With Fbody being the last I might skip it but will still instruct.

team beater
09-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Mfba's is a great event for all levels. I had SSMike as my instructor in April and can not say enough about how well this event is put together. I attended last Oct with a buddy, ran my C4 for 1 day in April, and am registered for both days this Oct. It is a controlled environment making fun and SAFE for everyone. This event definitely has me hooked and will be looking forward to more events for next year.

SSmike1
09-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Next event is October 23 & 24 at Road America.
i will be there as an Instructor again! mfba.org

glad you liked it, i forgot your name! :rolf

Mfba's is a great event for all levels. I had SSMike as my instructor in April and can not say enough about how well this event is put together. I attended last Oct with a buddy, ran my C4 for 1 day in April, and am registered for both days this Oct. It is a controlled environment making fun and SAFE for everyone. This event definitely has me hooked and will be looking forward to more events for next year.

team beater
09-14-2010, 12:28 AM
^^^^^No sweat, Its Matt. See you there:)

SSmike1
09-17-2010, 08:36 PM
YES, MATT, hope to see you again! all the instructors are great, but if you do not like who you get assigned, let me know.

team beater
09-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Will do