PDA

View Full Version : Do not patronize radiatorexpress.com

cwi inspector
09-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Radiator express does not stand behind their warranty. I recently ordered a copper/brass consruction radiator from radiatorexpress.com fpr my 79 TA. They sent a radiator with plastic tanks. When I opened the box I immediately saw the plastic tanks and contacted them about the error. The radiator was not removed from the box or installed. I followed their instructions to return the radiator to them for a refund. The shipping cost of $22.44 was paid by me. Radiator express refuses to reimburse the shipping cost. This was their mistake not mine. Their warranty states the following: :fire

If Radiator Express has made a mistake on your order, we will replace it at no additional shipment cost to you, provided you have not already installed the item. (No prepaid returns are offered for previously installed items, for any reason)

Radiator Express Lifetime Limited Warranty
Our "Express Lifetime Warranty" applies to radiators sold in North American Markets. This Radiator Express warranty is provided for replacement radiators used in cars, light trucks, vans, and sport utility vehicles. For information on our other product warranties click here. Your RadiatorExpress.com radiator replacement is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle in which the radiator was originally installed. This warranty does not include labor of any kind and materials not furnished by Radiator Express or for any charges for such labor and materials*.

Warranty claims must be shipped back to a Radiator Express specified return location freight prepaid and accompanied by an RMA number. RMA numbers can be obtained by clicking the live-support logo on the left hand side of our homepage. Through this live-chat service, a RadiatorExpress.com support representative will initiate a claim, issue your RMA as well as provide you shipping instructions for your return. If you are in need of an immediate replacement for a pending claim, you are urged to place a new "temporary replacement" order via the website or by calling our sales staff 866-723-3977. CLICK HERE TO FILE A CLAIM NOW

This warranty does not apply to radiators that have failed from external corrosion, including salt air corrosion in coastal areas. This warranty does not apply if the vehicle in which the radiator was installed was used in commercial (fleet = 1 yr warranty), governmental, off-highway or racing applications*, or if the radiator installed was used as a component in another manufacturer's product. For more information, visit our : warranty stopper section.

If the radiator fails due to a defect in material or workmanship 30 days or more from official purchase date, the defective radiator is only valid for exchange and must be shipped on the customer's accord to the specified return center for inspection. If your radiator failure occurs within 30 days from receipt of your product you may opt for a cash back refund after you have properly shipped back your item and it has been properly inspected. Credits for cash back options can take from 2-6 weeks to properly post to your card.

*The replacement of the radiator shall be the sole and exclusive remedy to which RadiatorExpress.com is obligated and to which the original retail purchaser is entitled. RadiatorExpress.com shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages of any kind resulting from the order or use of its products. These damages include reimbursement of the original purchase price, loss of the use of the vehicle, loss of time or inconvenience, towing charges, rental of a replacement vehicle and any other special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.

This warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is not transferable. If the vehicle is sold, leased, or otherwise transferred the above Express Lifetime Warranty is void.

Please note that all returns are subject to inspection and that our lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects as described above and in our warranty stopper section. NOTE: We cannot warrant in any case an item that has been discontinued by Radiator Express or its chosen manufacturing company. If Radiator Express has made a mistake on your order, we will replace it at no additional shipment cost to you, provided you have not already installed the item. (No prepaid returns are offered for previously installed items, for any reason)

Also, items returned for reasons other than defect, damage, and or Radiator Express mistake are subject to a 20% service and restocking fee. If exchanged for a different item, the customer will only incur a 10% restock fee

All return items must be reported to Radiator Express within 5 days of delivery to be eligible for return/exchange.
Defective claims over 30 days from purchase date, are valid for exchange or store credit only. For specific details on return procedures visit the terms and conditions page. To file an RMA claim, you may click the file a claim link on this page when ready. Do not attempt to call the sales office to file claim. Do not file a claim before you are ready to return an item. Items not received within 30 days from claim are voided with no option of extension or re-opening.

Yooformula
09-04-2010, 11:15 PM
ok...........:confused well that sucks, call your credit card company and try a dispute I guess...thanks for the heads up though:thumbsup

Silver03SRT
09-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Call the BBB and your CC company and dispute the charge.

0TransAm0
09-05-2010, 09:42 AM
ummm... welcome to bcm???

GTSLOW
09-05-2010, 09:53 AM
This thread contains fail. This guy probably lives no where near milwaukee or wisconsin.

Yooformula
09-05-2010, 10:55 AM
This thread contains fail. This guy probably lives no where near milwaukee or wisconsin.

Illinois.