PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

fastenhard
09-04-2010, 11:26 AM
What do you guys think about this car? You think the price is to high?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1933158487.html

JC70SS
09-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Well let's just say i sold my procharged WS6 that had better parts than this for $18K. Yes this does have a 383, but still. And it beats R1 sport bikes at490rwhp:rolf

I would say this is a low, low $20k car.

fastenhard
09-04-2010, 05:23 PM
It dose say 490 at 6 psi with no alcohol and other dyno at 8 psi and clogged cats 536RWHP. So with no cats how knows. But I have seen this first hand. It was tune at west bend with the clogged cats. Thats where it got the 536WHP. Im selling it for some one and trying to find a price to put out there. I saw a 2000 S/C c5 on CR and all it had was a procharger. There was nothing major done to the motor and he was selling it for 25k. Just trying to see what people think. If some one came to me with 22k cash they could have it.

GTSLOW
09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Ill take a stock low mile c5 z06 before that. Probably cheaper too.

Rocket Power
09-04-2010, 06:17 PM
2000 triple black C5 Corvette convertible 33k miles built in 2001 :confused:confused:confused

A 2000 car built in 2001, wouldn't it be an 01 or 02?

84hurst
09-04-2010, 08:02 PM
:confused:confused:confused

A 2000 car built in 2001, wouldn't it be an 01 or 02?

I'm guessing he's referring to the motor being built in 2001.

If I would build a vette it certainly wouldn't be a convertible automatic.

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 09:50 AM
This vette was bought built. Its been in WI for 4 years. It is one of the first 5 2000 c5s built with a supercharger. Do have all the paper work from the shop in chi town. It took them a year to build it. Its a proto type and every thing is custom. This was not a kit you could buy. All the brackets are custom built. Heads where custom ported, valves where reground, Custom cam. Even the pump for the IC is from a RV lol. With the price of the car theres been about $150,000 put in to it. Now dont get your panties in a bunch, that is 10 years of time and every thing is hand built.

The only thing stopping it from reaching 1000bhp is the fuel lines. The stock one is just to small to push enough fuel up. I could see it hitting over 600whp with the right tune. It was just BS that it was tune with clogged cats and MR forest tuned it. The first few runs there was no alchol in the tank. And when we got it back the boostapump was turned all the way down.

As it being an auto, look up the trans it has in it. You your self couldnt shift faster then it if you life depended on it. With 3:73 gears just try to run first gear with out smoking the tires or hitting the limiter with a stick. This auto would get you a better 1/4 mile time hands down.

Now for it being a convertible, I just dont know why you would say that. Convertibles are structerly stronger. Meaning it has less twist in the body. It is a corvette not a miata. The factory beefed up every thing so you can have the same specs as a hard top. The only down fall is if you flip it your head comes off. But all you have to do is put in the U roll bar over the seats and your head is saved lol. You flip it any way your in trubole.

Now with some more info what do you think. I just cant see it going for under 20k. With all papper work for every thing ever done to it. I see some people selling s/c c5s for 45k with have the work. I dont know maybe the year is just to old.

PureSound15
09-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I think the c6s prices coming down are obviously crushing the c5 prices. I still wouldn't pay more than 25k for that car.

other than it being a vert and auto, it's the car I'd buy if I were to buy a C5.

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
So you think asking 25k is what I should be offering.

WickedSix
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I think it'd be worth taking it to WBD and having Tom tune it so you could put up numbers that are real and so people KNOW for sure the tune is safe and spot on.

juicedimpss
09-07-2010, 10:18 AM
i think you would be best off having it re-tuned before the sale. It seems half-assed to sell it with a clogged-cat tune in it for that kind of $$$ IMO

treed by Pat

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 10:25 AM
You think a street tune would be better. Like some one with a laptop and tune it on the street.

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Then just do a few pulls for the numbers

WhatsADSM
09-07-2010, 11:03 AM
IMO I am a big fan of street tuning. However in your case if you are bringing it to a dyno anyways, especially one with a good load control (like the MD that West Bend Dyno has), you should just have it tuned at the dyno.

And yes I think it should be listed for ~25k.

CannotPost
09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I have seen the car first hand,(a year or so ago) it is top notch quailty and very fast!
Good luck with the sale.

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
The reason I say street tunning is that I think thats whats going to get the most out of her. Every time it gets tuned at a shop some thing gets fucked up. Its like they just dont give a shit and looks at it like another job. At least with a street tune its for the street and it would be some one that puts time into the tune it self. Then take it to west bend just for a few pulls. It would be cheaper too. Dont want to put more money into some thing that im just trying to sell. SO who can tune this thing for a far price? I think thats the best way around it.

SLOWC5
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
We can street tune it for you or PM Tom ( BADLS1 )

I'm sure if it was tuned at WBD it was Tom that tuned it or the " other " guy that is not there anymore

PureSound15
09-07-2010, 02:07 PM
We can street tune it for you or PM Tom ( BADLS1 )

I'm sure if it was tuned at WBD it was Tom that tuned it or the " other " guy that is not there anymore

Lol, so... Without question, it should be retuned asap if it was not tuned by Tom.

SLOWC5
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Lol, so... Without question, it should be retuned asap if it was not tuned by Tom.

Yeah if it was touched by " guy " god help us

JEFF

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
So I was talking and reading and found out that the last tune was not buy "guy". It was tuned at 536whp by "guy" with clogged cats at 8psi. Last year it was detuned at 490whp by speed incorpret in IL. A mild tune with no alcohol at 6psi. That is with out the cats. So no need to retune. Theres just to much papper work and didnt see it.

Should I even post up the other dyno tunes in the sale or just the latest one. It is tuned, just a more streetable tune. What do you guys think I should do to sell this thing.

SLOWC5
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
I think $29K is high for the car. Low miles yes, but the fact that its essentially a off the shelf Vortech kit doesn't help. All the Centri Blower vette companies make and sell large front mount Air/Air intercoolers now with the kits, the " vortech "aftercooler" just isn't as desirable.

22-24K would be max imo

Jeff

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Thats what I was thinking. The only reason I put 29k is that its on CR. Right off the bat people like to take off 5k with out seeing the car. But the lowest ill go is 20k. Ill post it agian at 25k with the right info this time. Maybe ill get some where then lol. thanks for the help.

GTSLOW
09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Doesn't surprise me that forest would tune a car needing mechanical maintenance (I.E. clogged cats).

As it being an auto, look up the trans it has in it. You your self couldnt shift faster then it if you life depended on it. With 3:73 gears just try to run first gear with out smoking the tires or hitting the limiter with a stick. This auto would get you a better 1/4 mile time hands down.

Now for it being a convertible, I just dont know why you would say that. Convertibles are structerly stronger. Meaning it has less twist in the body. It is a corvette not a miata. The factory beefed up every thing so you can have the same specs as a hard top.

No need to explain all that to us. People were just giving you their opinions and what not.

fastenhard
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
yup, they werent just clogged they fell apart. They where high flow cats, the honeycom in side detached itself from the housing. So it was blocking all flow and still made 536whp. We still have the cats for shits and giggles. But yup what a butt hole. The EGTs had to be high as hell.

As it being auto, it sounded like he was putting it down as it wasnt good enough. We all know manuals are so much funner but not all ways the best.