PDA

View Full Version : 69 Charger Body on 09 Frame ?

Arigmaster
09-04-2010, 08:22 AM
I still haunt the Charger community even though mine is long gone but I ran across this thread some time ago and wanted to share it. It's an interesting concept but DAMN! it looks like lots of work. (lots of pictures)

http://mopar5150.com/68charger.html

I've got to think there would be an easier way to do this...

Yooformula
09-04-2010, 09:15 AM
the tv show west coast customs or street customs did one just like that for one of the members of CSI a couple of years ago. came out awesome too!

TheRX7Project
09-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I'd imagine if the wheelbases were close enough this wouldn't be so bad. My dad put my old '53 Studebaker on top of 2x 4th gen Camaro chassis. The Stude had a longer wheelbase so he had to use two floors, cut a little longer than in half. As far as I know my uncle still has the car, yet uncompleted (needs interior finished, and bodywork and paint). The car is pretty quick (SS drivetrain).

My point is that this is completely doable and as long as you have the tools and a place to do it, probably not as bad as you'd think.

Arigmaster
09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
I ran across the snippetts from the show you wrere talking about Yoo... I think they used a regular Charger for that conversion as opposed to the Magnum. in both cases they had issues with wheel base and the firewall conversion/fabrication. Given the amount of hours I would think that it would take less time using after market suspension upgrades and then dropping the drive trane and electronics into a solid Charger body. (Interior too)

Mike440SB
09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
^ Agreed, its a neat concept, but with all the new technology for older frames like Magnum force or XV concepts, it would seem easier to make an the older B body work with modern technology. I still give those guys a lot of respect because the car came out flawlessly.

Mike

Bliz35
10-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I watched that episode, it was West Coast Customs. Came out looking pretty nice.

GTSLOW
10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Looks good! Dunno the Torque thrusts are played out....