PDA

View Full Version : Seller/buyer ratings or some sort of feedback section.

HITMAN
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I think this would be a good idea so that BCM members can see who they are dealing with in terms of how many things someone has sold and how happy members are with how the details of the sale went down. Caveat Emptor, but a heads up from some past customers can't hurt. Information is king...

0TransAm0
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
agreed.

Josepy
09-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I think this would be a good idea so that BCM members can see who they are dealing with in terms of how many things someone has sold and how happy members are with how the details of the sale went down. Caveat Emptor, but a heads up from some past customers can't hurt. Information is king...

I am guessing someone on here has not given you what you purchased from them? Who is it?

HITMAN
09-03-2010, 10:59 PM
I am guessing someone on here has not given you what you purchased from them? Who is it?

What or whom I may or may not having an issue with is really not pertinent to this particular thread, as it is being handled elsewhere. I just think that for future business dealings between members on BCM it would be a good idea based on what I've seen on other forums I visit. It's a really helpful feature when you're trying to figure out whether or not you want to do business with someone.

Josepy
09-03-2010, 11:06 PM
What or whom I may or may not having an issue with is really not pertinent to this particular thread, as it is being handled elsewhere. I just think that for future business dealings between members on BCM it would be a good idea based on what I've seen on other forums I visit. It's a really helpful feature when you're trying to figure out whether or not you want to do business with someone.

Easy killer. Just put 2 and 2 together. I do not think a section like that will happen even though I would be for it.

GTSLOW
09-04-2010, 12:21 AM
as it is being handled elsewhere.

Share details plz.

theavenger333
09-04-2010, 10:27 AM
if the section does exist, i'd say we should keep it private, and we, the mods can put the complaints in there. if we see a trend, or something that goes wrong, no more selling privlidges for that person. a public thread would turn into a shitpile in 4 posts

Yooformula
09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Easy killer. Just put 2 and 2 together. I do not think a section like that will happen even though I would be for it.

it could if we get some ideas to keep it civil.

Share details plz.
:fireif he wanted to share, he would have posted it dammit!:punch::chair::loser:goof

if the section does exist, i'd say we should keep it private, and we, the mods can put the complaints in there. if we see a trend, or something that goes wrong, no more selling privlidges for that person. a public thread would turn into a shitpile in 4 posts

good point.

hrsp
09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
im all for it as well...like others have said info is king..but people still make threads about the deals they have done with people on here and we also make threads about being happy with work done by people...example tom and yoo come to mind..

03CVLX
09-09-2010, 06:44 PM
We have a forum like this on my crown vic site. Basically the way it is laid out. is the thread title is formatted like this.

03CVLX-From Buyer-Excellent, good, poor, or whatever rating system you want to use. The thread creator should obviously be the buyer. or vice versa if the feedback is left from the seller about the buyer. Then in the thread itself you basically say something about the sale.

The forum is fully moderated so that each post is pre-approved by a moderator before being posted for all to see. I suppose the thread could also be locked upon being approved to prevent any arguments breaking out. If there are constant problems with a certain member that person is banned from posting in the for sale or wanted forums only.

I would link you to the forum, but it is only visible to members who are registered and logged in.

Just a basic idea, but I could see it being a good idea. I don't like the idea of it being private for only mods to see, because if a problem ever arises it could very well be way to late in some cases.