PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee economy question

Mike440SB
09-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Hey guys

I'm just wondering what is the economy looking like in Milwaukee these days? A lot of the midwest cities are having a hell of a time. I just got back from visiting central Ohio and things were looking better, but Cleveland and Cincy were pretty bad. Detroit sounds like its about ready to sink into a war zone and is awful! I'm just wondering how you guys are weathering it in the brew city?

Mike

Korndogg
09-03-2010, 12:06 AM
It sucks. At least in my line of work.

pOrk
09-03-2010, 05:04 AM
The lawn mower / agriculture machine buisness seems to be booming, I've been working 10 hours a day every day for a few weeks now

BR3W CITY
09-03-2010, 07:27 AM
hvac as a whole is doing alright, although certain trades like sheetmetal still seem a bit slow.
Freelance street pharmacy has enjoyed a continuous incline as well.

awsomeears
09-03-2010, 07:32 AM
hvac as a whole is doing alright, although certain trades like sheetmetal still seem a bit slow.

Not to get off track but where do you work ?

I'm in HVAC residential and this year was Great !!!

From the heat and floods we were able to keep 1 full install crew busy almost every day and when the floods hit had to spark another crew up. Service and Tune ups for me were and are non-stop as well my other co-worker service has been non stop, its starting to slow down now because the seasons are going to change but that is Normal ....

All my other buddy's and family are doing great in the line of work

Mike440SB
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM

LOL, its funny how that works!

Mike

animal
09-03-2010, 09:18 AM
It's an awesome economy... if you're part of the gov't tax machine :)

WickedSix
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I work for the war machine so business is good.

Korndogg
09-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Not to get off track but where do you work ?

I'm in HVAC residential and this year was Great !!!

From the heat and floods we were able to keep 1 full install crew busy almost every day and when the floods hit had to spark another crew up. Service and Tune ups for me were and are non-stop as well my other co-worker service has been non stop, its starting to slow down now because the seasons are going to change but that is Normal ....

All my other buddy's and family are doing great in the line of work

I should have specified, Residential and light commercial is doing great. :rolf

Everything else sucks.. :goof

(Im a steamfitter btw)

TheRX7Project
09-03-2010, 11:42 AM
It's busy as hell at my job, however that is due to us buying out another company and shutting them down (keeping their work).

jbiscuit
09-03-2010, 11:52 AM
been busy as hell but you wouldn't know it by my paycheck :(

DocDave
09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Going gangbusters where I work. Would make sense since they say industry is leading the economy right now, and we are a industrial systems engineering company.