PDA

View Full Version : Clients car running at RA

SlowMotion
09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2754/mk43708small1.th.jpg (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/mk43708small1.jpg/)

This is a pic of my clients car at Road America..vid is below of it running also....its his second time at the track with it and he said it was a blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cz3_lof8s8

VroomPshhTsi
09-02-2010, 10:47 PM
nice! always been a fan of those cars

WhatsADSM
09-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Your client's car the GTM? If so very cool car, I always threatened to actually build one but never really convinced myself to take on a project that big. I heard though with the newer version planned the body work will be much less (or almost nothing) and they are finally finding another source for the transmission.

Also looked like a pretty impressive car.. From the video looked like that lap was going to be somewhere in the high 2:20 :thumbsup

Whats the info on the build?

Yooformula
09-03-2010, 12:44 AM
sick car!

SlowMotion
09-03-2010, 05:20 AM
I know he mentioned a LS7 in the car making about just shy of 700hp to the wheels and the car being light as hell....they are almost dialed in with the suspension and the tranmission is on point now (had problems with it the first time to the track). The lap was a 2:29, he was thoroughly excited with the results. He mentioned he needed a driver mod and he would be even better, closer to low 20's...

shoooo32
09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
His line looked smooth. That's not the car or the track to go out and "show your buddies what this thing can do". No shame in taking it easy while sorting out a fresh build.

WhatsADSM
09-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I know he mentioned a LS7 in the car making about just shy of 700hp to the wheels and the car being light as hell....they are almost dialed in with the suspension and the tranmission is on point now (had problems with it the first time to the track). The lap was a 2:29, he was thoroughly excited with the results. He mentioned he needed a driver mod and he would be even better, closer to low 20's...

Cool car! Yea I would love to pilot one of those bad boys around.

Although I will admit not to sure it had 700 at the tire. Not only is that difficult to do (almost impossible) in an N/A LS7, but it didn't look to be pulling that much harder than my 500whp tune in a (just under) 3000lb car. The thing looks like it handles like its on rails though! :headbang

PureSound15
09-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd love to build one of those cars. I think the kit is 20k, and you'd probably put another 20k into it - but that's a lot of car for 40k!

Very cool to see someone run it, too.

WhatsADSM
09-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I'd love to build one of those cars. I think the kit is 20k, and you'd probably put another 20k into it - but that's a lot of car for 40k!

Very cool to see someone run it, too.

Yea I looked very long and hard at building this and was actually fairly close to actually pulling the trigger, but kind of glad I didn't.

With the current kit it is 20k for the kit and roughly another 15 to 20k in parts depending on how you source... And that is assuming a fairly normal LS1 maybe LS2 build. Also remember on top of that you need to pay for all the body work and paint so most people who are watching their money and doing most of the work themselves (except body work) end up in the end paying between 40k and 45k for a fairly basic build.

The big hitters in terms of time and money though are the body work and the Porsche G50 transmission. IMO if anyone is considering it, I would wait a bit and see if the 2nd generation ever pans out, like I mentioned I know they were talking about having better body molds, and re-designing a bit to allowfor a cheaper more commonly sourced US-made transmission. IMO if they remedy those 2 things the kit would be even more badass. Oh yea there is even mention of improving the interior which would definitely be a plus as the interiors of most kit cars are "okay" at best.

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtm/updates/gentwotext.html

:thumbsup

Todd Z
09-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I seen the car at the BMW event last week. It is very sexy. Never did see him on track. I was running in the instructor group but did have students in the advanced group. The group he was running in.

His corners are still a bit sloppy but the car is very capable of low 2:20's. Jim in The Viper has thousands of miles at RA but the Viper is new and he was learning the car. That car is also easily a low 20's or high teens.

Does he planning on doing more events?

97z2801ss
09-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I seen that car on the freeway and wondered what the flip it was. on hwy 16 by wctc one morning super cool!

97z2801ss
09-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Ps: when Im done with school and have a decent job I will build one of these I think I fell in love........ Cheby v8 in a supercar, thats bad ass.

SlowMotion
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I will try and get more details on the build, engine, etc....from what I understand he had a great time driving it, so I am sure he will plan to be at more events with it. I originally saw it in the parking lot at work and was like WTF????? Agreed I fell in love also!!!