PDA

View Full Version : Shipping liquid in glass bottles......

Car Guy
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I need some input on how to best package 12-12oz. factory sealed glass bottles for a trip through the mail.....

05caddyext
08-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Go to grocery store and ask them for a wine bottle case. Ask them to look at them so you can get a really good fit from the case. Then get some bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts for the top of the case. I ship glass bottles all the time, never had an issue.

CarrotTop
08-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Go to grocery store and ask them for a wine bottle case. Ask them to look at them so you can get a really good fit from the case. Then get some bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts for the top of the case. I ship glass bottles all the time, never had an issue.

This

Or Bigger box wrap each bottle in layer or two of bubble wrap.

Then fill box with peanuts. Had bottles of glass with liquid inside shipped fine this way.

PureSound15
08-31-2010, 10:05 PM
I send my Spotted cow to Texas all the time - I buy walmart socks if I don't have bubble wrap, and pack them into a box.

It has worked 12-15 times so far without an issue.

GTSLOW
09-01-2010, 01:24 AM
I send my Spotted cow to Texas all the time - I buy walmart socks if I don't have bubble wrap, and pack them into a box.

It has worked 12-15 times so far without an issue.

Ahh god I love that shit. Got a 24pack in the fridge right now, stuffs super cheap when you buy it in town.

Car Guy
09-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the advice all. I grabbed a very sturdy 12-bottle wine box from Woodman's which was ideal. I placed two pieces of .5" pink wall insulation on the bottom, wrapped each bottle with bubble wrap, and placed two pieces of insulation on top. Besides beer the only thing I had to purchase was the bubble wrap for $5.....