PDA

View Full Version : ceramic coating

xFullThrottlex
08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey guys,

Not gunna lie I didn't search for this. I glanced over the sponsers forum but didn't see anyone who did ceramic coating. Has anyone had this done locally? I'm thinking about getting my headers coated if the price is right. If not i'll just take them off and spray them with hi temp paint again.
Any suggestions/output is appreciated!

BTW they are full size headers for a small block chevy. Thanks!

xFullThrottlex
08-30-2010, 09:47 PM
scratch that I did a seach and found that Hytec is the powder coater of choice... how are their rates? Does anyone know? Is the owner Mike on BCM? THANKS!

SilverHorse
08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Their website just talks about powder coating. How will that hold up on a header application? I am looking at doing the same thing except with motorcycle pipes.

I was going to take my pipes to classic coatings, but will now wait to see the outcome of this thread.

http://www.classiccoatings.com/

SilverHorse
08-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Their website just talks about powder coating.

Disregard, I was at the wrong website. Sorry.

ls1 ZZZ
08-31-2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.thomasnet.com/wisconsin/ceramic-coatings-15720204-1.html

try some of these places. i was looking for ceramic coating for my headers too but i ended up just using high temp primer and then high temp paint. they seem to be holding up pretty good

xFullThrottlex
08-31-2010, 04:20 PM
I just got a price quote from a local company that has a 1000* powdercoater (not ceramic) and the gentlemen quoted me at $250 for both headers... does this sound nuts to anybody else or is this about right?

Dr.Buick
08-31-2010, 04:28 PM
I just got a price quote from a local company that has a 1000* powdercoater (not ceramic) and the gentlemen quoted me at $250 for both headers... does this sound nuts to anybody else or is this about right?
NUTS with a captal NUTS classic coatings all i will use

xFullThrottlex
08-31-2010, 05:12 PM
^Thats what I figured

Gregor
08-31-2010, 05:14 PM
NUTS with a captal NUTS classic coatings all i will use

I have used classic in the past and have nothing but good things to say about them. Fast turn around.

Ceramic coating is more than a paint but a way to shed some unwanted heat from the under hood temps. And worth every penny.

xFullThrottlex
09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Just got a price quote from a reputable coater and he said $250
and another quote from an underground coater who said $225 and $50 more if I want the insides quoted