PDA

View Full Version : Rock Auto

Slow Joe
08-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Alright, I have to ask... Am I missing something here?

I applied the discount code. Chose the least expensive parts. But after shipping it costs more than buying the parts at advance... :stare

I have to be doing something wrong...

Not like I'm looking for "expensive parts" just some standard stuff for a '96 Altima. But still... It's $226 shipped through rock auto (after tax) and it's $220 from Advance (before tax)... And with Rock auto I have to wait. I have to be doing something wrong... lol

Al
08-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Alright, I have to ask... Am I missing something here?

I applied the discount code. Chose the least expensive parts. But after shipping it costs more than buying the parts at advance... :stare

I have to be doing something wrong...

Not like I'm looking for "expensive parts" just some standard stuff for a '96 Altima. But still... It's $226 shipped through rock auto (after tax) and it's $220 from Advance (before tax)... And with Rock auto I have to wait. I have to be doing something wrong... lol

What did you buy?

Also, I managed to get Advance Auto Parts to price match a Rock Auto radiator! That was $45 off a $155 radiator!

Rock Auto is the cheapest 90% of the time.

0TransAm0
08-21-2010, 08:08 AM
most of the time for me rock auto was cheeper WITHOUT shipping but once that was added it was a little cheeper or the same to just go get the stuff from advanced/vatozone...

Slow Joe
08-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends, End Links, Two Half Shafts...

I think the problem is that the ball joints, tie rod ends and end links are already cheap to start with no matter where you get 'em...

Oh and I made sure that they all shipped from the same place...