PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS Mike D and Team Bode !!!

wheelsofsteel
08-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Yesterday Bob Bode won his 1st career top fuel funny car Wally !!! For a racer that doesn't have a monster budget and races a partial season going into the land of the giants like team force and whoopin' everyones tail is AWESOME !!!

Mike D (whistlin six) is a great friend and a member not only of the BCM family...but Bob Bode's race crew. He doesn't the bottom end and shortblock amoung many other helpful duties but I will let him talk about that. Never the less i am MORE then positive that he is more then stoked about this milestone for the team. Unfortunately I missed a phone call from him yesterday afternoon and I am sure it was to scream and yell about how awesome it feels to win the race.

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATION Mike and Team Bode !!!

p.s. Mike, please tell me you took a pic for us with you holding the Wally?? :headbang

Daytonapacecar959
08-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Congrats. I had to record it last night so i'll make sure to watch it tonight to watch team Bode take down the giants:headbang

jbiscuit
08-16-2010, 09:04 AM
badass!

99 camaro
08-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Congrats Mike, all you guys deserve that win more than anyone! My wife and I were so pumped to see that win!

Crawlin
08-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Congrats!!!

MoCkiN U
08-16-2010, 06:31 PM
holy crap!! I wanna see a wally up close LOL

b4mytm
08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Congratulations!!!:thumbsup

WhatsADSM
08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Very cool. Congrats.

u_say_go
08-17-2010, 09:25 AM
so bummed I missed it! got goosebumps when I read you guys won! Congratulations!!!!!

wheelsofsteel
08-17-2010, 10:02 AM
so bummed I missed it! got goosebumps when I read you guys won! Congratulations!!!!!

I believe the eliminations are being re-aired @ 3am either tomorrow morning or Wednesday morning. Check your local listings.

scottie K
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Rich called me and told me they won......hahaaha

whistlin six
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks Brad for posting this, and thanks to everyone for the congrats.
Awesome awesome weekend for us! So proud of everyone on the crew for a flawless performance and proud of Bode for driving like a champ, beating Tasca on a holeshot.
It was like a huge blur on race day, going rounds and turning the car on pure adrenaline, we serviced it in 33 minutes according to Rich, complete teardown and rebuild. Mostly I'm happy for Bode, the guy who pays the bills, it brings me much pleasure to see him so happy.

I'll never forget this weekend as long as I live, and will be forever proud of the fact that I assembled the short block that won an nhra national event.
Doesn't get much better than that for me...

Thanks again!

noeggs4u
08-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Congrats on beating the big boys. Just showed them it does not take A big operation to win. Enjoy the victory.