PDA

View Full Version : 3 Gun

Rocket Power
08-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Anyone ever shot a 3 gun comp? Looks pretty fun, watched a couple episodes of 3 gun nation and some other gun shows that featured it.

Not sure if they have any matches around here.

HITMAN
08-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Never shot one, but I agree it sounds like fun. I don't know if they have them around here or not. Hmmm...

Russ Jerome
08-13-2010, 02:36 AM
From Milwaukee to Appleton there are 3 gun competitions, not something you could do and be competative but fun all the same. You will be shooting against $8000 Colts and $12000 dollars ARs with guys who live, sleep and breath guns. They seam to be a pretty open and cool bunch, wish my eyesight wasn't going away so fast.

Practical shooting and other single firearms is what I would love to see get up here. Set your AR up for various optics and fixxed sights, nothing you swap, your single firearm is equiped for all at the same time. One second your banging 16" iron targets at 500yards the next its close quarters open sight moving targets. You can use any single gun you want but remember its 300yrds or 3 yrds at any given time and you only use a single weapon, like survival shooting.

Russ Jerome
08-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Older link I have, met a few gun guys thru talking to one:
http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=66

Im all about a "Milwaukee pellet and BB rifle" comp to rid my yard of black birds and squirrels, 10 points a kill and all the beer you can drink.

HITMAN
08-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah I know what you mean about some of those mega-competitors. I've been watching a series on The History Channel called Top Shot. It's kind of like a Survivor style elimination show only cooler because even though some try to use politics and maneuvering to eliminate others, ultimately your skill makes or breaks you. But I digress. There is a guy on there named JJ Racaza who is REALLY FUCKING GOOD. I watched a couple of vids of him shooting IPSC on Jootoob and he is awesome. I'm a fair shot, but I wouldn't stand a chance against a guy like him unless I had a sponsorship and nothing but the time and money to shoot a couple of thousand rounds a week for the next year to even THINK about taking on someone like that. Alas, I'm not made of cash, so it's never going to happen. A realistic goal for a three gun shoot for me would probably be NOT taking last place. Beyond that, everything else would be gravy.

Rocket Power
08-13-2010, 12:46 PM
If I ever did it, it would be for fun not because I think I'm the best,cuz I'm not:rolf
I would be closest to the Heavy Metal class, since I have a pump shotgun with longer mag tube and a .308 semi rifle, and it would be a good excuse to buy a .45:rolf

Although it would be cheaper for me to shoot in a non-hm class ammo wise and use the AK:goof