PDA

View Full Version : I miss that car...

TheRX7Project
08-11-2010, 10:12 AM
We all have that one car we miss more than anything- the one we let go for all the wrong reasons. Maybe you had to sell it because you needed the money. Maybe you wanted something different. Maybe you hated the damn thing back then, but now you realize just how cool the car was.

For me, its my first car- a 1969 Bradley GT. This thing was sweet- it had the 1600cc Dual Port motor with a Weber carb setup and custom exhaust. I bought the thing for $500, not running and no brakes. A month later my dad and I had it running and driving. We put floors in it, got all the lights working. We replaced one of the window/t-tops that was broken (quite a chore- we had to trim it out of formed lexan!). It wasn't fast, but it handled like it was on rails and was a total blast to drive.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/ProjectFocusFast/bradley004.jpg

This is pretty much exactly what it looked like, sans the bumperettes and much less shiny.

I wish I still had this car. I wish I knew the VIN so I could look it up. I last sold it in 2001 because I needed the money- somehow I messed up on my taxes and thought I owed a bunch when in fact I was getting a return. It was sold in Fond Du Lac to a guy named Dan, who sold it a few months later to another guy who I don't know.

If anyone has any info on what happened to the car, or it's current whereabouts, that would be sweet! I'd love to get that thing back in my hands, or even just find out it's in good hands currently. Not like I need another project, really.

What car do you miss?

SmokinRAM114
08-11-2010, 10:23 AM
i had this for a year, sold it in spring. Imported from poland 92 vw golf GTD was a rare mechanical injected intercooled turbo diesel. Never was brought to the states in that configuration. It was going to need some body work soon so I decided to sell it before it got too bad.. Some guy in racine/kenosha bought it with no idea or care about its history, just wanted cuz it got 40+mpg.. if I could find it n get it back I would..

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs050.snc1/4462_124209961320_536981320_3156463_6089955_n.jpg

TraceDaddy
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
1992 F-250 4X4 with 351 and 5 speed. Extended cab and log box. White with sliver pinstripes. 3 inch lift with chrome rims and All Terrain tires. Matching cap. Beautiful truck. Two things happened. I left the Air Force at a time they were giving voluntary separation bonuses. They did not, however, withhold any taxes and I had a big bill at the end of the year. Plus I had an old garage where the doors slid side to side. The truck was so long I couldn't pull it in far enough to close the doors.

The last time I saw it was in Burlington. Sigh.

Al
08-11-2010, 12:24 PM
2001 Prelude SH. I had to sell it because of college. I guess it was a rare bird because I have probably seen only 5 just like it in the past 8 years.

Russ Jerome
08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I cant pin one down

1967 Catalina convert, 428/400, powder blue with white top.
1973 CJ5, glass boddied, 4", cage, ect ect.
1979 TA WS6, t-top, black, 36k original miles...
Top 3 I think...oh wait 1972 Travelall 1-ton, 392, 38's....

Rocket Power
08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
My first 64 Cutlass, it was gold with white top.Had I bought it a week earlier I could have had a complete parts car to go with it. A co-worker mentioned to me her boyfriend had the car and I asked if he wanted to sell it. Got it for $150. Someone before me had swapped a 350 Pontiac into it:puke:goof Just had a little bit of rust. Was storing it at a friends house and someone smashed out the windshield:fire At the time I didn't have a job or money to fix it. Was a runner and driver and could've been a nice car by now, since that was 1991, even I could get a car done in 19 years.lol

That was also the car that caused me to strike up a conversation to the person that would become my best friend, and who still is all these years later.:thumbsup

Deggy
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
It was never officially mine, but my Dad's 1972 Chevelle SS 454 clone. It was pea green with black stripes. Dad had to sell it in the divorce. Guy he sold it too was luckily a close friend. Unfortunately he painted it black with silver stripes. I got to drive the car one time after he sold it when I had my temps. Car would have been mine someday. :(

wheelsofsteel
08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
I would have to say my first car which happens to be the one that I learned how to drive in and also took (and passed) my drivers test with.
1986 ASC/McLaren Capri hatchback, white exterior, grey interior with orange accents. It was an 5.0 auto car. Just was a great driver.

Gregor
08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I had a 1993 Mustang Hatchback that I put a lot of work into. Should have never sold it. But I did to buy my '65 I see now that it and it was a bit of a mistake. But you live and learn. I don't have many pics of the car but I found the car domain site.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2487230

03Seville
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
my '95 Stealth... even though it was a base and had no power whatsoever it was fun as hell to drive...

needed the money at the time but now I wish I wouldve held onto it as I didnt get what it was worth to me anyway...

Red97GTP
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
I still miss my 97 GTP. It started needing a few things so I sold it and got my Maxima. Had I just kept it and put a little work into it I would still be driving it and not have another car payment.

srt4eh
08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
i miss my 98 Neon ACR. Mint black low mileage ACR that I bought cheap because it only ran on 2 cylinders (missing 1 spark plug and 1 injector unplugged). Needed cash for bills so I sold it :( I think I made up for it with my 95 ACR...but still....I liked that car

0TransAm0
08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
i had a 2000 chevy s10 stepside with a 4.3 v6. got it when i was in 11th grade. had the full exhaust done. CAI and lowered. with a nice sound system. had plans to put a blower on it but i traded it in instead.. wish i would have kept it and got the blower kit and bagged it.. who knows maybe i will pick up another one some day..

BAD LS1
08-11-2010, 07:07 PM
i had a 2000 chevy s10 stepside with a 4.3 v6. got it when i was in 11th grade. had the full exhaust done. CAI and lowered. with a nice sound system. had plans to put a blower on it but i traded it in instead.. wish i would have kept it and got the blower kit and bagged it.. who knows maybe i will pick up another one some day..

Heh i hada 99 S10 Xtreme in 12th grade and after grad i did end up putting edlebroke TES headers on it and a powerdyne blower. Promptly blew the ole 4.3 up hahah. Ripped it all off and got it covered under warranty.

BAD LS1
08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
My most missed car by far is my 2001 Camaro SS. That car helped ruin me for everything after that... Basically it made me realize i would not be happy with any car that was less than at least 600 RWHP. It was one of those deals where i got a great deal of cash for it and put the money to good use to get my family's finances in order for my daughter that was about to be born at the time. I reall do miss it, i will have some of equal or greater power level in the future. Something about driving a car that could be DD'ed easily that makes 750hp and 800 tq and knocked down 23mpg on pump gas 93 is pretty addictive.

STANMAN
08-11-2010, 07:22 PM
My SRT-4. Beating crotch rockets in a Neon was good times.:rolf

-stew-
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
My 79 powerwagon was tons of fun and ooozed 70's. And my 92 prelude was awesome because every body panel except the trunk lid was severly damaged from when it got rolled and it had tire doughnuts down the side from getting sideswiped by and Exursion. Interior was mint and aside from a few small wind leaks it drove like brand new. A very fun car to drive with some of the most comfortable seats I've sat in. Drove it two and a half years and made $500 on it when I sold it. Sold in less than an hour on craigslist.

Sprayaway Fox
08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
RX7 Was that car a blue or green color with some aluminum slots on it? There was one for sale in Plymouth by the Subway about 4 months back.

Mine would be My 97 S10. All it was was a Intake and a homemade hurst shifter and some AR Outlaws on it with traction bars and dual exhaust. The thing sounded like a V8 and everybody thought it was. Was the fastest truck in HS back then.

Tom, did you ever go to Fon Du Lac with that truck? I raced one one on a fondy highway and got beat with mine. It was a red S10 with blower and single exhaust out the back...Good times if it was:thumbsup

2nd. I really do miss my 69 Bu. Did everything, Discs brakes suspeniosn, interior. Sold it with a 427, nitrous all 4340, Hughes 400, and a 9 inch. Blue with silver stripes and 4'' cowl on cragars. Loaded it on the trailer to Wyoming and got choked up to the point where all I could muster was "Take care of her".

Silver86
08-11-2010, 08:26 PM
2004 Acura TSX

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/IMGP0246.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/IMGP0245.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/100_0366.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/tsxresize.jpg

good times in that car... if i could have it back... there would be no 2nd thoughts. :(

Reverend Cooper
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
my 1994 GT way to many cool things done to it to list

0TransAm0
08-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Heh i hada 99 S10 Xtreme in 12th grade and after grad i did end up putting edlebroke TES headers on it and a powerdyne blower. Promptly blew the ole 4.3 up hahah. Ripped it all off and got it covered under warranty.

nice.. thats pretty sweet that the warenty covered it :rolf

moels
08-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I miss this car and never should have gotten rid of it. Didn't have to, just thought at the time I didn't have time for it with kids and coaching.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs211.snc4/38876_450235952213_507497213_6297740_3535152_n.jpg

michelle
08-11-2010, 09:05 PM
^^ I agree.

michelle
08-11-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.officialshocal.com/convention/P7190280.JPG

'99 SHO. The thing was so spotless, especially the engine bay.

Prince Valiant
08-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I miss the valiant from which I'm named....

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad349/sweetroscoe/Valiant-2.jpg

Kind of wished I had kept it...so cheap, pretty quick, so fun.

Sold it three years ago now...he lived down in the racine area when he bought it, and has since moved out to the portland area when I had last talked to him...he actually drove the valiant towing a trailer :rolf

I asked him about the car ~ 2 months ago on moparts...his reply:
"Your old valiant got parted out about a year ago. I was not happy with the idle rpm oil pressure of the 360 so I pulled it and rebuild the motor...with a 4" crank and a roller cam! I did a bunch of other stuff (MSD 7AL2, scatter shield, rewired everything, rebuilt rear diff & trans, etc, etc.). We also welded a bunch of metal into the floors when I tied the frame together. With the same tires as you had on it (soaked in VHT) it would spin them in high gear at 70 mph. Anyhow, to make a long story short I put a 150 shot on the car and with a 3-stage timing control it was running 128mph [ :wooo ] with 1.8 second 60 foot times. 'Won lots of money with that car (I removed all of the stickers, modified the exhaust, etc). After all of that thrashing it was coming apart on me due to the massive rust issues. Long live WI salt. I pulled the drivetrain and all of the good parts and sent it to the crusher. After blowing up the rear end twice, breaking the trans, breaking the bellhousing, two driveshafts, and a bunch of other stuff I was tired of taking of taking rust baths."

That's pretty funny imo...128?!? Far better than I ever got out of it, lol....but I too was getting tired of getting up under the car, since everytime something broke, it resulted in being caked in this thick tar like substance...hated working on that car, lol. But do certainly miss it none-the-less.

Doc Brown
08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I miss my '70 Maverick. It was grabber green with black racing stripes, straight pipe exhaust, bare metal interior, and ran mid-13s on street tires in the 1/4 mile. It was never dyno'd so I couldn't even guess at the HP, but I do recall it would throw you back upon launch.

@ Sprayaway Fox: IIRC, his Bradley GT was maroon metal flake.

84hurst
08-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I can honestly say I don't really miss any of the cars I sold. Everything I've liked I've kept to this day. Although my rst may be getting sold to make room for yet another new toy. If it goes it will be dearly missed.

PB86MCSS
08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't really miss anything that I've sold either...I've kept what I liked. Then again the rest of my cars have all been beaters, lovable and trusty with good memories for most, but not missed for what they were.

hotshift13
08-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Hard question to answer, My 56 Chevy was hard to part with, but living on the eastside, and everyone screwing with it I sold it...

77 Toyota Celica & 73 Toyota Celica coupe. The 77 was my second car, the first one I ever painted by my self. I shaved it and slammed it and put a set of supra wheels and seats in it. The thing was a blast, then I blew the motor, Had a SBC and a 5 speed from a camaro, a crafty mexican a couple houses down, got it in and running. Actually saw it at the WOW show Two years ago, Painted yellow with some Centerlines on it. Didnt know the owner, but I'd bet anything it used to be my car...

Three Datsun 240z's one early 260z That I used to have, Traded, sold, Still have the roll bar out of the 260z in my 78 turbo Z.

A Datsun 510 73' with a 300z turbo motor that I sold to a friend, He wiped it out and totaled it. I still have the 432 badge off the front of it...

65' Chevelle SS, Some bondo in it but had a healthy 350 and a muncie trans, used to terrorize the Eastside with that one, Traded it for a CLEAN 64' Impalla on bags, too long to get into the garage, DOH, should have checked that out before I traded, had to sell it...

I've had, Last I counted 47 cars, and trucks, That including parts cars! I regret selling just about everything at one time or another. Thats why I have had My 78' Datsun Turbo car for 8 years, 4 motors, 3 transmissions, I lost track of how many rearends, halfshafts driveshafts, I actually couldn't find any more parts in salvage yards around here, Cause I bought them all. Thank you EBAY!!! So if I break the car, or it pisses me off, it goes into the corner with a carcover, so I don't have to look at it. When I get the Datsun Turbo bug, I go dig it out and start where I left off, Instead of from scratch.

outlawgibbs
08-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Yea this list could be long. Ive had well over 300 cars and trucks over the years and the few I really miss would be my 77 Corvette, 80 Monte Carlo, 87 Firebird, 71 Skylark, 92 Stealth RT and Id say most of all I sold last summer was my 70 Skylark convertible cloned to a GS.

Nix
08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
That Skylark is sexy. My brother had a '72 and he loved that thing it was just an awesome car.

The car I miss most by far is my '94 Z28.

It got repo'd (willingly gave it up) after I messed my back up and I ended up loosing everything.

If there was a way to keep it I would have but no dice.

We did see it some years back at Union Grove and it was beat to shit running mid 17's. When I had that thing itnwas pulling high 13's. Best I evergot out of her was a 13.7

That car was so simple and fun. It was red and had the red and black interior. I owned it for about 4 years and put about 60k on it.

Some day if I find one with the same interior and ttops I may have to buy it, just sayin'.

lordairgtar
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
This car I miss. I had the Dodge version, my Mom had the Plymouth.
http://imcdb.org/vehicle_21283-Plymouth-Turismo-1984.html
I had one like this when I bought it for 50 bucks and drove it to California
http://www.autabuy.com/ViewPhoto/?I=/Photos/338057_198000668_Original.jpg&ShowAdSense=1&K=1969%20BUICK%20SKYLARK%20SPECIAL%20DELUXE%202%20 DOOR
My pimp mobile I had when I lived in Cali, same time I had the Buick. Same bronze color.
http://info.detnews.com/pix/autos/2008/rmnovi08/73eldo.jpg

TheRX7Project
08-12-2010, 07:46 AM
RX7 Was that car a blue or green color with some aluminum slots on it? There was one for sale in Plymouth by the Subway about 4 months back.

No, it was still the original red heavy metalflake Gelcoat, although it did have the aluminum slots. I'd know it by the dashboard- it had a few modifications. Good looking out though!

I miss my '70 Maverick...

Gumby was a pretty cool car... I figured you'd post that.

BR3W CITY
08-12-2010, 07:51 AM
I had an extremely clean 97 RX-7 TII. It was bone stock and had been taken care of really well. I had tried to buy it a time or two, but the owner wouldn't lower his price to meet me in the middle (was like a difference of 300$, but i was a broke ass kid). My friend and gf finally hassled the owner enough while I was away at school, that when I came back he sold it to me. I drove it that summer and a little while after, but gas and insurance costs eventually made me sell.

Slow Joe
08-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Hrmm... This is really going to be interesting...

Out of everything... I really miss my '98 Wrangler the most... It was fun, simple... And took a beating...

A close second would be the '01 Stang though... LOTS of time invested in that car... And lots of abuse delt :rolf

BOSS LX
08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I miss my first mustang, my 1991 black on black LX. Should have never sold it!

And I also miss my "L"!

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9517/l3e1387d15a4e9c49b3a684.jpg (http://img820.imageshack.us/i/l3e1387d15a4e9c49b3a684.jpg/)

03Seville
08-12-2010, 11:44 PM
finally on my comp to get my pics...

the stealth that I couldnt miss more... this is the 1st year i had it... not alot changed except some interior work and swapped those hubcaps with the R/T rims...
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/tewig1/steath.jpg

Then my first STS... '92... This car never let me down... even on the coldest days it would start and drive right through the snow, even on the country ass roads i was living on lol
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/tewig1/92caddy3.jpg

Turbo-Triumph
08-13-2010, 02:25 PM
1991 Dodge Dynasty.

TheRX7Project
08-13-2010, 03:30 PM
1991 Dodge Dynasty.
The Nasty lol... that car was super clean though.