PDA

View Full Version : Funny story.

05caddyext
08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
So my house doesn't have air conditioning. I finally broke down and bought a window unit to try to cool down the bedroom at least. Get it home, of course it doesn't fit in the window opening because the dimensions on the box are for the unit itself, not the damn opening like on every other air conditioner I look at. Ok no problem, just took out the bottom window pane, its a double hung.

Funny part - (funny now anyway.) Set the air conditioner in the opening, close top window. All good. Turn around to grab side shades, turn back around, air conditioner gone. Fell out of second story window. Brand spakin new never even turned it on.

Worst part - it fell right on my gas meter. Not cool. WE-energies still here. 2 hours later. oops.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
bummer

Cryptic
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
ouch

SSLEVO
08-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry but i LOL'd a bit. Seems like that's the kind of stuff you see on TV. Don't you usually have to put a spacer between the top of the window and sash to keep it from opening up?

xxsn0blindxx
08-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Glad you can laugh about it, I'd still be fuming. Although to have made it his long without A/C, you must be one of the most patient people on earth.

88Nightmare
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I cant help but think of the nursing home scene in the movie Happy Gilmore whenever I hear about window mounted air conditioner units

Flicktitty
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I cant help but think of the nursing home scene in the movie Happy Gilmore whenever I hear about window mounted air conditioner units

MISTER MISTER GET THIS OFF OF ME! :rolf

88Nightmare
08-10-2010, 11:38 PM
you know that mister mister lady? I think I just killed her....

05caddyext
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Actually it was pretty funny right from the get go. I usually don't have any patience at all but ive been working on that alot this past year because my girlfriend and I picked up an abused dog from the humane society. He has been testing my patience A LOT because just about on a daily basis he pees or shits in the house, but I haven't yelled at him once. He shakes when he sees me, hes slowly getting better. So when this happened I just looked at my girlfriend and said "guess that saying throwing out the window is really true."

Update: I took the thing all apart last night and besides a nice dent on the right corner everything looked fine. Got it in the window properly after they WE-Energies guy left and it seems to be working just fine. We will see how much the bill is for the gas meter though, that could be bad.