PDA

View Full Version : looking for a cai for a 1997 sts?

hrsp
08-06-2010, 10:09 PM
ive looked online but casnt seem to find anything for it?

no aftermarket catback or headers or cai....any help would be appreciated!!

car is a 97 sts....thanks

03Seville
08-06-2010, 10:22 PM
You're not gonna find anything lol... the only catback Ive ever seen for the Seville is only for 98-03 and is a $1200 Corsa set up...

As far as I know they don't make an aftermarket CAI or Headers for it...

Their is very limited performance parts available for these cars...

If anybody does come along with something please post.. Ive been trying to find anything I can lol

theavenger333
08-07-2010, 11:16 AM
ABS pipe, some couplers, a filter. bam

hrsp
08-07-2010, 03:38 PM
abs pipe?

03Seville
08-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Here's a pic of my hot air intake which really doesnt do shit lol.... need do figure out something to keep the heat outta there... but since they dont make a CAI kit for the northstar i did this...

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/tewig1/0517001025.jpg

hrsp
08-07-2010, 04:13 PM
damn very clean!! im linda suprised there is no aftermarket for the northstar...

i prolly just get a k@n filter or just a paper one...lol

i was just hoping to squeeze a few more mpgs...

Hey "03seville" what mpg do you get on avg?

03Seville
08-07-2010, 04:38 PM
my avg varies alot... freeway the best ive done was 27mpg... but daily with about 50/50 city hwy mix i avg around 18-20 and i tend to get on it alot lol....

and yeah Ive always wondered why no aftermarket ever really came for them but i guess thats why corsa can charge $1200 for a damn catback lol

GTSLOW
08-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Yikes you'd think that sucker would be losing power? I'd pull the what looks like remains of the factory box out. Get some longer piping that is the same size as the TB (not coupled down). Move the filter where the old box was and get some cheap sheet metal from Ace and fab up a heat shield. Cover the hot side with heat tape and you'd have one hell of an intake.

03Seville
08-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Yikes you'd think that sucker would be losing power? I'd pull the what looks like remains of the factory box out. Get some longer piping that is the same size as the TB (not coupled down). Move the filter where the old box was and get some cheap sheet metal from Ace and fab up a heat shield. Cover the hot side with heat tape and you'd have one hell of an intake.

actually the majority of that is in the works... honestly never even though twice about the size of the piping though... (amateur mind :goof)
When I first put it in i didnt have the tourqe bit i needed handy to get the rest of the air box out and then just never got around to it...

Heat shield Ive been wanting to do badly just havent had the time to do it...

thnx for the input!

Al
08-07-2010, 11:39 PM
i was just hoping to squeeze a few more mpgs...
The Trade-off
hot air = mpg
cold air = power

This is why so many cars have a setup where the intake sucks warm air off the radiator during regular driving but open a valve near the filter to allow cooler air into the engine when you peg it.

03Seville
08-07-2010, 11:47 PM
The Trade-off
hot air = mpg
cold air = power

This is why so many cars have a setup where the intake sucks warm air off the radiator during regular driving but open a valve near the filter to allow cooler air into the engine when you peg it.

wow, honestly never knew that at all... everything Ive always been told has always been about drawing cold air... never heard that warm air increases MPG....

brotherbenn83
08-08-2010, 08:47 AM
COLD dense air= more fuel needed, hence the loss of MPG.

03Seville
08-08-2010, 10:04 AM
COLD dense air= more fuel needed, hence the loss of MPG.
ok didnt think about it that way... makes sense, now i feel kinda :goof lol